Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Introductions 2009 Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
mamaof3
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 01 2009 at 8:27pm | IP Logged Quote mamaof3

Hi everyone. My name is Jessica and im from California. I've been married to my husband Nick for 7 years and together we have 3 children together. Leslie our oldest is turning 6 July 18, Anthony is 2 1/2 and baby Thomas is 5 months.
I started homeschooling Leslie last year, but I was using a charter school that just offered standard public school curriculum. Due to financial difficulties my wish of having her go to a Catholic school was not possible, or so I thought. It never occurred to me that I could homeschool using Catholic curriculum. I went to my parish office and was put in touch with other catholic homeschooling mothers.
I'm feel so blessed to be part of a church and religion that support each other for doing what is best for our children. Thanks for including me as I continue my journey of faith in teaching my daughter and eventually my two boys! We just purchased Seton curriculum and my daughter can't wait to get started!
Back to Top View mamaof3's Profile Search for other posts by mamaof3

Ladybird3
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: July 03 2009 at 9:40pm | IP Logged Quote Ladybird3

Hello everyone! I am another lurker creeping out of the woodwork here!

My name is Seana and my husband and I are parents to three beautiful babes: ds 6, dd 3, and ds 4months. My husband is a cradle Catholic who stopped practicing once he was confirmed until the last 2 years. This past Easter vigil I was received into the fullness of faith!

One of the team members of RCIA is a h/s mom of 7 and I just craved to hear more about h/s. However, I was much too intimidated to actually talk about h/sing because I immediately assumed I could never do that! Well, through the same path God took me through to RCIA I began exploring h/s.

Lots of time exploring about h/s…..then I finally bought Real Learning and my heart leapt at the concepts and philosophies in this book. Next I bought Picture Perfect Childhood and my heart sang again! There is so much I wish to bring to my children and these books point in the direction of my heart..and to other splendid books, too!

I am so looking forward to learning and growing with you all! Thank you for all the time and effort so many of you put into these forums they are truly a blessing in my life!
Back to Top View Ladybird3's Profile Search for other posts by Ladybird3

mary theresa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 06 2009 at 1:39pm | IP Logged Quote mary theresa

Welcome Dawn, Jessica and Seana!
We are glad to have you here! This truly is a wonderful place to be!   

holbein7856
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: July 10 2009 at 2:54pm | IP Logged Quote holbein7856

Hello! My name is Silvia, and it's been a very long time since I've posted, so I'll introduce myself before I post again. We have nine so far, seven boys. The oldest is 15 (girl), then six boys, another girl (2), and the baby, Benedict, is ten months. We use MODG as a foundation, and I glean from other sources like this one to enrich our curriculum and our lives. With nine, though, I really need the structure in order to make sure that something gets done everyday. I love homeschooling, and have done it from day one. Everyday, however, is an adventure (often of enormous proportions) that cannot be completed without dependence on Our Lord. I only come here now and then, but I pray for all of you wonderful moms and dads!
Back to Top View holbein7856's Profile Search for other posts by holbein7856

*Lindsey*
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 15 2009 at 11:49am | IP Logged Quote *Lindsey*

Hello! My name is Lindsey. My husband and I have 5 children. Our oldest, and only boy, is almost 6. DD1 is 4, twin DDs are 21 months, and newest DD is 3 months. My DH is a cradle Catholic and I was confirmed 6 years ago. I love homeschooling but am finding it challenging at times to balance everything.
Back to Top View *Lindsey*'s Profile Search for other posts by *Lindsey*

my6angels
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 20 2009 at 3:32pm | IP Logged Quote my6angels

Hi!!

My name is Gina. I have been lurking on this site forever and have gained so much from all of your suggestions and ideas so I thought it was about time I introduced myself!!

I have been married to my husband Mark for 12 years and we have 6 wonderful children! We live in a suburb of Chicago.

We've homeschooled since the beginning and use Seton for all of our core needs. We also use a lot of ideas from Real Learning (my favorite book!), Catholic Mosaic and many liturgical resources (my new favorite resource for that is Meredith's book Mondays with Mary). I will also be doing Along the Alphabet Path this year with my preschooler who is thrilled to be doing school too!!

Well that's about it! I'm very happy to meet you all :)

Gina
Wife to Mark for 12 years
Mama to Cecila(10),Savanna(7.5),Leo(6),Neve(4),
Fintan(22months) and Aurelia(10 months)
Back to Top View my6angels's Profile Search for other posts by my6angels

Craftysoprano
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: July 23 2009 at 2:49pm | IP Logged Quote Craftysoprano

Hello!

My name is Nicole. I'm an educator, a wife and mother and a serious crafter and vocalist. I'm mother to my 7 yo twin dss (George and Nathaniel) and a 2 yo dd (Elizabeth). I've been married to my best friend George for 10 years. We live, love and worship in Jacksonville, FL.

We had been using Catholic Heritage Curriculum for the past two years, but I'm switching to Mater Amablis this year (pray for me!!). I loved reading Real Learning and Karen Andreola's books and began to feel the Lord pushing me to go with a new method. We've homeschooled from the beginning, and even though I have a degree in Elementary Education, feel at times like I'm in a whole new territory!

I SERIOUSLY welcome any and all suggestions/tips and I covet all prayers!! I'm pleased to have found all of you and look forward to getting to know each of you!

Blessings!
Nicole
Wife to George, mother to George IV, Nathaniel and Elizabeth (and two little angels in heaven)
Back to Top View Craftysoprano's Profile Search for other posts by Craftysoprano

lovemy4
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: July 29 2009 at 7:21pm | IP Logged Quote lovemy4

Hi!

