Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Introduce Yourself (2007) (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
JamieM
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Sept 27 2007 at 2:07pm | IP Logged  

Hi! My name is Jamie. Thanks to Bridget and Carole who pointed me in this direction! I have three children (ages 4 1/2, 3, and 1), and we are homeschooling. A friend of mine recently introduced me to Charlotte Mason, and I *love* what I'm reading. I am very eager to get to know all of you and learn from this forum!

Back to Top View JamieM's Profile Search for other posts by JamieM

MarieW
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Oct 11 2007 at 12:39pm | IP Logged  

Hello everyone. I've been reading for quite a while, but have never posted. My name is Marie, and I'm actually at the end of one homeschooling adventure and the beginning of another. I have 3 children: 25yo ds (not homeschooled), 21 yo dd (homeschooled from age 9 through high school and now a junior in college) and my baby, 17yo ds who will graduate from homeschool high school in January and start junior college. Whew! But, I have dear friends who are just beginning their homeschool journey and I am participating in their adventures. I really appreciate the supportive tone of this forum. Thanks so much to the moderators!
Back to Top View MarieW's Profile Search for other posts by MarieW

Leonie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 11 2007 at 4:14pm | IP Logged  

Welcome, Marie!

CandaceC
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Oct 15 2007 at 12:40pm | IP Logged  

Hi ladies! My name is Candace and I am new around here. Well, I've been lurking for many months now, but have decided to come out of my shell and say hi.

I am a Five in a Row user and lover as well as a Charlotte Mason fan, which in a round-about way is how I found this board - in looking for sites with wonderful book lists and such. I also am a huge fan of Elizabeth's blog, Melissa Wiley's and Dawn (sun and candlelight.) I think those are the 3 from that I frequent, but I may read more of them and just not know you are here. I have also read Elizabeth's book and LOVE it.

I will say that I am not Catholic. I am a conservative Christian, and we go to a southern baptist church right now. I have been intrigued by Elizabeth's blog to learn more about catholocism, but don't know really a good place to start.

I also am interested in learning more about Waldorf. I looked at my library and don't think there is much there to offer. IF anyone has 1 title of a book that would be great for beginniers, I would love to have the title!

So, I'm Candace. I have 3 little ones - Hannah born in Feb. 2002, Emily born in April 03 and Caleb born in March 05. We are in Tennessee.

Oh and I also "know" Ami from the homeschool share site, I love doing/using/writing unit studies and love this approach with my little ones. I used to teach public school kindergarten and that is how I taught at that time as well. I LOVE good children's books!

Here is my blog if anyone is interested:

www.homeschoolblogger.com/CandaceC

Looking forward to getting to know you all more!
Candace

His Mercy Is New
Back to Top View CandaceC's Profile Search for other posts by CandaceC Visit CandaceC's Homepage

LisaR
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 15 2007 at 12:47pm | IP Logged  

Welcome Candace!! I'm a convert to the Catholic Faith, and have fond memories of my time spent at a very vibrant, conservative, faithfulled Southern Baptist Church. I read every Theological book in their library though, and my hunger for "more" is what eventually led me to Catholicism
We love Tennesee! I'd love to settle down there someday.
I'm sure you will gain lots from these forums, I certainly have!

Paul 14
Thomas 11
Dominic 8
Maria Gianna 5
Isaac Vincent 9/21/10! and...
many little saints in heaven!
Back to Top View LisaR's Profile Search for other posts by LisaR

chicken lady
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 15 2007 at 1:12pm | IP Logged  

Welcome Candace! It is great to have you here, you have a lovely blog. As MAry G says, jump right in and have fun.

Molly
Back to Top View chicken lady's Profile Search for other posts by chicken lady Visit chicken lady's Homepage

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Oct 15 2007 at 5:27pm | IP Logged  

Welcome, Candace! My mom's extended family is Southern Baptist and my mom converted when she married my dad. Love 'em all:).    

CandaceC wrote:
IF anyone has 1 title of a book that would be great for beginniers, I would love to have the title!

