Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Introduce Yourself (2007) (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 05 2007 at 7:08am | IP Logged  

Corrine, it is very nice to meet you! Our children are very close in age - mine are 11, 7 and 5 - all boys, though.

Welcome to the boards!

Back to Top View Dawn's Profile Search for other posts by Dawn

Maria B.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 05 2007 at 7:20am | IP Logged  

Corinne, welcome to this wonderful group of families. I have three boys close in age - 9,7,5 - that I am homeschooling. It is a whole "new world" after homeschooling four girls in a row. My older son blended in with all of them. I am finding that homeschooling three boys together demands a completely different game plan!

Back to Top View Maria B.'s Profile Search for other posts by Maria B. Visit Maria B.'s Homepage

Paula in MN
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 05 2007 at 7:24am | IP Logged  

Welcome Corrine!

Hoosiermama
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: March 05 2007 at 7:58am | IP Logged  

Hi Corinne, welcome!

I'm new here too. I have 3 boys, they're all teenagers (oldest will be 18 in less than a month, 15 and 14). I also live in Northern Indiana! I wonder if we're close? Wouldn't that be neat? :)
Back to Top View Hoosiermama's Profile Search for other posts by Hoosiermama

stacykay
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 05 2007 at 7:58am | IP Logged  

Hi Corinne and welcome!

I grew up in the Episcopal church. (Became Catholic on Easter Vigil '83 ) Three of my boys are 11, 8, and 5 (but those first two ages will change in this month and May .)
I have found everyone here to be so incredibly supportive and helpful in our homeschool journey!

God Bless,
Stacy in MI
(dss 18, 16, 11, 8, 5, and 2)
Back to Top View stacykay's Profile Search for other posts by stacykay

Corrine
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: March 05 2007 at 11:38am | IP Logged  

Thank you for the wonderful welcome.

Dawn, I'm familiar with your blog. I love the way you've combined the best of Waldorf with your faith and nature. I've read a lot of Waldorf educational materials and the crafts, quality art supplies, and the ideas of a home and seasonal rhythm have always spoken to me but a lot of the other "stuff" just didn't.

Hoosier mama, I live in South Bend.

Stacy, it's ironic I was raised Catholic but when my parents divorced and my father subsequently had the marriage annulled my mother left the church. She'd converted so they could marry in the church. I spent the rest of my youth going to Methodist church one Sunday and Catholic Church the next Sunday. I initially joined the Episcopal Church because it was a liturgical church (which I loved) that wouldn't hurt my Mom's feelings. I still think about returning to the Catholic Church and I'm watching all the talk of reconciliation between the Anglicans and Catholics with hope

Corrine
Dh(93), Dd(96), Dd(98), and Ds(01)
Back to Top View Corrine's Profile Search for other posts by Corrine Visit Corrine's Homepage

Chandra
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: March 05 2007 at 12:05pm | IP Logged  

Hello everyone, I'm new here. I've spent some time the last couple of days reading many of the posts here and all I have to say is that I'm so glad I've found you!!! I know that may sound silly to some but let me give you a brief introduction.

My name is Chandra and my husband and I have 5 girls (ages 9, 8, 6, 4 & 2) one son (19 months) and our second son is due in June. We are new to homeschooling this year, we are using Seton and we love it! We are as active in our church as we can be, with the children as young as they are and my husband in the military. We are currently "lucky" enough to be stationed in the same city as our families, but haven't talked to them in months. That's a whole other post though. Ugh.

The Catholic homeschool group here is mostly made up of families with older children, so the majority of their activities are during our beloved naptime. So, long story short--it is nice to find some families that are so much like us, even if it is on the computer! We don't know personally anyone who has more children than us, so we're always the odd ones out, which gets hard, but when I look around my house I wouldn't change it for the world!

Well, that's all for now--I hope this post makes sense, I had to stop about 20 times in the middle of it, LOL, but I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about! I look forward to getting to know you all and have someone to share my ups and downs with. It will be nice to share an off day with someone (other than my hubby of course) who doesn't tell me it's all my fault anyway because I have so many darn kids! Sorry this post got so long, I tend to ramble sometimes. Off to finish school for the morning! God Bless!

Chandra, mom to
Alexandria, 9
Victoria, 8
Elizabeth, 6
Genevieve, 4
Rebecca, 2
Michael 19 months
and baby boy due 7-28-07
Back to Top View Chandra's Profile Search for other posts by Chandra

Hoosiermama
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: March 05 2007 at 12:37pm | IP Logged  

We are close, I'm over in Goshen!

I was also raised Catholic until I was 10, was evangelical for along time and now I'm converting? re-converting? LOL!

We're planning a field trip this spring to Notre Dame University, anybody else ever visited there? Any must sees besides the usual ones?

http://peppermintpearl.blogspot.com/
(Help! how does one make a signature?)
Back to Top View Hoosiermama's Profile Search for other posts by Hoosiermama

ladybugs
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 05 2007 at 1:28pm | IP Logged  

Welcome, Chandra!

You'll find alot of great women here - and some men, too - and great ideas!

