Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Please Join Engagement Game! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 03 2014 at 11:16am | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

MaryM wrote:

Jodie gets the super-hero mom award for mentioning it (and having the most posts so far in this thread)

Thank you

My dh says I also get the super-wife award this morning because I know where to find things even when I'm mostly asleep

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

asplendidtime
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 03 2014 at 9:13pm | IP Logged Quote asplendidtime

MaryM wrote:
Bumping on Sunday - Hey Angie, what are the rules here? - since the forums are closed until late night on Sunday it might not get bumped. Will that be a start over if it doesn't get bumped?

Trivial trivia for the night - it's Dr. Seuss's birthday.

Mary, I have a cutie Dr. Seuss story, happened at my house on Friday, 14yo said to 2yo at naptime, "which story would you like me to read you?" And 2 yo Laura-Mae replied "ohhhhh, Dr. Foussis!" I was impressed that my 14 yo knew right away she meant Dr. Seuss, a huge fave at our place.   

Mary 14,
Tim 13,
Jonah 12,
Josh 10,
Zoe 9,
Will 7,
Peter 6,
Laura-Mae 4,
Emily-Joy 2,
Genevieve & Gabriella 1
Back to Top View asplendidtime's Profile Search for other posts by asplendidtime Visit asplendidtime's Homepage

Mimip
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 03 2014 at 9:55pm | IP Logged Quote Mimip

Thank you, thank you for my many changes award. It can be granted to me almost every weekend when I try to figure out fashionable choices for a 37 year old mother of 5 with a plus sized body!!!!!

So I just wanted to give you all a heads up that I'll be leaving the thread and boards for Lent.

I'll be praying for you and may you all have a blessed 40 days.

See you April 21!

Back to Top View Mimip's Profile Search for other posts by Mimip

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 04 2014 at 5:28am | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

Mimi-

We will miss you during Lent . Please keep us in your prayers!

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

hmbress
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 04 2014 at 5:35am | IP Logged Quote hmbress

So last night was our first time watching a Buster Keaton film (we watched Go West since we are all about cowboys right now). GREAT family fare! Couldn't stop laughing! That and many other of his films are on Netflix instant.

Pilgrim
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 04 2014 at 5:42am | IP Logged Quote Pilgrim

asplendidtime wrote:

A poster I wish still shared is Lisbet, I check her blog regularly, and just wish she had the time to still share her peaceful presence and wisdom in what she has learned. I definitely understand that she's busy. Just miss her input.    

I miss her, too. If you see this, what is the name/link to her blog?

St. Clare Heirloom Seeds coupon 4Real 20% off

St. Clare Audio
Back to Top View Pilgrim's Profile Search for other posts by Pilgrim Visit Pilgrim's Homepage

asplendidtime
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 04 2014 at 10:07am | IP Logged Quote asplendidtime

Joyful Chaos Farm

Mary 14,
Tim 13,
Jonah 12,
Josh 10,
Zoe 9,
Will 7,
Peter 6,
Laura-Mae 4,
Emily-Joy 2,
Genevieve & Gabriella 1
Back to Top View asplendidtime's Profile Search for other posts by asplendidtime Visit asplendidtime's Homepage

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: March 05 2014 at 9:35pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Need some random post...got to keep the ball bouncing.

One of our chickens laid a ginormous egg - we think it is going to be a double yolk. It is almost twice the regular size we have been getting. Will find out tomorrow.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

hmbress
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 06 2014 at 5:15am | IP Logged Quote hmbress

Mary, you are definitely in the running for best animation - that chicken has me grinning from ear to ear! (Yes, I am easily amused )

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 06 2014 at 5:48am | IP Logged Quote Erin

Soaped conditioner into my leather lounge today, really naughty of me for leaving it too long. Lounge is 2 years old and I was supposed to condition it every 6 months which I didn't. So now some leather has flaked off So if you've got a leather lounge ladies, open your bottles and start rubbing.

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 06 2014 at 8:15am | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

It is sunny here, and although it is cold, I'll take the sunny!! is everyone talking (and talking and talking) about the never ending winter in your parts? I've had about three ft drifts in my front yard for a few months!!! So ready for Spring, but given how bad ds's asthma is, not sure if a big thaw and sprouting green stuff is the best for him.

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: March 06 2014 at 9:05am | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Hooray for us! The ball is still in the air and this is FUN! Thanks to all who are playing :) If you haven't jumped in yet, please DO! This game is open to everyone fabulous   

Hey Mary, my detail catching friend, it would be great if we can keep this topic going through Sunday. Let's figure out our options

And I'll be back later today but wanted to add a few details here and to the OP. As of the morning of March 6:

* We have kept the ball in the air for 9 days straight!