Go ahead and post this to the Real Learning forum when you have a chance. I'm confident that you'll get some helpful replies.

Thanks for introducing yourself!

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Beverley
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Oct 18 2007 at 9:40pm | IP Logged  

Hi, I joined awhile ago, but have not found the moments I need to introduce myself. I am a catholic home-schooling mom of a daughter, 10, and a son, 7. Though, honestly, the Catholic doesn't come out much, and I am hoping to change that a little at a time. We attend mass, and my son is in his first communion class, but I find us lacking in our day to day lives.

We have home-schooled for about 2 years, and this year we are trying out a charter school in our area. School is 2 days a week and home-school 3. The jury is still out on how we all feel about this way of schooling. It has made our home-schooling time stressful as we adjust to a new schedule and expectations from an outside source. Slowly I am getting into a rhythm that allows us do continue to do things we enjoy as well as our school work.

I love the feel of things here, cozy.

Thanks.
Back to Top View Beverley's Profile Search for other posts by Beverley

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Oct 19 2007 at 9:14pm | IP Logged  

Welcome, Beverley! I appreciate your "little at a time" approach...very humane and doable. Thanks for your intro and I looke forward to reading your posts.

Welcome to all new members.

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Carmie
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Nov 06 2007 at 9:14pm | IP Logged  

Hi! I'm Carmen Liffengren and I joined the group back in March, but I'm just now getting around to introducing myself. I live in Colorado with my DH and two sons, Luke (8) and Samuel (2). I've homeschooled Luke from the beginning and I'm enjoying learning right along with him. I love Charlotte Mason, but I'm not a purist. I get inspiration everywhere! I especially love children's literature and we spend lots of time at the library! I look forward to learning from this group.
Back to Top View Carmie's Profile Search for other posts by Carmie Visit Carmie's Homepage

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Nov 06 2007 at 11:10pm | IP Logged  

Glad to see you posting, Carmen! I know you'll fit right in. Welcome.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

MaraMar
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Nov 09 2007 at 1:18pm | IP Logged  

Hello everyone! Glad to join this list! My name is Tamara. I live in Joliet, Il. with my husband and best friend Oscar, and two beautiful daughters ages 5 and two months. I was introduced to this board by another homeschooling friend in my support group when I began researching the topic of vaccines for my newborn. I must say I have found the discussion on this board extremely helpful, especially in regards to the Children of God for life resource. I hope to continue to receive and even to help other Catholic homescooling moms on this list!
Our family's interests are but not limited to: Music, Singing, Guitars, Pianos, Cooking, Baking, Nutrition, Homeopathy, Natural Medicine, Our Faith, Tap dancing, Ballet, Swing Dancing, Drawing, Dinosaurs, Reading, Knitting, Crocheting, Nature Walks, Dogs, Frogs, Cats, Babies, Yoga, Drinking tea, Studying herbal remedies, Writing, Chicago, Gardening, Magnets, Movies, Field Trips, Flowers, etc.
   My five year old often plays church with her dinosaurs, designating the biggest one, the T-Rex as our pastor! The little one loves milk, Mama & Papa, & being held while she sleeps.
   ~ Tamara
Back to Top View MaraMar's Profile Search for other posts by MaraMar

MeganLiving
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Nov 12 2007 at 3:21pm | IP Logged  

Hello! My name is Megan and my family and I recently moved to Houston, TX from Omaha, NE. It has been quite a change, but we are definitely enjoying the mild November!
      My husband began his neurosurgery residency in July, and I began my career as a stay-at-home mom! We have had a lot of adjusting to do, but I praise God that I am finally able to stay home! We have three little boys... Samuel ('04), Gabriel ('05), and Joseph due in March '08.
      I have felt called to homeschooling just in the past year... it's scary and exciting at the same time! I am yearning to find supportive Catholic women from whom I can glean some wisdom as I start this adventure. I have been reading Elizabeth Foss' blog for about a year (the first time was when she brought Karoline home from the hospital... I've been hooked ever since!). I've also tried to read every homeschooling book I could get my hands on!
      Thank you to all of the moderators of this forum and all of the women involved in this forum... you are all inspirations to me!
Megan
Back to Top View MeganLiving's Profile Search for other posts by MeganLiving

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Nov 12 2007 at 4:43pm | IP Logged  

Welcome, Carmen, Tamara, and Megan! Thank you for your introductions. Enjoy the board and I look forward to reading your posts.

