Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Please Join Engagement Game! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Grateful in VA
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 11 2014 at 7:45am | IP Logged Quote Grateful in VA

I love that mug! I can actually envision having coffee out of it. It's such a happy color too.
That silly lego movie song won't leave my head now
Everything is Awsome...

I would love to have a mug like that to use as a planter on my deck

So here is where I come clean and say the reason the time change is hard is becase my kids are all in public school and our bodies have a hard time adjusting to the new time and there really isn't any wiggle room to get used to it. The first few days are just hard.
Back to Top View Grateful in VA's Profile Search for other posts by Grateful in VA

4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 11 2014 at 7:55am | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

Back from the hospital with my young lad....holy cow, it’s been an intense few weeks. We are figuring out his asthma is a bit more complicated by some airway issues, so it’s been a lot of trial and error the last week. BUT...now we have a working plan.

After a lotalotalotalota stress, how do you debrief? I have come home to jump right back into the mix with appts and ballet today, when I’d really love to sit and knit and get my head on straight....but the last few weeks have been crazy, so there are things to tend to around here and I can’t go on autopilot today or the next. I am going to try to workout. I can’t believe I am saying that....me....workout. BUT, I find since I’ve been doing it semi-regularly, I do feel better. The real secret is.....I love reading my Kindle while walking on the treadmill and doing the elliptical. It is the ONLY reason I find exercising tolerable at a gym. When the weather finally breaks, I Love to bike and hike, but that might be June the way things are going, more snow today and tomorrow.

I need that big yellow mug with a decaf latte and another with chocolate chip ice cream.

hmbress
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 11 2014 at 9:25am | IP Logged Quote hmbress

Grateful - no need to feel embarrassed that your kids are in public school this year! We all do what works best for our families and sometimes that changes from year to year.

4ladsmom - Once a wrote a list of little things I enjoy that help me on days like those. I often have to physically look at it to remind me of some of the simplest mood-lifting/coping strategies. Things like putting on a favorite happy-music or praise CD (especially something that gets me up and dancing around while I work) or classical piano or guitar, calling a friend even for a 10-minute check-in, hiding in my room for half an hour to read something light or uplifting, watching a half-hour episode of a sit-com (The Office never fails for me!), taking a 15-minute walk, etc. Sometimes just finding even 10 minutes to do something along these lines is enough to get through the rest of the day more calmly!

Grateful in VA
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 11 2014 at 9:53am | IP Logged Quote Grateful in VA

hmbress wrote:
Grateful - no need to feel embarrassed that your kids are in public school this year! We all do what works best for our families and sometimes that changes from year to year.

Well to be honest I have never homeschooled. My kids even went to a private school for preschool. I have kept quiet here over the years because I felt like maybe I had no business giving input on a forum for homeschoolers.
I have decided to put myself out here anyway because, well, you guys are awsome and being a stay at home mom gets pretty lonely.

Nervously clicking post...
Back to Top View Grateful in VA's Profile Search for other posts by Grateful in VA

hmbress
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 11 2014 at 10:42am | IP Logged Quote hmbress

The way I see it, every parent is a home educator! Much of what we discuss here on the forum applies to all families, don't you think?

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 11 2014 at 11:03am | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

hmbress wrote:
The way I see it, every parent is a home educator! Much of what we discuss here on the forum applies to all families, don't you think?

I agree!   

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

asplendidtime
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 11 2014 at 12:18pm | IP Logged Quote asplendidtime

Grateful in VA wrote:
hmbress wrote:

Well to be honest I have never homeschooled. My kids even went to a private school for preschool. I have kept quiet here over the years because I felt like maybe I had no business giving input on a forum for homeschoolers.
I have decided to put myself out here anyway because, well, you guys are awsome and being a stay at home mom gets pretty lonely.

Nervously clicking post...

Oh I'm so sorry you have felt that way.    please join in we can all learn from each other!   I also want to say that we are using Switched on Schoolhouse, and have for a couple of years now. I have eight students this year, we have already done first trimester twice this school year already, as we had a m/c in fall. So believe that many of us enjoy the fellowship here, learning about what works for other families. But not all of us are homeschooling the same ways. This is what works for us, for now, and in this season, and I'm loving not having to teach anything but little guys right now.   

