Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Baseball Moms Unite! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 15 2010 at 9:48am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Baseball prayer continued:
Quote:
Protect the little infielders from bad bounces and assauge the pain of wounded lips and checks when blood mingles with the infield soil; grant them deft shovel dips and 6-4-3 double plays.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: April 16 2010 at 7:20am | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Quote:
Spare the eager outfielders from misjudging long drives in the lengthening twilight, permit them swift, diving catches in the dry and tranquil grass, and assure them hard, accurate tosses on cutoff throws to the inmost diamonds, straight to second or at the corners with the runners on.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Erica Sanchez
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 19 2010 at 12:41pm | IP Logged Quote Erica Sanchez

Mary, I love the prayers! I will pring them for my baseball guy.

I became a baseball mom two years ago and this is our third season of Little League. Mary and I were laughing about how our season starts so early here (Feb.) compared to hers. When our guy started playing I was surprised by how enjoyable it was to watch the games. It's even more enjoyable when my young teens volunteer to keep the rowdy toddlers at home. :)

I've told this story here before. I think it's worth repeating.

I believe it was in the spring of 2007. Stephanie (stefoodie) was in San Diego with her lovely family and we, along with Lissa's family, met them for lunch at Balboa Park. Afterward, Stephanie's husband asked my then 8-year-old son what sports he played and my son said in the most unembarrassed, innocent way......"I do dance"!!!!!!!!!

He was taking a homeschool ballroom dance class at the time. You can imagine my husband's reaction when I told him later. Now he plays baseball and some soccer. And, he still takes that dance class.

Back to Top View Erica Sanchez's Profile Search for other posts by Erica Sanchez

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: May 24 2010 at 7:12pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Betsy, I never did update here that for Mother's Day 2009, my family gave me the Home Plate floor mat - it's no longer at Amazon so here's another link. I can't tell you how many people admire this rug .   

Erica Sanchez wrote:
He was taking a homeschool ballroom dance class at the time. You can imagine my husband's reaction when I told him later. Now he plays baseball and some soccer. And, he still takes that dance class.

Oh, Erica, that's funny! Little League is wrapping up here, club ball is almost finished, and the Diamonbacks aren't having a stellar year. On a happier note...

My 14yo will start with a new situation for him, a summer program at a local high school with the goal of player development and readying to try-out for the freshman team next spring. I can't believe how time flies!

Where are you all with your baseball season? Who are you cheering for? What's next?

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Veronika
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: May 26 2010 at 4:15pm | IP Logged Quote Veronika

"Just wanted to chime in. Ladies! My boys are smack in the center of their baseball seasons and now my twin girls started softball too! It seems we're at the field every night! Tonight the girls have a game, and one of my sons has a game, both at the same time, on two different fields on opposite ends of town. Daddy goes to one and Mommy to the other yet again! I don't seem to have alot of non-baseball related free time lately so I haven't been able to keep up with the message boards, I have five more minutes till they come out of the pool to get suited up for the game and what do I see? A new thread about...none other than...BASEBALL! I think I'm going baseball mad! If it wasn't so much fun, that is. Have a great night, gotta go!

Back to Top View Veronika's Profile Search for other posts by Veronika

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: May 26 2010 at 5:54pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Oh Veronika, I'm so glad you chimed in! Good luck with all your games and keep us posted .

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Erica Sanchez
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 02 2010 at 2:02am | IP Logged Quote Erica Sanchez

Undefeated! If we win tomorrow night, we are champions of our league and move on to what they call 'Tournament of Champions' which is regional playoffs, I think.

Our Padres are in 1st place, too.

Back to Top View Erica Sanchez's Profile Search for other posts by Erica Sanchez

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: June 04 2010 at 1:58pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

How did you all do, Erica? I was praying! How wonderful to do so well .

As for the Padres, good for you. As for the Diamondbacks, sad for us .

Love,

LisaR
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 05 2010 at 8:25am | IP Logged Quote LisaR

ds Thomas (10) is doing very well pitching this year- he's had up to 9 strike-outs in a row as a lefty pitcher.
It is his third year pitching- and he was asked for the 2nd season to join a club/travel team coached by Brian Shouse- lefty pitcher of the Brewers and Rays now retired and back in his hometown!
- but Thomas choose to remain with club soccer, his first love.
Baseball is very relaxing and social and fun for him - I really think the intensity of the crowds and physical-ness of soccer prepared him to stay unwavering on the mound... and I have to admit- it's more relaxing for me as mom, too!
Our Dominic, who has severe vision issues, is really connecting with the ball this year as opposed to last year, and has hit many doubles. He's fielded some great outs as well, and we are so glad that it is coming together for him.
Our 14 y/o Paul, has decided to retire from baseball for Rugby, but is assistant coaching both teams with my dh, and it is wonderful to watch them together!
Season lasts til end of July here- so we've got a ways to go.
Play ball, everyone!!