Love,

TheresaS
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Nov 13 2007 at 8:33am | IP Logged  

Hello, my name is Theresa and I live in the UK with my dh and five children (son9, son7, daughter4, son2 and baby son five months). We've home educated since our eldest tried school for five weeks (disaster) aged 4. We have quite a loose style which we've settled into after setting out too structured for us. I found my way here reading blogs and have been blown away by the inspiration to be found here. I'm a cathlic convert, four years ago now, but dh is a 'cradle catholic'. I'm loking forward to joining in,
bws
Theresa
Back to Top View TheresaS's Profile Search for other posts by TheresaS

Nina
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 14 2007 at 4:56pm | IP Logged  

Greetings everyone!I am a mother of six.We homeschool four of the children.I design my own curriculum,which is mainly classical.My husband and I are Catholic.Some of my interests are:reading,Carmelite Spirituality,gardening,weight training,and cooking.I'm looking foreward to chatting with lots of you on this forum.
Back to Top View Nina's Profile Search for other posts by Nina

jnasmamma
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Nov 19 2007 at 12:45pm | IP Logged  

Hi all my name is Michelle and a friend on here loaned me Real Learning, which I loved, and I have been lurking a little on here. I have a 4 year old son and 19 month old daughter. My life has changed so much since God blessed us with children. My life changed even more when I had my daughter and I resigned from full time work. I am now working at home as a daycare provider. I also have a small etsy store and I am selling handknit hats but I hope to expand that in the future. I never anticipated a few years ago that I would desire to homeschool but over the past year I felt that God was guiding me to homeschool. I am excited and overwhelmed at times because there is so much information out there at homeschooling. From what I can tell this is a wonderful community here and I am excited to start asking all the questions I have rattling around in my head.
Back to Top View jnasmamma's Profile Search for other posts by jnasmamma

simplemama
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 19 2007 at 1:13pm | IP Logged  

Nina wrote:
Greetings everyone!I am a mother of six.We homeschool four of the children.I design my own curriculum,which is mainly classical.My husband and I are Catholic.Some of my interests are:reading,Carmelite Spirituality,gardening,weight training,and cooking.I'm looking foreward to chatting with lots of you on this forum.
weight training

I love the weight training in the middle of your other interests! We definitely need to do that as mothers! ;)
Welcome to our group! May God strenghten your soul as well!

Back to Top View simplemama's Profile Search for other posts by simplemama Visit simplemama's Homepage

simplemama
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Nov 19 2007 at 1:15pm | IP Logged  

Hey Michelle! Glad you are part of the group! I am definitely overwhelmed at times but have found this forum to be the most helpful as it offers such a different and 'perfect' balance ideas of all the homeschooling methods out there together with our beautiful faith. You are such a great mommy, I'm sure God will continue leading and blessing you!

Back to Top View simplemama's Profile Search for other posts by simplemama Visit simplemama's Homepage

mamaslearning
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 19 2007 at 3:51pm | IP Logged  

Hi! I'm new here with a 4 year old dd and 18 month ds. I really enjoy the book recommendations I've found here, and can't wait to read some more.

I am currently going through RCIA to become Catholic (my dh is Catholic and we always agreed that's how we would raise our children), and I am fascinated by all that I'm learning about the faith.

I enjoy reading, sewing, cooking, thrift store browsing, and crafts with my daughter. I wish I had more time for hiking, running, exercise, and learning how to knit.

I look forward to getting to know this group.
Back to Top View mamaslearning's Profile Search for other posts by mamaslearning

<< Prev Page of 20 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version