Mary 14,
Tim 13,
Jonah 12,
Josh 10,
Zoe 9,
Will 7,
Peter 6,
Laura-Mae 4,
Emily-Joy 2,
Genevieve & Gabriella 1
Back to Top View asplendidtime's Profile Search for other posts by asplendidtime Visit asplendidtime's Homepage

Grateful in VA
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 11 2014 at 1:34pm | IP Logged Quote Grateful in VA

hmbress wrote:

I absolutley agree. That's why I keep coming back

I guess it's my own insecurities that are the real problem. I'm working on that as part of my lent. Stretching out of my comfort zone...

I am thankful for the support and wisdom I have found here.

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 11 2014 at 1:55pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

hmbress wrote:

Sure the homeschooling support here is wonderful, BUT there's like a bazillion places out there for that.. what drew me here and keeps me so involved is the FAITHFUL CATHOLIC support.. now that is hard to find.    

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

Grateful in VA
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 11 2014 at 3:20pm | IP Logged Quote Grateful in VA

JodieLyn wrote:

Sure the homeschooling support here is wonderful, BUT there's like a bazillion places out there for that.. what drew me here and keeps me so involved is the FAITHFUL CATHOLIC support.. now that is hard to find.    

Yes!!!

I don't remember what I specifically searched for that found me here. I was only a year or two into my return to the church after 20+ years away. I was craving information and ways to bring the Church into my life. I was raised "Cafeteria Catholic" and found myself drifting from the Church in my teens. I began my journey back after my twins were born and just really wasn't sure what I was doing. This forum has been a huge blessing in my life. I have learned so much about our faith here.

On a lighter note...it was finally warm enough out to wear one of my short sleeved purple shirts.

4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 11 2014 at 6:44pm | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

No purple here! But I’ll be wearin’ the Green on Monday!!!

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: March 12 2014 at 1:27pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Hello ladies! I'm merging my Wednesday Shout Out with this thread through spring - a one stop visit to say hi and let you know how I'm doing during this wild time! Wrote about it at my blog here: Spring demands a big mental purge.

Dave has been away from home a bunch, too, BUT he'll be home tonight and tomorrow ALL DAY so on my list is to come here and SAVOR what you have shared here and reply a bit.

Thanks so much, everyone. I read your replies as they come in and they lift me up, make me think, and help remind me that I'm connected to GREAT people

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: March 13 2014 at 11:36am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Angie Mc wrote:
Hello ladies! I'm merging my Wednesday Shout Out with this thread through spring - a one stop visit to say hi and let you know how I'm doing during this wild time! Wrote about it at my blog here: Spring demands a big mental purge.

This spring our family doesn't seem to have as many obligations and it has been a nice pace for a change.

Enjoy your wild time, Angie!

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 13 2014 at 12:08pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

Yeah Paddling like mad here too. You know going down the rapids and if you don't paddle fast enough you get pushed along by the water without any control... yep.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

Booksnbabes
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 13 2014 at 12:30pm | IP Logged Quote Booksnbabes

JodieLyn wrote:
You know going down the rapids and if you don't paddle fast enough you get pushed along by the water without any control... yep.

This pretty much sums up my life.   

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 13 2014 at 1:16pm | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

Just enjoying all the beautiful daffodils blooming here.. seems like they are really going to town this year!

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: March 13 2014 at 2:57pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

SeaStar wrote:
Just enjoying all the beautiful daffodils blooming here.. seems like they are really going to town this year!

Oh, I wish.... we have a single crocus - that is it so far.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 13 2014 at 2:58pm | IP Logged Quote Erin

I just have to share, I'm so, so, so excited I'm jumping cartwheels our dd9.8 is reading finally, finally reading as in taking a short chapter book to bed and reading a few chapters and doing so again the next morning. It's been a long hard slog but we have arrived                 

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

joann10
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 13 2014 at 4:23pm | IP Logged Quote joann10

I haven't been here in what seems like forever. (But I always read the posts)
We are still in the midst of never-ending winter. We have about a foot and a half of snow still on the ground and today's high temperature was 16 degrees. We are just trying to hang on until the springtime weather arrives.

I've been enjoying this thread.
Back to Top View joann10's Profile Search for other posts by joann10

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 13 2014 at 5:53pm | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

For all you ladies who are still snowbound...

<< Prev Page of 12 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version