Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Introduce Yourself (2007) (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
domchurch3
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 13 2007 at 1:49pm | IP Logged  

Hello,

My name is Elizabeth and together with my husband, I will be educating our only living daughter who just turned 5. I want to add the names of our 4 children already in Heaven, Fidelis, Christian, Bridget and Emily (lost through miscarriage) My goal is to get our living family members into Heaven, and I hope that my children in Heaven will pray for us.

I loved the essence of the book, Real Learning and hope to apply it's sweet fragrance throughout our family's home. I am prone to worry that I'm not doing enough and would like to have the support and advice of women in this forum. I also worry about the issues that will arise by homeschooling an only child. It seems every homeschooling book I've ever picked up says socialization is a non-issue when you have siblings. I've never read anything about homeschooling an only child.

I read up on nutrition, not because I love to, but because I hope to get healthy hormonally by eating right. (I follow the nutritional guidelines of the Weston Price Foundation)

I am teaching myself, through books, how to crochet and embroider. I have found a great sense of accomplishment in now being able to do something with ease, that once seemed impossible to learn.

I love to dance. I haven't danced classical ballet since high school, but I do sometimes try my hand at a pirouette when nobody is looking. I enjoy Pilates for exercise and hope to learn salsa and country western dancing with my husband.

I love our Catholic Faith, it truly is one big happy family.
Back to Top View domchurch3's Profile Search for other posts by domchurch3

GraceandCoffee
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: July 14 2007 at 1:53pm | IP Logged  

I haven't danced classical ballet since highschool either, but I too attempt the occasional pirouette when no one is looking.

Welcome, I am a newbie too. :)
Back to Top View GraceandCoffee's Profile Search for other posts by GraceandCoffee

cornomama4
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 14 2007 at 11:41pm | IP Logged  

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking for a few months, but finally took the plunge to register and join the list. About my screen name....I'm mom to 4 (ds7, ds6, dd1.5 and ds 3months) and I play french horn (corno) professionally. I do , however, also like corn and have been known to be a bit corny, so I guess all bases are covered.

I'm a fairly recent convert to Catholicism (3 years) from agnosticism, which I guess is a story in itself. I've gained so much from reading these boards, not only about homeschooling but about living our Faith. I only wish I had more time to browse the past posts, but the search option has really helped!

Looking forward to more insight, tips, fellowship, etc...

Pax,
cm4

Back to Top View cornomama4's Profile Search for other posts by cornomama4

Jennifer
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 17 2007 at 8:56am | IP Logged  

Hello, I've enjoyed reading the posts here at Real Learning for quite some time and decided it was time to get in on the conversations for real. So, here I am. I'm Jennifer, married for 10 years to a cranberry grower. We have four children - ages 9, 8, 5 and 3 - two girls and two boys. I look forward to being a part of this lively group.
Back to Top View Jennifer's Profile Search for other posts by Jennifer

Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 17 2007 at 9:35am | IP Logged  

Welcome to all our new members!! I hope you are as blessed by this board as I have been!

Back to Top View Dawn's Profile Search for other posts by Dawn

MamaAcorn
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: July 24 2007 at 10:15am | IP Logged  

Hi, I'm Pam, mama to three: Alex 6, Jackson 2.5, and baby Isabella 4 mo. I've really been homeschooling all along, but made it official last year. I think I'm a cradle Catholic, but mom stopped taking us to church when I was 4. I went through RCIA with dh two years ago while in Texas. We were both confirmed at Easter with ds2 and dh both being baptized. We moved back home to Indiana almost a year ago.

I read an article by Elizabeth on Catholic Exchange last week and followed the link to her blog, and well, here I am.

I enjoy knitting, cooking, and reading. I'm a natural childbirth educator and volunteer with LLL in my "free time."

Baby just woke up. Hope to be back soon!
Back to Top View MamaAcorn's Profile Search for other posts by MamaAcorn Visit MamaAcorn's Homepage

Leonie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 24 2007 at 5:16pm | IP Logged  

Hi Pam, and welcome!

simplemama
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 24 2007 at 5:41pm | IP Logged  

Welcome Pam, I just recently joined this board...like a few months ago and really enjoy it and I'm sure you will as well.
You sound like an awesome women! I just started learning to knit and am getting into sewing also. I've had 2 bradley births and don't know what I'd do without LLL.   

Anyway, pleasure to 'meet' you!

Back to Top View simplemama's Profile Search for other posts by simplemama Visit simplemama's Homepage

sweetiesmom
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Aug 02 2007 at 8:37am | IP Logged  

Hi,

I've been lurking a bit, and I thought I'd better introduce myself. I'm Amy, mom to dd9, dd7, ds5, dd3, dd6mos. We have been homeschooling from the start, and I have tried to use alot of CM ideas/philosophies along the way. I'm looking forward to getting to 'know' some likeminded Mamas.

