Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Introduce Yourself (2007) (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Roma
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Aug 25 2007 at 4:16pm | IP Logged  

JennGM wrote:
Welcome, Marcia and Roma! I'm glad you're here!

Roma, I have a 4 year old boy and one on the way. Are you in Northern Virginia? There is some great support groups here.

cool! NOVA? i guess some would say yes and some would say no. we're going to be between woodbridge and fredericksburg once we're settled (we just moved to VA.)
Back to Top View Roma's Profile Search for other posts by Roma

Stephanie_Q
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Aug 26 2007 at 5:40pm | IP Logged  

Hello. I'm Stephanie. I am going to start "officially" homeschooling my oldest daughter, who turned 5 this summer. She has a sister, who just turned 4, and two little brothers, 2 1/2 years and 8 months old.

My husband, to whom I've been married for 6 years, went to Catholic elementary school and was homeschooled in Junior High and High school (Our Lady of the Rosary, Seton). I went to public schools in MD, VA, CA, and CO (my family moved about every 3 years).

We live on 3 acres in rural Nebraska. I'm starting out with Catholic Heritage Curricula PreK/K because I need a basic day-to-day guide with a lot of flexibility. I'm nervous, but excited!
Back to Top View Stephanie_Q's Profile Search for other posts by Stephanie_Q Visit Stephanie_Q's Homepage

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 26 2007 at 9:21pm | IP Logged  

Welcome Stephanie! And Roma, and Marcia, and everyone I have missed lately!

This forum is a great place to be. Glad to have you here!

And glad to know Roma will soon be a local IRL friend as well!

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

jeanettew
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Aug 27 2007 at 10:03pm | IP Logged  

Hello! I'm Jeanette from the Tampa, FL area. I have a 2 and 4 year old that I learn from every day. I am a Catholic that needs some support. I lived in the same town, in the same house, and attended the same church until I was in my twenties (my husband too!). My childhood was nothing like my children's and I am struggling to find examples in my life. It sounds like maybe I've found some help!

Jeanette
Back to Top View jeanettew's Profile Search for other posts by jeanettew

hsmom
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Aug 28 2007 at 11:22am | IP Logged  

Hello, My name is Valerie. I am in my 11th year of homeschooling. I have just the 1 dd 9yo left at home. I have been using MODG for several years as a spine. I look forward to chatting with you ladies.

Have a blessed day.
Back to Top View hsmom's Profile Search for other posts by hsmom

KariW
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Sept 02 2007 at 5:43pm | IP Logged  

Hello - I'm looking forward to getting to know the many wonderful people in this forum! A good friend, SuzanneG, frequently sends thread links to me when I ask her questions, so instead of bothering her all of the time it is simply time for me to join and find the info myself!

My name is Kari and while my husband and I are Seattle natives we now live in South Central Wisconsin with ds who turns 4 on the Feast of the Archangels and dd who was born last year on Thanksgiving.

Tomorrow is our first official day of school, and thanks to this forum we'll start with a special breakfast, a Schultuete for ds and then a family field trip to Little Norway and Cave of the Mounds.

I know I'll be learning many things from all of the great families here and I can't wait!

Kari
Back to Top View KariW's Profile Search for other posts by KariW

dollylima
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Sept 03 2007 at 2:09am | IP Logged  

Hi, Im a new homeschooling mom of one seven year-old boy. We "live" in two states -- New York and Pennsylvania right now and are about to embark on an Overseas Adventure when we move to New Zealand in January. My son is a Waldorf School kid, but we are homeschooling for the next six months or so until he starts second grade in New Zealand in January...that is, unless we fall in love with homeschooling and decide to continue even after we move.
I have a sneaking suspicion we might.
We do not follow a catholic curriculum, but my son attends Faith Formation classes at our church and has a strong affinity for the Saints.
We use the Oak Meadow curriculum.
Glad to have found the site. It seems like a great resource and a place where wisdom is freely shared. It's nice to see a community of like-minded people.
Thanks for the site. Heather
Back to Top View dollylima's Profile Search for other posts by dollylima

CrunchyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sept 03 2007 at 12:45pm | IP Logged  

Hi!

My name is Lindsay and I have been reading these boards for a couple of years as research. Now that my oldest is 3 and I am planning to implement a few formalish things for preschool, I figure that I might have more reason and opportunity to actually participate. I've gleaned so much from these boards and many members' blogs! I'm looking forward to being a part of the fun!
Back to Top View CrunchyMom's Profile Search for other posts by CrunchyMom

Bridget
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 03 2007 at 1:33pm | IP Logged  

Welcome to all the new members, Jeanette, Valerie, Kari, Heather and Lindsay! We're glad to meet you!

