Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Across Time and Place (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Across Time and Place
Subject Topic: Montessori or Geopuzzle continent maps Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Online Status: Offline
Posted: June 17 2009 at 9:48am | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Suzanne beat me to it...I thought I remembered that the only **real** difference we could find was that Kid Advance puzzles have the plastic knob and Alison's had the wooden.

SuzanneG wrote:
They are probably all made from the same crazy Chinese manufacturer anyway . Kind of like dishwashers....same manufacturer, just a differnent name slapped on them

I'm thinking this is true.

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 17 2009 at 9:51am | IP Logged Quote Meredith

SuzanneG wrote:
I haven't inspected Meredith's Alison's puzzles closely, but from afar,

Well, come on over!! The knobs are wood and yes, I have had to glue down some of the knobs, but overall, the quality is excellent from Alison's. You also get three control maps with each puzzle which is nice.

One other thing to keep in mind is your shipping costs as this is a large item, I think I paid around $80 for shipping from NY to ID (when we were living there). So if you're closer to CA (which I believe is where Kid Advance is located) that might be the best option for you. Just my little side note

Blessings,

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

CatholicMommy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 17 2009 at 3:35pm | IP Logged Quote CatholicMommy

I have seen that some companies have the same puzzles and some of QUITE different ones - mostly in size of the map itself, thickness, types of knob, that sort of thing... The size differences though can be frustrating.

If for example you do what I did to start with and buy the world puzzle map and North America puzzle map, then purchase another a couple of months later (to reduce the monthly expense...), and it is such a different size it doesn't fit in the cabinet made to fit the first two... well, it's a problem

Fortunately I was able to sell both sets to two different schools that happened to use those particular sizes/shapes - and I purchased a complete set (I think from Kaybee).

ALSO, the Nienhuis knobs need to be glued on to - so don't let the knobs throw you off! It's not price - it's just happens!

Back to Top View CatholicMommy's Profile Search for other posts by CatholicMommy Visit CatholicMommy's Homepage

Angel
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 17 2009 at 4:09pm | IP Logged Quote Angel

CatholicMommy wrote:

ALSO, the Nienhuis knobs need to be glued on to - so don't let the knobs throw you off! It's not price - it's just happens!

That's so weird! But it does make me feel better.

Back to Top View Angel's Profile Search for other posts by Angel Visit Angel's Homepage

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version