My etsy store - all proceeds go to help my fencing daughters!
Back to Top View ladybugs's Profile Search for other posts by ladybugs Visit ladybugs's Homepage

eschuetter
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: March 05 2007 at 1:31pm | IP Logged  

Hoosiermama wrote:
We're planning a field trip this spring to Notre Dame University, anybody else ever visited there? Any must sees besides the usual ones?

Welcome to the board...

To answer your question, All the liturgies at the Basilica of the Sacred Heart are wonderful (the setting alone is inspiring!) But if you are at ND on a Sunday during the academic year, I highly recommend the 11:45am Mass. The Folk Choir provides the liturgical music - complete with many instruments. Here's a bit from their website...

"...more than four dozen men and women's voices along with flute, organ, violins, guitar, string bass, Celtic harp, cello, and bodhrán (Irish drum)."

It all makes for a really wonderful experience of rejoicing in God's presence.

If you are there on Sunday night, Vespers (7pm, I think) are wonderful as well. They are in the Lady Chapel at the very front (rear?) of the Basilica.

You've brought back such fond memories

Another "must-see" is the "Word of Life" Mural... You'll see it best from the end of the reflecting pool, but I was always moved while standing directly under it and gazing upward as well. Something about the size and scale of the work from that vantage point always brought perspective to whatever was going on in my life...

There's lots more to see, the Grotto, Golden Dome (be sure to see the renovated inside, its lovely), and even just a walk around campus and St. Mary's and St. Joseph's Lakes is wonderful.

Ok, this post is much longer than I intended If you need clarification or more info, feel free to post or PM. And enjoy your trip!

Erica
Back to Top View eschuetter's Profile Search for other posts by eschuetter

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 05 2007 at 5:28pm | IP Logged  

Welcome, welcome to one all. Chandra, you sound my brother and SIL -- they had 8 kids between the ages of 12 and 1, but then they adopted to little boys from Guatemala to make it an even dozen around their table. They always hs'ed (which I used to think was crazy, but then I had my little ones and so love having them all home with me)....

Welcome to the boards

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

alicegunther
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 05 2007 at 7:53pm | IP Logged  

Welcome new members! It is great to read all these wonderful introductions.

Hoosiermama, if you need help setting up a signature, please feel free to pm me!

Cottage Blessings
Brew yourself a cup of tea, and come for a visit!
Back to Top View alicegunther's Profile Search for other posts by alicegunther Visit alicegunther's Homepage

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 05 2007 at 8:17pm | IP Logged  

Welcome to all new members, you're in the right place!! Enjoy your time here

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

dradz
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: March 06 2007 at 6:11am | IP Logged  

Hi All, I’ve been lurking far too long and need to introduce myself. I’ve been married to my dh for 15 years, with whom I’m raising 6 children.

I bought Elizabeth Foss’s book Real Learning years ago at a conference, and loved it! We are enrolled in St. Thomas Aquinas for the three older children, and currently homeschool a dd13, dd11, ds9, and ds7.

Over the years I’ve learned lots from this group; my favorites have been how to weave our faith into everyday life.

Thanks

Denise in NH
Back to Top View dradz's Profile Search for other posts by dradz

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 06 2007 at 8:16am | IP Logged  

Well, Denise, we're so glad you came out of lurkdom.....Elizabeth's book is a wonderful read; I've read it four or five times already and always get something out of it that I missed on other reads. Mine is pretty dog-eared and underlined, but it certainly does mesh with lots of the things I think a home should have for optimum homeschooling.

So, welcome Denise!

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

Fuzzy
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 07 2007 at 10:53am | IP Logged  

Hello! I thought it was time to come out of lurkdom, and today is the day! My name is Fuzzy, and I am sister to JennGM and Celeste. Please do NOT expect the same wonderful linkage and knowledge as these two, as I usually am the one to ask them for help! I have been reading along and praying with you ladies for a long time, and have even had a chance to meet a few. I LOVE your blogs!

I have 2 children: DS is 3 1/2 and DD is 2. I hope to homeschool, and get some great insight from you ladies. I have been married since 2002, am a SAHM and I am also a Pampered Chef consultant, and it helps me enjoy trying new recipes and get my family together at the table for meals (though they don't last long with littles!).

I have to admit, I can't wait to have a reason to use all those great emoticons!

Thanks so much!

Fuzzy
Back to Top View Fuzzy's Profile Search for other posts by Fuzzy Visit Fuzzy's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 07 2007 at 11:12am | IP Logged  

Hello, Fuzzy (Frances)! I'm glad you decided to "go public".

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

alicegunther
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 07 2007 at 11:19am | IP Logged  

Great to meet another sister of Jenn and Celeste's! Welcome Fuzzy!!!

Cottage Blessings
Brew yourself a cup of tea, and come for a visit!
Back to Top View alicegunther's Profile Search for other posts by alicegunther Visit alicegunther's Homepage

Celeste
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 07 2007 at 11:29am | IP Logged  

Hi, Fuzzy! Great to see you here, sis!

Celeste
Back to Top View Celeste's Profile Search for other posts by Celeste

Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 07 2007 at 11:54am | IP Logged  

Welcome, Fuzzy! It is lovely to "meet" you!

Back to Top View Dawn's Profile Search for other posts by Dawn

<< Prev Page of 20 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version