Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Introduce Yourself (2007) (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Maria B.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 25 2007 at 10:37pm | IP Logged  

Hi Susan! I live in Fairfax, VA, my husband works in D.C. and we have a lot of friends there. Glad to have you here! Welcome!

Back to Top View Maria B.'s Profile Search for other posts by Maria B. Visit Maria B.'s Homepage

jugglingpaynes
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: May 28 2007 at 6:20pm | IP Logged  

Hello All,

My name is Cristina, I live in Westchester, NY. One of my Aussie blogger friends told me about Real Learning and encouraged me to join, so here I am! I've never done a forum before, so I hope I'm doing this right.
About me, mom of 3, two daughters ages 14 and 5, one son age 11. Home educator for nine years now, former party entertainer/face painter/circus arts instructor. I pretend to follow the classical form, but by the end of the school year we're unschooling. My interests include yoga, juggling, gardening, writing, and art. Lately I've also been blogging and chronicling our homeschooling life in comic strip form. Hard to explain, you can check it out at this link Comics, Coffee and Catches or this link, Home Spun Juggling which is the same, but sometimes different.

Cristina
Back to Top View jugglingpaynes's Profile Search for other posts by jugglingpaynes

simplemama
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 29 2007 at 9:54am | IP Logged  

I just want to say welcome to all the newbies, I am a newbie myself really. I hardly have time to post or reply but love reading all the intros.
Christina-I just want to say thank you so much for sharing your talent and thoughts! I had some much needed good laughing last night as I read through some of your comic stips-have you been spying on our family?? My mom's side of the family is in Mexico so I love the spanish parts of the comics too!    
I think I may make a comic strip of our life-it sure helps lighten it up. :)
Back to Top View simplemama's Profile Search for other posts by simplemama Visit simplemama's Homepage

jugglingpaynes
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: May 29 2007 at 3:28pm | IP Logged  

simplemama wrote:

Christina-I just want to say thank you so much for sharing your talent and thoughts! I had some much needed good laughing last night as I read through some of your comic stips-have you been spying on our family?? My mom's side of the family is in Mexico so I love the spanish parts of the comics too!    
I think I may make a comic strip of our life-it sure helps lighten it up. :)
Thanks for the nice welcome! I'm always glad to hear someone is enjoying my work!
Peace and Laughter,
Cristina
Back to Top View jugglingpaynes's Profile Search for other posts by jugglingpaynes

Alison
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 30 2007 at 2:03am | IP Logged  

Fabulous to see you here Cristina!

Blessings

Alison in Adelaide!
Back to Top View Alison's Profile Search for other posts by Alison Visit Alison's Homepage

BarbaraJ.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: May 30 2007 at 9:06am | IP Logged  

Hello all, I am a lurker, been meaning to introduce myself for a while! I am Barb, wife to John for 17+years, mom to 6 children ages 15-4. We have always homeschooled and live in a rural area of eastern Colorado. Look forward to particpating a bit more here.
Back to Top View BarbaraJ.'s Profile Search for other posts by BarbaraJ.

Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 30 2007 at 9:28am | IP Logged  

Welcome Barbara, and all the new members! Thank you for joining us!

Back to Top View Dawn's Profile Search for other posts by Dawn

KackyK
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 31 2007 at 1:20pm | IP Logged  

Hey there everyone!

My name is Kacky and I have been exploring around (nicer than saying lurking) around here and lots of others' blogs for some months now. I've been getting so many wonderful ideas (and my good friend Maryan is such the computer guru in my eyes & has inspired me!) I thought it was about time to jump in!

I live in Northern Virginia. We have 6 kiddos and 4 saints in heaven. We have bookends, dd, ds,ds,ds,ds, dd! They range from 12yrs - 2yrs. We've always homeschooled and it is definitely in our future all the way through high school. We have a lot of fun with 4H, sports and various activities with our parish homeschool group.

Personally, I'm a wannabe scrapbooker, I have a ton of supplies, and pictures to wallpaper Buckingham Palace, but by the end of the day...ugh, it doesn't happen. But that's my big goal on my summer-to-do list (besides cleaning out all the leaves at the bottom of the walkout stairs :-)to find that time and get it done.

My dh is a scientist by degree, but works in management now. He is my "free" guitar and piano lesson go-to guy, as well as being the coach for various kiddos' various teams during various seasons!

I'm excited to be an "official" member of the 4Real community.

-KackyK
Back to Top View KackyK's Profile Search for other posts by KackyK Visit KackyK's Homepage

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 31 2007 at 2:20pm | IP Logged  

Welcome to all of our newcomers! I am so glad you have joined the conversation!

Cristina, I love your comic strips! You are very talented.

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: May 31 2007 at 2:21pm | IP Logged  

Welcome, Kacky and Barbara.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 31 2007 at 4:02pm | IP Logged  

YAY Kacky I'm glad you finally made it (phew!!) -- and Kacky is my BTDT curriculum girl. If I have a question on any curriculum, I know who to ask!! (And I threw in the abbreviations Kacky just to stretch your abbreviation lingo) So welcome finally!

