Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Poll: What is your favorite color? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Poll Question: What is your favorite color?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
7 [14.29%]
16 [32.65%]
2 [4.08%]
6 [12.24%]
11 [22.45%]
1 [2.04%]
6 [12.24%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: June 29 2010 at 10:42am | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

Every time I have a choice of colors, I always seem to pick the blue one, so I guess that means it's my favorite color. Purple and red, then pink come next.

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

Anneof 5
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 29 2010 at 12:56pm | IP Logged Quote Anneof 5

Mine has always been green although I love color in general as it affects my mood a lot. I have lots of green clothes, a green kitchen, living room, some touches in my bathrooms, hunter green trim on my house. My first car was green. However, I don't like the newer meaning of the word, "green". It kind of turns me off as it is being pushed so much these days. I do care about the environment but I do tire of this constant reference to being "green".
Back to Top View Anneof 5's Profile Search for other posts by Anneof 5

stacykay
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 29 2010 at 1:18pm | IP Logged Quote stacykay

JodieLyn wrote:
My favorite color has always been blue.. but that doesn't mean it's the color I always use. I like yellow in my kitchen (with blue accents ) and I like reds in the living room and blue in the dining room. I use sage and pine green in the bathroom.. greens and blues in my bedroom.....

I love blue, as I noted above, but most of my home is in various shades of green. My dining room is a pale mintish sort of green above the chair rail, my kitchen has dark green-speckled corian counters, and my bedroom has a green carpet (with a hint of blue.) In addition to the blue I will be painting my bedroom this summer, I am going to continue the green from my dining room into my kitchen and family room (the color goes well with my Waverly valances that have white background with various green leaves, small bunches of assorted purple grapes, assorted pink/mauve/maroon flowers including some cabbage roses and finally trimmed with burgundy piping.) The foyer and hall will be some sort of a warm tan color. Oh, and all three baths in the house are painted a warm brownish color.

OK, not to be too off track , getting back to fave color ...

JodieLyn wrote:

....And I've always loved being in or near water.. I've wondered if that might not be why I'm also drawn to blue.

I was thinking about this, too. I love swimming and my ideal home would be a place on water. The blue of the ocean is so serene. (But I'd take any body of water, including a little lake like the tiny one I grew up on.)

God Bless,
Stacy in MI
Back to Top View stacykay's Profile Search for other posts by stacykay

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 29 2010 at 1:50pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

stacykay wrote:
JodieLyn wrote:
My favorite color has always been blue.. but that doesn't mean it's the color I always use. I like yellow in my kitchen (with blue accents ) and I like reds in the living room and blue in the dining room. I use sage and pine green in the bathroom.. greens and blues in my bedroom.....

I love blue, as I noted above, but most of my home is in various shades of green. My dining room is a pale mintish sort of green above the chair rail, my kitchen has dark green-speckled corian counters, and my bedroom has a green carpet (with a hint of blue.) In addition to the blue I will be painting my bedroom this summer, I am going to continue the green from my dining room into my kitchen and family room (the color goes well with my Waverly valances that have white background with various green leaves, small bunches of assorted purple grapes, assorted pink/mauve/maroon flowers including some cabbage roses and finally trimmed with burgundy piping.) The foyer and hall will be some sort of a warm tan color. Oh, and all three baths in the house are painted a warm brownish color.

OK, not to be too off track , getting back to fave color ...

Now, isn't it funny how much color plays such a role. Jodie, I have the same leanings. I love blue, but I don't do only in blue. (Although Carole did visit and noticed I like it a lot upstairs.) But I have yellow rooms, and my kitchen will be light yellow with blue accents.

Stacy, that sounds so lovely. The colors found in nature are so beautiful, it's hard to limit. Now if this poll was to ask what colors I don't like, that's easier to state. I don't like browns, oranges, and most greens (especially the yellow and brownish greens), but I don't like them only when found in clothing and in my house decorating. I love them in nature.

And there's a seafoam bluish/green that I love. It's pale, pale blue green leaning towards gray that I use in my living room.

In the old 64 crayon Crayola box, my favorite crayons/combo was green-blue, blue-green, carnation pink, and magenta. I also like periwinkle blue.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 29 2010 at 1:53pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

That makes me wonder a further poll question. do you like primary shades, or muted shades?

I prefer bolder, purer colors, and lean toward the "cool" side, blue undertones (compared to warmer yellow undertones). Even if I like a pale color, it's not muted, just softer hue (mixed with white).

What do you like? Anyone remember Color Me Beautiful and the color palettes? My personal color choices would totally fit in the "Winter" scheme.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 29 2010 at 4:14pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

I wear "winter" colors too.. pale true colors or dark or bright colors generally. cool undertones.

But for my house.. well like the white I picked in the living room has an undertone that is that color right between yellow and pink (almost a peach but not orangy at all).. on the walls it just looks white.. but oh the difference in how the house feels.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

mom3aut1not
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 29 2010 at 5:33pm | IP Logged Quote mom3aut1not

I answered "Other -- explain." So I'm explaining.....

Cranberry is my favorite color, but I only want it in smallish amounts. You might say it's my favorite accent color. I can wear it in a shirt, but I wouldn't want a couch in cranberry. My favorite color not necessarily in smallish amounts is blue, especially grayish blues.

I generally prefer cool or bluish colors. So does everyone in the house.

In Christ,

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: June 30 2010 at 3:13pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Blue. Always blue. Well, there was that short lived purple stage in 3rd grade. Growing up, my family all had blue eye. I thought/think that's special...and part of my fondness for blue. (I married a man with gorgeous brown eyes, which all of my children inherited. Maybe blue-eyed grandbabies are coming .)

I wear mostly blue (green + nuetrals). I finally have blue in my home. Against most common advice, my indoor entry is blue. I believe it works because it is cooling, a great counter to the heat here! It goes with the informal cottage theme...shades of sky and water.

It's funny, but I do find myself rooting for blue in this poll .

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: June 30 2010 at 5:37pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Angie Mc wrote:
It's funny, but I do find myself rooting for blue in this poll .

And blue does seem to be in the lead...

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Carole N.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 02 2010 at 2:58am | IP Logged Quote Carole N.

I voted red, but not just any red. It has to be cranberry red.

But then again, I also like deep greens as well as sage green. I have to be careful in my house with strong colors as the rooms are smaller. We did paint the dining room with cranberry red, but I think that I am using a biscuit color in the bathroom.

And as for clothing, I find that I still wear black, blue, burgundy, and green, but now I seem to like purple as well. Once again, the stronger colors prevail as well.

Trinity
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 02 2010 at 6:20am | IP Logged Quote Trinity

Another vote for blue here. : )
Back to Top View Trinity's Profile Search for other posts by Trinity

Theresa H
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 02 2010 at 9:14am | IP Logged Quote Theresa H

Voted for yellow here, not dark yellow but a lighter, subtle yellow. Have to admit my house is painted yellow as are my living and dining rooms.

An interior designer told my Mom that a touch of yellow should be in every room - I agree, but don't remember why she recommended the touch of yellow.

I was a fan of purple in elementary years - purple dresses for three years in a row for school pictures and a purple room. (Wore alot in college too - Kansas State color)

Theresa H
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 02 2010 at 9:22am | IP Logged Quote Theresa H

Anneof5 - When I read your post, this is what I also associate with "going green"    "Going Green" doesn't always have a pleasant, positive feeling, does it?

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version