Amy
Back to Top View sweetiesmom's Profile Search for other posts by sweetiesmom

Aggie gal
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Aug 02 2007 at 8:42am | IP Logged  

Howdy All!

My name is Amy and I'm a military wife and momma of six; five boys and one girrrrly girl. I've been reading the forums for a while now and decided I wanna play too!

I enjoy moving (okay, not the actual box packing/unpacking dealing with movers part, but the discovering a new place and it's culture/people part) the outdoors, crafty kinds of things, natural light photography, a really good bargain and signing... How's that for random??

I'm looking forward to getting to know y'all better and participating.
Back to Top View Aggie gal's Profile Search for other posts by Aggie gal

fishem001
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Aug 02 2007 at 8:49am | IP Logged  

Hi all,

My name is Emily. We live here in the DFW area in TX. My DH for 7 years and I have 2 two children, dd (5 1/2) and ds (3 1/2) and (there's a 3rd angel in Heaven).

I guess you could say I'm really homeschooling the 1st time this year. We have been doing preschool with my littles ones for the last 2 years. Now my oldest is officially Kindergarten age, so here we go...

I wasn't sure I could do homeschooling since I tend to be a bit disorganized and sometimes follow my own rabbit trails.    But, after reading Elizabeth's book, alot of prayer, and meeting some ladies in my area who belong to this forum and follow CM's philosophy, well, it seems like is the best thing I could do.

We look forward to this adventure, and we look foward to gleaning from all your experience and knowledge! Thanks for allowing us to join your group!!!

In Christ,
Emily
Back to Top View fishem001's Profile Search for other posts by fishem001

Matilda
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 02 2007 at 8:52am | IP Logged  

Hello Amys!

Amy #1... The mamas here are the most amazingly generous mamas you will never meet. Actually, they are pretty good about finding ways to connect IRL.

Amy #2... I am guessing you are from Texas. You don't see too many people who call themselves and Aggie who aren't! Glad to meet you both!

Waltzing Matilda
Back to Top View Matilda's Profile Search for other posts by Matilda

Aggie gal
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Aug 02 2007 at 9:02am | IP Logged  

Yes, Matilda, I'm from Texas originally. Houston area. My husband is from Dallas and we are both Aggies. We've been outta the Lone Star State now for about 14 years or so, and have lived in SD, OK, AK, IL, NE, OH, and now VA.

Nice to meet you as well.

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 02 2007 at 9:03am | IP Logged  

Aggie gal wrote:
Yes, Matilda, I'm from Texas originally. Houston area. My husband is from Dallas and we are both Aggies. We've been outta the Lone Star State now for about 14 years or so, and have lived in SD, OK, AK, IL, NE, OH, and now VA.

Hi Amy! I'm originally from Houston. Are you in Northern Virginia, and are you coming to the conference?

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Aggie gal
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Aug 02 2007 at 9:08am | IP Logged  

JennGM wrote:

Hi Amy! I'm originally from Houston. Are you in Northern Virginia, and are you coming to the conference?

Yes, and yeeeessssssssss! Very excited to be coming and meeting you all.   

MamaAcorn
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Aug 02 2007 at 9:16am | IP Logged  

We moved from the DFW area to IN almost a year ago. Have I met you, Emily? I remember meeting an Emily at an AP group function.

I've learned a lot in the little bits of time that I've been able to spend here in the last week or so. Hope you find it as useful.

Pam
mama to Alex 6, Jackson 2.5, and baby Izzy
Back to Top View MamaAcorn's Profile Search for other posts by MamaAcorn Visit MamaAcorn's Homepage

fishem001
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Aug 02 2007 at 1:08pm | IP Logged  

Pam,

I don't know. We might have met. What is an AP function?

Emily

fishem001
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Aug 02 2007 at 1:15pm | IP Logged  

Amy,

What year did you graduate from A&M? My husband is class of '93 and I'm class of '97.

Emily

Aggie gal
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Aug 02 2007 at 3:18pm | IP Logged  

Emily,

I'm class of '91 and my dh is class of '90. So good to see some fellow Ags on the board!

Gig 'em (Hey, lookie there, an emoticon just for us!)

-Amy

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 02 2007 at 4:35pm | IP Logged  

Aggie gal wrote:

Nice to meet you as well.

Is that you, Miss Amy?! I almost missed your intro. Welcome to the list, glad you decided to come and play!

Welcome to all the newcomers. You'll love it here!

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

<< Prev Page of 20 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version