Paul 14
Thomas 11
Dominic 8
Maria Gianna 5
Isaac Vincent 9/21/10! and...
many little saints in heaven!
Back to Top View LisaR's Profile Search for other posts by LisaR

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: June 12 2010 at 8:56pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Well, another baseball season is over for us. It was a less-than-stellar season, but we had a lot of fun!

I wanted to drop in a link to a really great post written by Sarah at Plainsong for baseball families:

Safe at Home...How to Be a Baseball Family

Great post, Sarah! Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I really liked the section entitled, "protecting the plate."

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Erica Sanchez
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 13 2010 at 11:52pm | IP Logged Quote Erica Sanchez

Angie,

We did win our league (undefeated!) and moved on to the Tournament. We had our first loss of the season yesterday, but will still play in the finals beginning tomorrow night. If we win we keep playing until the championship/final game on Wednesday.

Oh, shoot, this reminds that I was supposed to soak some baseball pants (white) overnight tonight. I won't miss the extra laundry when this season is over. :)

All of this baseball talk is fun!

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: June 14 2010 at 10:50pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Thanks for sharing Sarah's blog post, Jen. I look forward to reading it.

Erica...undefeated - what an accomplishment! Let us know how the tourney goes. I'm rooting for you all!

I have to share...Our family was able to attend the NCAA Super Regional last night and watch ASU win the championship, sending them to the College World Series . This was the best game I have ever watched live...and I've watched a lot of games. Both teams brought their best, to include amaaaaaaaaaaaaazing discipline, patience, sportsmanship, resilience, and skill.

Many home schooling moms go to a home schooling conference to refuel. Many catholic moms go to retreats to refuel. I went to one great game last night and I woke up ready to play...and play hard today at my vocation . No kidding!

I sure hope you can gather your players around the TV and check out some College World Series games to see some of the best ball out there. And while you're at it, cheer for ASU .

Love,

Betsy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 15 2010 at 7:56am | IP Logged Quote Betsy

ANGIE
My son's team won a drawing to be announced on the field for the Championship game of the Division 2 World Series. We only planned on staying for a few innings, but ended up enthralled and stayed for the entire game.

My DS's team is gearing up for the U9 World Series tournament (first round) is anyone else participating? I believe they are trading pin's--maybe we could do a long distance trade?

Betsy
Back to Top View Betsy's Profile Search for other posts by Betsy

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: June 15 2010 at 2:12pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Wow and Wow again! Oh how my boys would LOVE to be heading to the Little League World Series, but our town is never remotely close . Let us know if you get to the point of being televised . We watch some of the Little League World Series too (you all aren't surprised, are you? )

Praying!

Love,

Erica Sanchez
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 16 2010 at 1:28pm | IP Logged Quote Erica Sanchez

We're in the championship tonight! Be back later to let you know how we did. :)

Betsy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 16 2010 at 2:15pm | IP Logged Quote Betsy

Quote:
Let us know if you get to the point of being televised . We watch some of the Little League World Series too (you all aren't surprised, are you?

Don't hold your breath, but you never know! However, we too love to watch the little league world series!!! We are such sports junkies. No disrespect to baseball, but we are LOVING the world cup right now. :)

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: June 16 2010 at 4:44pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Erica Sanchez wrote:
We're in the championship tonight! Be back later to let you know how we did. :)

...can't wait to hear all about it!

Betsy wrote:
Don't hold your breath, but you never know! However, we too love to watch the little league world series!!! We are such sports junkies. No disrespect to baseball, but we are LOVING the world cup right now. :)

Betsy, Aiden and I gave up PTI (sports junkie fave show) for Lent . I'm hanging with some of the world cup but those horns are so distracting

Love,

Betsy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 16 2010 at 5:26pm | IP Logged Quote Betsy

Angie Mc wrote:
. I'm hanging with some of the world cup but those horns are so distracting

We are actually radio sports junkies (sports on the TV are a luxury). The horns are even MORE annoying on the radio!!!!!! However, we will endure!

Erica, good luck!!!! :)

Erica Sanchez
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 17 2010 at 1:44am | IP Logged Quote Erica Sanchez

Champions!!!!

Our season is over and I am more than a little happy about that. I told my gang that there will be no more junk food (snack bar food) until next season/next Spring. We may have withdrawals. :)

Anyway, totally more excited than I thought I would be! It was a very close, very exciting game as I think every championship game should be.

Thank you for all of the well wishes and good luck to everyone continuing on in the post-season.

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: June 17 2010 at 2:39pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

WOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Erica Sanchez wrote:
Anyway, totally more excited than I thought I would be! .

Baseball moms unite ! Enjoy this moment, one you all will never forget . So happy for you all.

Love,

<< Prev Page of 7 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version