Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Introductions 2012 - "Hi, I'm..." (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
pamajoyfulmoc
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 14 2012 at 4:51pm | IP Logged  

Hi, I'm Pam from Michigan. I've appreciated your site very much, though I am not Catholic. (Hope you all don't mind.)We have 13 children, and have lost 3 to miscarriage also. I am an older mom who may be at the end of a wonderful season. Kinda sad, but content in God's will.
Back to Top View pamajoyfulmoc's Profile Search for other posts by pamajoyfulmoc

Nique
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 14 2012 at 6:37pm | IP Logged  

Oh Pam, how wonderful to have you here!

Your quiver is full ~ what a blessing it is that God has blessed you so!

He must think you are doing a wonderful job and I agree!

Back to Top View Nique's Profile Search for other posts by Nique

misswallo
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 16 2012 at 5:18pm | IP Logged  

Welcome Pam!

pamajoyfulmoc
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: July 16 2012 at 5:22pm | IP Logged  

Not sure where or how to reply...hopefully here!
Thanks, both of you, for your welcome.
Back to Top View pamajoyfulmoc's Profile Search for other posts by pamajoyfulmoc

June1
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Aug 21 2012 at 3:49pm | IP Logged  

Hi, all!

I'm not a homeschooling mother (my husband sadly hates the idea), but I am trying to give my three-year-old son a head-start on school by teaching him as much as I can at home. I work from five in the morning until one in the afternoon, so I have the rest of my day (Praise God!) to be with my son. We've made some progress but I really want to create a more solid routine, especially Bible study.

We are Roman Catholic but in the four years we've been married, my husband has fallen further from the faith (please pray for him! )while I have been falling further in love with Christ.
Back to Top View June1's Profile Search for other posts by June1

mamaslearning
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 21 2012 at 7:48pm | IP Logged  

for you June! And welcome!

Back to Top View mamaslearning's Profile Search for other posts by mamaslearning

June1
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Aug 21 2012 at 7:55pm | IP Logged  

Awww, thank you, mamaslearning. I'm excited! It's such a blessing to find like-minded people, even if we can't speak face-to-face.

Pilgrim
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 22 2012 at 10:25am | IP Logged  

Welcome, June! May you find much grace and support here!

St. Clare Heirloom Seeds coupon 4Real 20% off

St. Clare Audio
Back to Top View Pilgrim's Profile Search for other posts by Pilgrim Visit Pilgrim's Homepage

AmandaV
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 22 2012 at 12:57pm | IP Logged  

Welcome, June!

wife since 6/03, Mom to son 7/04, daughter 2/06, twin sons 6/08 and son 7/11, son 1/2014
Back to Top View AmandaV's Profile Search for other posts by AmandaV

Nique
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 22 2012 at 10:43pm | IP Logged  

June, you sound like such a faith-filled individual. Your son is deeply blessed! So too, is your hubby - keep praying for him (I will too!) Your head and heart are in the right spot - and we are grateful you are here!

Keep up the good work and positive attitude!

We need you as much as you need us!!

June1
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Aug 23 2012 at 4:14am | IP Logged  

Thank you, all! I'm so, so happy to be here! I'm glad this place exists, as I don't know any other like-minded people.

Yes, please do pray for us! We're in desperate need of intercession. I'm praying for all of your well-being, too!

Monica A
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Sept 21 2012 at 8:35am | IP Logged  

Hi everyone! I'm Monica.

DH & I live in the Midwest with our 3 year old son. We're both recent converts to the Roman Catholic Church; DH joined 6 (7?) years ago & I joined 3 years ago.

We're "unofficially" homeschooling our son for now since he's not school aged yet. But I'm looking forward to when he's old enough for school! Actually, it's hard to find a balance. I want him to grow up & start school yet at the same time, I want to keep him my baby for a long as possible!   

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here and hopefully develop some great friendships along the way.
Back to Top View Monica A's Profile Search for other posts by Monica A

Nique
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 24 2012 at 2:15am | IP Logged  

You are sooo welcome here Monica!

Enjoy your little guy! LOTSA time for educating him. What wonderful times you have ahead!

bfleur
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Sept 28 2012 at 8:54am | IP Logged  

Hi there! My name is Brooke and I am a 'newbie' here. Both my husband and I are converts to the Catholic Faith, of about 10 years now, and we live in the Panhandle of Nebraska. We have 5 boys, ages 8, 7, 5, 3, and 1 1/2! We have homeschooled from the very beginning and have used a variety of curriculum and 'styles'. We currently have moved to classical education with an emphasis on Charlotte Mason style. My oldest son struggles with dyslexia, and every day I struggle with trying to keep myself from despairing with such a challenge. But this year we have dove head first into 'living' and 'classical' books, and so much beauty and joy have seeped into our days in a most amazing way! I look forward to being *here* and meeting all of *you*!   

~Brooke
Back to Top View bfleur's Profile Search for other posts by bfleur

Monica A
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Sept 28 2012 at 9:07am | IP Logged  

Thank you for the warm welcome Nique!

And welcome brooke!!
Back to Top View Monica A's Profile Search for other posts by Monica A

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Sept 28 2012 at 9:36am | IP Logged  

Welcome Monica and Brooke!! Big to Brooke who I know irl - always fun to have friends join in.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

bfleur
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Sept 28 2012 at 12:55pm | IP Logged  

Thanks Monica & Mary    Mary, it is so nice, to be able to meet with you here! Can't wait to dig into the topics!
Back to Top View bfleur's Profile Search for other posts by bfleur

Nique
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 28 2012 at 2:12pm | IP Logged  

You are an inspiration to ALL of US bfleur!

monica4patience
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 8:09am | IP Logged  

Hi all! I'm Monica from southeast Michigan. We've recently brought our youngest, DS12, home to school. He'd been at Catholic school for K-5; was labeled ADHD by teachers but the reality was that he had significant learning disabilities/delays and was frustrated with the fast pace. He just couldn't keep up, so distracted himself and others. He was at a Christian Montessori Upper Elementary class for 6th grade and thrived there. His self-esteem soared. This year in same school, but Middle School, he started failing again. It was much more academic, reading HS level fiction, just not able to keep up. We had many meetings with staff; spent 2-4 hours on homework nightly. Accommodation plans were just too little, too late. He really needs the remedial work. We figured if we were going to spend that much time working with him, we might as well homeschool him and get to work with him when he's at his best, not after hours in school!
We'll be using Verticy Learning for phonics/spelling and grammar/writing. Catholic Heritage curriculum (Math, Science, History) arrived yesterday! As advised, we're focusing on the remedial work and core subjects. Looking to use living history for his literature. We'll add Handwriting and Typing to the schedule after we've settled into a routine.
Other kids: DD22: recent Michigan Tech grad; 1-12 Catholic school educated; 4 job offers before Thanksgiving of Senior year; great job in her field; living on her own.
DS20: special needs (bipolar/autistic); recent grad of HS for kids with learning differences; currently taking pre-college courses at local community college; undiagnosed learning differences; volunteer with Squires and works with elderly.
Married 33 years tomorrow! DH & I both 1-12 Catholic school.
Back to Top View monica4patience's Profile Search for other posts by monica4patience

Aagot
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 9:02am | IP Logged  

Welcome Monica! What a difference this will make for your son.
Back to Top View Aagot's Profile Search for other posts by Aagot

<< Prev Page of 6 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version