Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
 4Real Forums : Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
Subject Topic: spring clean in 40 days - AMBITIOUS Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Trinity
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 15 2011 at 7:44am | IP Logged Quote Trinity

Mackfam wrote:
ABAng wrote:
I have never heard of Mrs. Meyers products...are they all wonderful?

I think they are!    I enjoy the scent. Over the years, I've enjoyed honeysuckle (a favorite!), basil (light, and very pleasant), geranium (heavier and more floral scented, very pretty), and now I'm excited to try lemon verbena!

Here's my spring cleaning tip. --> I don't usually use scented dryer sheets throughout the year (I prefer scent-free on most things here: lotion, laundry soap, dryer sheets), but I always order one small box of scented Mrs. Meyers dryer sheets for spring cleaning - I place a half sheet in drawers, and I tuck them in cupboards and under sinks. I even glued a clothespin to the back of my pantry door and hang one there - every time the door opens it leaves a pleasant scent in the pantry! It is very pleasant to have a fresh, light scent when windows are open in the spring! I do use them in the dryer as well when I do big seasonal washing - like spring blankets, curtains, etc. It's a simple way to add a little freshness to the home.

I placed my order yesterday so next week I'll build our spring cleaning tool kit. That gives me a few days to work out a detailed list of duties that can be easily delegated!!

You might check stores like Whole Foods, Fresh Market, or any other natural/health food type store to see if you can find a dish soap to try, or at least see what you think of the scent.

Happy spring cleaning everyone!
I am loving all of these ideas!

My mother introduced me to Mrs. Meyers. There are so many wonderful scents to choose from. We already use essential oils in our home for cleaning and aromatherapy, so I enjoy these as well. The scents are not overwhelming which is a problem with so many scented cleaning products these days.

I am not a huge fan of Walmart, but they also carry Mrs. Meyers products.

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 15 2011 at 7:47am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

I'll be a dissenting voice--I didn't like the scents of Mrs. Meyers. I tried a few, and they didn't seem like their label and were too overpowering.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Trinity
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 15 2011 at 7:50am | IP Logged Quote Trinity

Our spring cleaning is not too ambitious, but I am working on cleaning an decluttering everything. I am amazed at how much we have already donated, recycled and thrown out. It feels so good!

We are not really working on any home improvement projects right now, but I may purchase new curtains for the dining room after Lent.

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: March 16 2011 at 2:51pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Trinity, your plan sounds amibitious to me! Praying for you.

My Mrs. Meyers products just arrived...Lemon Verbana! Jen, I love the scent and would never have thought to purchase/use the dryer sheets - thanks! Jenn, I was very sensitive to overpowering scents until very recently. I'm chalking it up to getting older - making lemons out of lemonade .

I also have a doc. in the works for our plan. Thanks, everyone, for your wonderful ideas and encouragement! I'll see if I can link the doc. later.

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: March 16 2011 at 2:59pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Angie Mc wrote:
I also have a doc. in the works for our plan. Thanks, everyone, for your wonderful ideas and encouragement! I'll see if I can link the doc. later.

Here is is at Scribd: Spring Cleaning Plan. I'll be changing/updating it but this is a good start for us.

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

LLMom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 18 2011 at 11:43am | IP Logged Quote LLMom

I don't know if anyone else has seen or used this incredible list, The Clean Heart, Clean Home Challenge. I love the detailed list, calendar, cleaning supplies ideas, etc.

Back to Top View LLMom's Profile Search for other posts by LLMom

*Lindsey*
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 18 2011 at 1:17pm | IP Logged Quote *Lindsey*

We are working on spring cleaning here, too. DS' FHC is May 1, so that makes me even more determined!

Thanks to you ladies, I received an order of Mrs. Meyers Lemon Verbena yesterday. It's lovely! It made cleaning the kitchen and bathroom SO much more enjoyable! I was trying to figure out an alternative to using vinegar (since we had an awful problem with fruit flies the last 2 years, and they LIKE vinegar!) Gah!

Trinity
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 19 2011 at 10:06am | IP Logged Quote Trinity

Angie Mc wrote:
Trinity, your plan sounds amibitious to me! Praying for you.

My Mrs. Meyers products just arrived...Lemon Verbana! Jen, I love the scent and would never have thought to purchase/use the dryer sheets - thanks! Jenn, I was very sensitive to overpowering scents until very recently. I'm chalking it up to getting older - making lemons out of lemonade .

Love,
Thank you, Angie. I am praying for you and our other ladies here as well. This is such a special time of the year and I know we all try to accomplish more during this time.

We have taken a bit of a cleaning break the past couple of days due to colds and a tummy bug. I am sure we will come back rested and ready to tackle the clutter by Monday. On one hand our home is not too bad, but I know we have far more than we need. I have a couple more bags ready to be donated to the Salvation Army already.

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: March 22 2011 at 9:21am | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

I wanted to offer a post I wrote as a possible resource as we each consider our spaces and the role each space plays in our family, as well as our desires to clean them and keep them lovely and workable for our families. This is really just for consideration. I really enjoy contemplating some of these ideas each Lent...I thought it might be ok to share here:

An Ordinary Home Seeking Splendor Meets a Design Notebook

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: March 22 2011 at 9:23am | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Angie Mc wrote:
Angie Mc wrote:

Here is is at Scribd: Spring Cleaning Plan. I'll be changing/updating it but this is a good start for us.

Love,

Angie,
I found your spring cleaning plan to be remarkable!! I particularly enjoy those details (you knew I would though!!) and I really enjoyed the way you approached it and formatted it! I find it inspiring my own detailed plans! Thank you for sharing and compiling!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: March 25 2011 at 10:16am | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Mackfam wrote:
Angie,
I found your spring cleaning plan to be remarkable!! I particularly enjoy those details (you knew I would though!!) and I really enjoyed the way you approached it and formatted it! I find it inspiring my own detailed plans! Thank you for sharing and compiling!

Coming from you, Jen, that means a lot, thanks! I'll tell you, though, it is your principle, "one room at a time," that is making a huge difference in my plan and peace! I tend to become unfocused and tasks spread .

We're still in the #2 room (the one with the most work) but after that, things should move more swiftly. Also, I gave myself a reasonable deadline of completing the back of the house by the end of this month. If not completed - oh well - moving onto front of house for final preparations before Easter.

And here is a great blog article with awesome photos to put our ambitious cleaning into perspective!

How's everyone's SC coming along?

Love,

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 25 2011 at 12:44pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

Well, it's not exactly a plan but my mom and sister rented a rug doctor with upholstery attachment so I got to use it too and my 3 recliners are all nice and clean (I have no carpet and the couch is a futon that I can wash the cover in the washing machine)

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version