Back to Top View Bridget's Profile Search for other posts by Bridget Visit Bridget's Homepage

DogwoodMama
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Sept 03 2007 at 6:46pm | IP Logged  

Hi! :) I am Elizabeth, and I have two real little ones, Charlotte (3 3/4) and Gwendolyn (1.5 yo). I'm just starting my homeschool journey, but I thought this would be a great place to read & learn. :)

(Oh, and hi Roma! *waving*)
Back to Top View DogwoodMama's Profile Search for other posts by DogwoodMama

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 03 2007 at 8:04pm | IP Logged  

Welcome, welcome ladies -- it's wonderful to see the recent growth and that so many of you are starting before "official" school age. I wish I had, but that's water under the bridge!

We've got lots of experience here and lots of folks who have questions no matter how long we've been homeschooling. Please feel free to jump right in and chat with us all so we can get to know you and vice versa!

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Sept 03 2007 at 10:34pm | IP Logged  

KariW wrote:
so instead of bothering her all of the time it is simply time for me to join and find the info myself!

Glad to "see" you here, Kari! Nine years ago (as single gals), who would've thought we'd be "talking" on a home education forum 2000 miles away from each other!

Welcome Jeanette, Valerie, and Lindsay! Looking forward to chatting about all things - "little people"!!!

And, Heather.....there has been discussion about Waldorf, art, etc. lately!

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

smillard
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Sept 08 2007 at 11:47am | IP Logged  

Hi! I've been lurking here for a long time, but I've never posted or introduced myself before. I'm Samantha, mom to a 10 year old son, 7 1/2 year old daughter, and another daughter who will be 2 in 2 weeks. This is our 5th homeschool year. I'm very thankful for this forum because I am always looking for better ways to incorporate the liturgical year into our home life.
Back to Top View smillard's Profile Search for other posts by smillard

Cheryl M.
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Sept 08 2007 at 1:44pm | IP Logged  

Samantha! It is so nice to see you again!! I'm not sure if you'll remember me from delphi heirloom sewing and smocking - IsabelaC or Cheryl M. -
Are you still way up north?? Are you still sewing and smocking for your girls?? And it's hard to believe that your son is already 10 - when did that happen....I guess at the same time mine were growing up also. :)

smillard
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Sept 11 2007 at 9:19pm | IP Logged  

Hi Cheryl-Isabella!    (Still remembering the day we realized we were calling you the wrong name! LOL) Yes, I'm still up north - 8 more months until we move back down south. I'm not sewing and smocking like I would like to be. I've done a few Lillians and Helens and things like that. But Emma is making good use of her sister's hand-me-downs. Michael's schedule should lighten up significantly next semester, though, so I'm planning things to sew for summer when we get back to the land of smocked dresses. We'll need dresses for the ordination and Michael will need some vestments too.

BTW, I'm still making the etoufee recipe you shared with me. My family loves it! Good to see you again!

Cheryl M.
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Sept 11 2007 at 10:10pm | IP Logged  

Samantha - it's so good to hear from you! Yes, the name thing was pretty funny! It's good to hear that Emma is making good use of Grace's dresses. They will both need a few new things for living down south again! For ordination dresses - maybe you should check out the newest issue of AS&E - Gail Doane has a gorgeous blue dress - perfect for a special occasion and looks like it would smock and make up pretty quickly.

Happy to hear y'all have enjoyed my etoufee recipe!

smillard
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Sept 11 2007 at 10:28pm | IP Logged  

I'll have to check that issue out. I always love what Gail does!

JEJE
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Sept 12 2007 at 7:50pm | IP Logged  

Hello everyone! My name is Jenica. Our family has four children (10, 7, 4 and 3 months). We are eclectic homeschoolers who use CM style unit studies and Bravewriter writing ideas.

I recently read Real Learning and thought "Yes! That is what I am trying to do here!"   

I am very excited to be a part of this group!
Back to Top View JEJE's Profile Search for other posts by JEJE

pixilated_momma
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Sept 19 2007 at 12:08pm | IP Logged  

Welcome, Jenica! I'm new here, too. I was led here through reading a lot of 4Real Learning blogs.

Maria
mum to Essie (7), Miguel (5), Sebastian (21 months) and baby Rafael in heaven
http://pixilatedmum.blogspot.com/
Back to Top View pixilated_momma's Profile Search for other posts by pixilated_momma Visit pixilated_momma's Homepage

eileenonhim
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Sept 24 2007 at 10:59pm | IP Logged  

Hi, everyone!

I'm new to posting here, but I've been getting tons of ideas here, especially about integrating faith into learning.

I have three little ones, ages 8, 4 and 20 months. I've been homeschooling our 8 year old from the start, using pretty much whatever seems to work.

This group has something really special going on, and I'm honored to be a part of it.

Eileen
Back to Top View eileenonhim's Profile Search for other posts by eileenonhim Visit eileenonhim's Homepage

<< Prev Page of 20 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version