* We have the most replies (50) to a recent post in Tea and Conversation since Blogging which has 58

* We have 610 views which is a bronze metal winner for recent T&C posts with Outdoor Mary Statue with 999 on Feb 17 the current silver medalist and Smartphone with 2297 on Feb 7 being the winner winner chicken dinner Gold medalist!

And we've got our work cut out us! Check out these numbers:

Quote:
Most views: "Who's Expecting?" with 89,174 views. ("Please Read Before Posting" has 468,142 views, but is not a true representative of a forum thread,)

Most posts: WPTTL's "Special Intention" thread with 804 posts. 2nd place goes to "Who's Expecting?" with 580.

Tim and Janette will tell us the same stats for Tea and Conversation. I wonder which are the record holders in this forum? Whatever they are, they need to be looking over their shoulder. We're closing in

Later gators!

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Booksnbabes
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 06 2014 at 9:58am | IP Logged Quote Booksnbabes

Kind of a neat weather day here. It is foggy, but below freezing, so the trees are lightly frosted. For some reason the evergreens are only frosted on the south side. My thought is that whatever wind exists is coming from the south and has something to do with it.     

Yesterday afternoon we replenished our peanut butter pinecone bird feeders and moved them to a different tree with a better viewing angle from the living room. The juncos have been entertaining us this morning.

And most exciting of all...we are finally unpacking and shelving our books!       We moved at the beginning of November (we still have the other house, unfortunately--a very expensive storage unit). We kept out the essentials for school plus whatever books random books we could fit on one small bookshelf. This week we finally brought home our large bookshelf (it takes up one wall of the living room) and have spent enjoyable hours going through our books. The difficult part is keeping the children on task--they keep wandering to far corners with books they rediscovered!

asplendidtime
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 06 2014 at 11:11am | IP Logged Quote asplendidtime

Booksnbabes wrote:
Kind of a neat weather day here. It is foggy, but below freezing, so the trees are lightly frosted. For some reason the evergreens are only frosted on the south side. My thought is that whatever wind exists is coming from the south and has something to do with it.     

Yesterday afternoon we replenished our peanut butter pinecone bird feeders and moved them to a different tree with a better viewing angle from the living room. The juncos have been entertaining us this morning.

And most exciting of all...we are finally unpacking and shelving our books!       We moved at the beginning of November (we still have the other house, unfortunately--a very expensive storage unit). We kept out the essentials for school plus whatever books random books we could fit on one small bookshelf. This week we finally brought home our large bookshelf (it takes up one wall of the living room) and have spent enjoyable hours going through our books. The difficult part is keeping the children on task--they keep wandering to far corners with books they rediscovered!

This was lovely to read!    Thank you!

Mary 14,
Tim 13,
Jonah 12,
Josh 10,
Zoe 9,
Will 7,
Peter 6,
Laura-Mae 4,
Emily-Joy 2,
Genevieve & Gabriella 1

guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 06 2014 at 12:02pm | IP Logged Quote guitarnan

Quote:
The difficult part is keeping the children on task--they keep wandering to far corners with books they rediscovered!

This sounds lovely...I'd like to be in a corner with a beautiful book, too!

Booksnbabes
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 06 2014 at 2:06pm | IP Logged Quote Booksnbabes

guitarnan wrote:
Quote:
The difficult part is keeping the children on task--they keep wandering to far corners with books they rediscovered!

This sounds lovely...I'd like to be in a corner with a beautiful book, too!

Me too! I will admit to taking many, "Oh, I love this one!" breaks. Our read-aloud time has been sadly lacking of late, and it has been such a joy to weave picture book time with the task of unpacking. God is good!

4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 06 2014 at 9:24pm | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

Anyone see "Gravity"? Probably not the best movie choice to relax after three straight weeks wrought with breathing problems. I feel like screaming for oxygen and a sedative!!
I'm back to gentle Jane Austen movies.
I'm reading "In This House of Brede." LOVE that book!! Much more relaxing than astronauts lost in space.

4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 06 2014 at 9:26pm | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

And how do you pronounce "Brede"?

Grateful in VA
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 07 2014 at 9:12am | IP Logged Quote Grateful in VA

Ok, I'll join in.

first
4 lads mom wrote:
And how do you pronounce "Brede"?

I have no idea. I read the book a few years ago and fluctuated between calling it bread or breed. I'm hoping someone actually knows the answer.

second
I'm sitting on my couch watching several dozen birds hanging out at my 3 large bird feeders. I have had 2 bird feeders out for years. The third one was a gift this Christmas. For whatever reason the birds have prefered the new one since we hung it up. It seems even birds are most interested in the newest "thing". This is of no real importance I just find the idea fascinating.

So that's my 2 cents worth of what's rattling around in my head at the moment.
Back to Top View Grateful in VA's Profile Search for other posts by Grateful in VA

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 07 2014 at 9:42am | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

Do you find yourself wearing more purple during Lent?

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

<< Prev Page of 12 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version