My name is Renee. I am a homeschooling mama of four kids so far! Ages 6,6 boy girl twins, 4 yr old boy and 1 yr old boy.

I'm originally from the Caribbean but now reside in not so sunny, nor warm Michigan with my dear husband Joe who is a native to these cold parts. We've been married for 7 years. Yes, on our first anniversary, we were a family of four!

I am eclectic in my homeschool. We use MODG as a baseline but I do some substitutions...well I guess that's the whole point of MODG.

My oldest boy has Aspergers, we're pretty sure that our four year old does as well. So we face some challenges and worries / fears as parents

With God's Grace All is possible and I so look forward to getting to know you all and having some friends on this amazing, crazy journey!

In Christ
Ren
Back to Top View lovemy4's Profile Search for other posts by lovemy4

DaniW
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: July 31 2009 at 7:27am | IP Logged Quote DaniW

Greetings!
My name is Dani and I have been a lurker here for a while. I finally decided to join as my oldest ds is about to turn 6 and we're embarking on this home school journey in a more formal way. (We did "preschool" stuff, but now that I'm implementing a bit of a schedule and my son is beginning to read, I feel like we're really just starting...)
I love to learn and hope to pass that love on to my children. My dh and I have 3 boys so far, Ziven 5, Oles 3, and Tait 11 mos.
In my "spare" time, I love to curl up with a good book and a steaming cup of tea. Though today a cold glass of lemonade on the front porch swing while I watch the boys ride their bikes might be a better choice
Back to Top View DaniW's Profile Search for other posts by DaniW

Cherishedheart
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Aug 06 2009 at 9:37am | IP Logged Quote Cherishedheart

Hello All,
My name is Gae and I am a homeschooling mother of 11.
I have long been a lurker coming and going at will. Whenever I think I will join up something happens to stop mw.
Well here I am
We live in Australia and do all year round learning at the moment.
We use a mixture of Charlotte Mason, which is were we started, Montessori, Classical, Waldorf Inspired Unit Study and what ever else we think will suit us at the time.
Our oldest son as graduated from our home education and has now started Uni by Distance Education. Our next son is following on following distance Ed too and doing his pre Uni studies.

At the moment our situation as a family is unique.
We are living in Tasmania while Stephen, my husband lives and works in Victoria. We all hope to move there very soon and this can only happen as we sell our house.
So you can imagine we are hoping to sell very soon.

I hope to be a contributor to this invaluable group of talented and knowledgable people.
God Bless
Gae wife to Stephen for 22 years
Mummy to
Kynan 89, Braedon 91, Autumn 93, Eden 95, Saxon 96, Vellvin 98, Rogan 00, Moran 02, Myffwyn 04, Corbyn 06 and little Arwen born 23/1/09

http://cherishedheartsathome.blogspot.com/
Back to Top View Cherishedheart's Profile Search for other posts by Cherishedheart Visit Cherishedheart's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Aug 06 2009 at 10:04am | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Gae - it's so good to **see** you here!

Welcome to all our new members!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 06 2009 at 3:32pm | IP Logged Quote Erin

Hip Hip Hooray! You have joined the party

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

dale45039
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Aug 06 2009 at 5:26pm | IP Logged Quote dale45039

Hello from the Sellers family. Dale and Kelly, Grace (8), Ben (7), Veronica (4), Dominic (3) and Abigail (1). We started our home school journey about three years ago using mostly curriculum from A Becka. We look forward to sharing our experiences and learning from all the seasoned pros out there - God bless!
Back to Top View dale45039's Profile Search for other posts by dale45039

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 06 2009 at 10:41pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

Welcome Dale and Kelly

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 06 2009 at 10:42pm | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

Wow, so many new folks! Welcome, everyone!    Come in, sit down, good to have you here!

mom to five
Back to Top View stefoodie's Profile Search for other posts by stefoodie Visit stefoodie's Homepage

missionfamily
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 07 2009 at 7:47am | IP Logged Quote missionfamily

Welcome to all our new members! May God bless and encourage you all through these boards!

Footprints on the Fridge
Back to Top View missionfamily's Profile Search for other posts by missionfamily Visit missionfamily's Homepage

scottmjca
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Aug 12 2009 at 2:18pm | IP Logged Quote scottmjca

Hello everyone.

My name is Cheryl. I am a domestic engineer who is trying to homeschool five beautiful children. Four girls and one boy ages 9.5, 7, 4, 2, and 4 mos.

We use MODG and Rightstart and have homeschooled from the start.

We enjoy the liturgical year... so much so that my oldest wants to wear dresses on Sunday that follow the liturgical colors!   
Back to Top View scottmjca's Profile Search for other posts by scottmjca

amyable
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 12 2009 at 2:23pm | IP Logged Quote amyable

Welcome Cheryl, from another mom of 4 and 1

Back to Top View amyable's Profile Search for other posts by amyable

9lives
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Aug 14 2009 at 11:45pm | IP Logged Quote 9lives

Hi everyone!
My name is Gretchen and I am a Catholic mom of nine, ages 17 to 1. I am homeschooling my younger children and I also write a family life column in our local newspaper. I am excited to meet some new Catholic friends!
Gretchen
Back to Top View 9lives's Profile Search for other posts by 9lives

practicalmom
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Aug 17 2009 at 7:44pm | IP Logged Quote practicalmom

Hi!
I'm Mary and beginning this homeschool journey with my eldest, 5yrs. The 3yr. old and 1 yr. old love to put a damper on my lofty plans, though I have been lurking for awhile but now need answers to my questions. Thus, I am here. I look forward to chatting.
Back to Top View practicalmom's Profile Search for other posts by practicalmom

<< Prev Page of 9 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version