Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: 5 reasons to be GLAD about this election! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Jen L.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Nov 07 2008 at 7:19am | IP Logged Quote Jen L.

I'm sorry if I came across judgementally. I was not well catechized and learned a lot from articles like these.

That's it.
Back to Top View Jen L.'s Profile Search for other posts by Jen L.

Helen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 07 2008 at 7:24am | IP Logged Quote Helen

Thank you Jen and Sarah for stating your beliefs in a charitable tone.

The Mother Nurture forum's goal is to be a place for ...

Encouraging, supportive, informative, and often humorous chat to energize and reassure

Thanks for keeping to our stated purpose.

Back to Top View Helen's Profile Search for other posts by Helen Visit Helen's Homepage

missionfamily
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 07 2008 at 9:38am | IP Logged Quote missionfamily

***MODERATOR'S FINAL NOTE***

As Moderators, we are aware of the tumult surrounding the recent election - we've felt it in our own families. We are also homeschooling moms ourselves with families and needs beyond this board. We are not a policing agency. We count on you, the member to self-police statements and always, always seek to foster an Atmosphere of Respect.

Atmosphere of Respect wrote:

Now, while we make every effort to be tough on topics in order to learn from charitable back and forth when appropriate, we place a higher priority on being tender with the people involved. This tenderness especially looks to avoid detraction and concerns all people to include members and moderators, those on the message board and off, those making headlines and personal family members, and those of faiths that are not Catholic, to name a few.

We've voted for whomever we thought (prayed, discerned, hoped) was the best candidate, the election is over, we have a new president-elect. Our job as Americans is to work for the good of the country. Our job as Catholics is to keep building a culture of life. Our job as Catholic homeschooling moms on this board is to keep this board respectful, courteous, and informative.

We are so grateful and encouraged by the many posts offering positive perspectives, prayers for the future, and of course action items for involvement in the pro-life movement. These discussions will always be welcome here.

We have asked repeatedly in multiple threads that a tone of charity always be taken. In How We Moderate we state:

How We Moderate wrote:

If a member attacks the Catholic faith or another person, moderators will skip the above steps and quickly edit or delete posts or lock and delete the thread immediately.

Any post that is prefaced "moderators can delete this if they like" will automatically be deleted.

Footprints on the Fridge
Back to Top View missionfamily's Profile Search for other posts by missionfamily Visit missionfamily's Homepage

Servant2theKing
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 07 2008 at 2:33pm | IP Logged Quote Servant2theKing

One thing that has come to my attention since the election is the need to be praying for Obama, Biden, and the entire cabinet, as they prepare to lead this nation. While I may not have voted for them, as a faithful citizen, I believe they deserve and need our unceasing prayers.

It is no small coincidence that Pope Benedict focused on Hope during his recent visit to the U.S. and that he also has declared this the year of St. Paul. May we all be led to pray through the powerful intercession of St. Paul for all those who have been chosen to lead us, whether we agree with those choices or not, and may those prayers be especially fruitful in helping protect the unborn and all life. Let us hold fast to Hope in the days to come!

Michaela
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 07 2008 at 2:43pm | IP Logged Quote Michaela

Servant2theKing wrote:
While I may not have voted for them, as a faithful citizen, I believe they deserve and need our unceasing prayers.

1Timothy 2:1-3
I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, 2for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. 3This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior

Servant2theKing wrote:
Let us hold fast to Hope in the days to come!

I tell you the truth, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices.
You will grieve, but your grief will turn to JOY. ~John 16:20 NIV

Elena
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 07 2008 at 3:04pm | IP Logged Quote Elena

I see a few other bright spots in an Obama presidency that have have nothing to do with politics.

He has little kids. We haven't had in a little kids in the office for a long time so this should be kind of fun.

I don't care for Michelle Obama, but I find that I do enjoy her sense of fashion. Someone mentioned that she is a lot like Jackie Kennedy in her love of simple sheath dresses. So I am looking forward to her sense of style.

Obama wants young black men to pull their pants up! I am so sick of the droopy drawers on young black and white men that I hope he can influence them to dress nicer and pull their pants up!!

(I voted McCain/Palin)

One Day at a Time

Back to Top View Elena's Profile Search for other posts by Elena Visit Elena's Homepage

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 07 2008 at 3:09pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

Elena wrote:

Obama wants young black men to pull their pants up! I am so sick of the droopy drawers on young black and white men that I hope he can influence them to dress nicer and pull their pants up!!

Did he actually SAY this?   

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 07 2008 at 3:10pm | IP Logged Quote guitarnan

I like how he wants a shelter dog.

I vote two thumbs up on presidential trouser style influence! I am so glad my own son prefers Boy Scout cargo pants to low-slung jeans.

Servant2theKing
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 07 2008 at 3:11pm | IP Logged Quote Servant2theKing

Thank you, Michaela for those verses....they will be posted in a promininet place in our home, prayed over, meditated upon, and referred to often! I really needed those words of grace!

Elena
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 07 2008 at 3:31pm | IP Logged Quote Elena

Obama: Here is my attitude: I think people passing a law against people wearing sagging pants is a waste of time. We should be focused on creating jobs, improving our schools, health care, dealing with the war in Iraq, and anybody, any public official, that is worrying about sagging pants probably needs to spend some time focusing on real problems out there. Having said that, brothers should pull up their pants. You are walking by your mother, your grandmother, your underwear is showing. What's wrong with that? Come on. There are some issues that we face, that you don't have to pass a law, but that doesn't mean folks can't have some sense and some respect for other people and, you know, some people might not want to see your underwear — I'm one of them. Obama says - pull your pants up!

One Day at a Time

Back to Top View Elena's Profile Search for other posts by Elena Visit Elena's Homepage

sarahb
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 07 2008 at 4:53pm | IP Logged Quote sarahb

That MTV link was a fun read. Maybe I should wander over there more often.
Back to Top View sarahb's Profile Search for other posts by sarahb

CrunchyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 07 2008 at 9:51pm | IP Logged Quote CrunchyMom

Elena wrote:

Obama: Here is my attitude: I think people passing a law against people wearing sagging pants is a waste of time. We should be focused on creating jobs, improving our schools, health care, dealing with the war in Iraq, and anybody, any public official, that is worrying about sagging pants probably needs to spend some time focusing on real problems out there. Having said that, brothers should pull up their pants. You are walking by your mother, your grandmother, your underwear is showing. What's wrong with that? Come on. There are some issues that we face, that you don't have to pass a law, but that doesn't mean folks can't have some sense and some respect for other people and, you know, some people might not want to see your underwear — I'm one of them. Obama says - pull your pants up!

Now that is some change I could support!

[URL=http://mysymphonygarden.blogspot.com/]Lost in the Cosmos[/UR
Back to Top View CrunchyMom's Profile Search for other posts by CrunchyMom

mary theresa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 08 2008 at 1:24pm | IP Logged Quote mary theresa

Elena wrote:

Obama says - pull your pants up!

I could support it too!

Servant2theKing
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 08 2008 at 2:18pm | IP Logged Quote Servant2theKing

To follow up on Michaela's post on 1 Tim. 2: 1-3...the Navarre Commentary gives a beautiful prayer, from St. Clement of Rome, one of the first successors of St. Peter...it is worthy of repeating in these days as well;

"Make us to be obedient to Your own Almighty and Glorious Name and to all who have rule and governance over us here on earth...Grant unto them, O Lord, health and peace, harmony and security, that they may exercise without offence the dominion You have accorded them...Vouchsafe so to direct their counsels as may be good and pleasing in Your sight, that in peace and mildness they might put to godly use the authority You have given them, and so find mercy with You. "

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version