Back to Top View Maryan's Profile Search for other posts by Maryan

Kath
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: May 31 2007 at 8:35pm | IP Logged  

Hello all,

My name is Katherine and I am a wife and mom in Northern Virginia. I have one son, who is almost 2, and he keeps me on my toes! I was introduced to the board by a couple other lovely ladies here, and I've been learning a lot from all of you. I look forward to actually posting now.

Katherine
Back to Top View Kath's Profile Search for other posts by Kath

acystay
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 31 2007 at 10:38pm | IP Logged  

Hi all!

My name is Stacy. I've been lurking and exploring too and can I say you have a wonderful site of amazing information! I feel so at home at your forum :) I'm part of several local homeschooling groups including a Catholic one, but I feel I'm the only one who is more open to real life learning.

Dh is a computer geek and works for Cnet. We live in SoCal, but we're originally from Indiana and lived in Chicago area for 6 years. We've now been in Cali for 4 years! I was a former teacher for the Archidocese of Chicago---hence the reason I am choosing to hschool.

We have 3 little ones-Grace, 5, Dyson is 3, and Corbin is just 2.

glad to have found you!
Back to Top View acystay's Profile Search for other posts by acystay

snowbabiesmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 06 2007 at 10:06pm | IP Logged  

Hello, My name is Emily and I am mommy to 5 here and one little one in heaven. We have ages 10 thru 4 months. I grew up in the Methodist church and went through RCIA after we were married. We are going on 12 years this month! I have been homeschooling full time for 3 years and thoroughly enjoyed Elizabeth's book Real Learning! I jump onto this site and poke around...finally found a moment to write a hello. Feel free to visit my blog... http://Godscanvas.wordpress.com
Look forward to "chatting"
Blessings!
AMDG+
Back to Top View snowbabiesmom's Profile Search for other posts by snowbabiesmom Visit snowbabiesmom's Homepage

Syncletica
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 12 2007 at 11:05pm | IP Logged  

Hello,
My name is Holly, I live in Alberta, Canada, and I am the mother of 4 children and a fifth due in October. Their names and ages are:
Brianna - 6
Braydon - 4
Lenea - 2
Justus - 18 mos.

I have been married since July 2000.
I have been homeschooling the 'regular way' for a couple years now, but have found that it's too difficult with all my other responsibilities. I look forward to learning more about unschooling and to meeting others here.

eta: (question deleted and posted in another thread)

+In JMJ+
Back to Top View Syncletica's Profile Search for other posts by Syncletica Visit Syncletica's Homepage

pipandpuddy
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: June 14 2007 at 11:18pm | IP Logged  

Hello,

My name is Karen, and I live in Hawaii (Oahu). I have nine children (4-21). I have unschooled my older children (when they reached the high school level) and have taken a very relaxed approach during the elementary ages. I would like to fully unschool the younger ones and am looking for support/advice with this group. I have read many of your messages and am very much impressed by the joy in living exhibited by the ladies in this group. I have also been impressed by the courtesy, friendliness, and respect shown to everyone. It is so good to find a group of Catholics who don't believe that school at home is the only Catholic way to home educate. Pax et bonum. Karen
Back to Top View pipandpuddy's Profile Search for other posts by pipandpuddy

KC in TX
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 15 2007 at 7:41am | IP Logged  

Welcome, Karen!!!

We just spent two weeks on Oahu and it wasn't nearly enough.      It's such a beautiful place.

This forum is a wonderful place with lovely ladies. I'm glad you found us.

Michaela ('01)
Emma ('03)
Jordan ('05)
And, my 2 angels, Rose ('08) and Mark ('09)

The Cabbage Patch
Back to Top View KC in TX's Profile Search for other posts by KC in TX

unsinkable
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: June 15 2007 at 3:13pm | IP Logged  

Hi Everyone!

I want to say hello and introduce myself.

My name is Molly. My husband is John and we have 3 kids. We've been hsing for 6 years.

Our oldest is finishing 7th, middle finishing 6th and youngest finishing 3rd.

I am getting anxious about the approaching high school years.

I've read here for a long time and I am glad I finally joined!

unsinkable
Back to Top View unsinkable's Profile Search for other posts by unsinkable

Red Cardigan
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 16 2007 at 11:02pm | IP Logged  

Hi, everybody!

Call me Red. I've been lurking on this forum for a couple of months now and am truly impressed with the scope and depth of all the conversations, and the really nice people!

I homeschool my three girls and am always looking for great new ideas that will allow me to keep my sanity for another year or two.

Next school year the girls will be in 7th, 6th, and 4th grade--where has the time gone??

I'm looking forward to 'meeting' some of the great people who post here!
Back to Top View Red Cardigan's Profile Search for other posts by Red Cardigan

Leonie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 17 2007 at 12:15am | IP Logged  

Welcome new members!

<< Prev Page of 20 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version