Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Introduce Yourself (2007) (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
ann@home
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 27 2007 at 2:07am | IP Logged  

Hello all,
I've been soaking up the great information and ideas here for a few months and thought I better finally introduce myself.
This is my 2nd yr homeschooling and I have an 8 yr old son, 5 yr old daughter, and "terrible two" year old son (OK, he's an angel but in disguise I suppose ).
We are in WA now (and LOVE it) but will be moving back to Iowa (our home state) in the next 6-8mos for a job assignment.
I've really been bumping around these last 2 yrs trying to find our "groove" without much luck. My son is bright overall (aren't all our kids!) but struggles with reading. I really struggle myself if this is my fault somehow in how I taught him or if it's just where he's at.
Anyway, I find myself visiting this board more and more and realized that must be a clue and I should join in. I'm reading Elizabeth Foss's book right now and found some very profound comments that I think will change my path soon
Looking forward to chatting more!
Peace
Ann
Back to Top View ann@home's Profile Search for other posts by ann@home

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 27 2007 at 2:17am | IP Logged  

Hello and welcome Ann - I'm an Anne too - I love your online name!

This is a lovely place to learn and grow, in all ways.

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

Dawnie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 27 2007 at 11:35am | IP Logged  

Hey Emily!!!

Great to see you here!

Dawn

Dawnie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 27 2007 at 4:49pm | IP Logged  

Emily,

To add personal information to your profile, click on the settings button on the top right side of the forum. From there, you can edit your profile information.

I think you have to have a certain number of posts before you can add an avatar or a signature line...moderators, please correct me if I'm wrong!!

Everyone, please give Emily a warm welcome--she's one of my closest friends and my oldest daughter's godmother!

Dawn

shaunms
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: May 03 2007 at 9:01pm | IP Logged  

Hi, I'm Shaun.

I'm mom to Violet (8) and Victoria (almost 4) -- the girls have screen names, but mine's the real thing. I've been homeschooling my oldest for just over a year, and am looking forward to doing some homeschooling with my youngest soon too! I also work from home part time in publishing.

My oldest and I were baptised Easter 2002, and my youngest in 2003. My husband is a skeptic (born Catholic). So as a convert in a "mixed marriage" I often need a little extra boost to make faith a central focus of our family life and schooling.

In my "spare time" I like scrapbooking, reading, knitting (or at least reading about it), writing, blogging, cooking (or at least reading about it).

I think I'm one of those rare creatures on the Internet -- a Moderate Catholic! (Seems like too many people are eager to condemn their brothers and sisters in the faith these days.) I'm grateful to Our Mother, Mary, for bringing me to her Son and the Church--she was interceding for me before I was even baptised!

I have enjoyed some of the people I have "met" through blogging about homeschool, and I look forward to meeting and learning from more Catholic homeschoolers!

Back to Top View shaunms's Profile Search for other posts by shaunms

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: May 04 2007 at 12:55am | IP Logged  

Welcome, Shaun, and everyone else new!

You will love it here!

Blessings,

EmilyC
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 09 2007 at 8:14am | IP Logged  

Hello!!!

I'm new here, and very excited to join in. I've lurked for a while, and finally decided to jump in.

I'm Emily, mother to 3 children--a 7 (almost 8) year old dd, and 4 (almost 5) year old twin boys. We've always homeschooled, and I'm always looking for new ideas.

I look forward to getting to know everyone!
Back to Top View EmilyC's Profile Search for other posts by EmilyC Visit EmilyC's Homepage

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: May 09 2007 at 9:02am | IP Logged  

Welcome, Emily. Glad you are joining us.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 09 2007 at 9:11am | IP Logged  

Welcome Shaun and Emily -- we're a fun group and you'll get lots of help and advice around here....just jump on in!

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

mandamum
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: May 14 2007 at 12:31pm | IP Logged  

Hi, I'm Amanda, currently living outside DC--Suburban MD, I guess it's called. My two daughters are 4.5 and 15mo, so at the moment we're mostly unschooling preschool. When we were in the Boston area, we became homeschoolers when dd#1 turned 3 and wasn't in a preschool!

I've enjoyed reading and learning from a few of these forums, and from some of the blogs of people here. I wanted to join so I could be less anonymous, and perhaps even post!

Thanks for allowing me to join your conversations here.

--Amanda
Back to Top View mandamum's Profile Search for other posts by mandamum

Leonie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 14 2007 at 5:39pm | IP Logged  

Welcome Amanda and all new members!

Enjoy the boards...

MelissaClaire
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 16 2007 at 2:16pm | IP Logged  

Hello! I'm Melissa. I have a 5 yr old daughter, 3.5 year old son, a 22 month old son and we're expecting again in January.

We live in NoVa. My sister (seven2hold) posts here.

In addition to hanging out at home with the kids I'm a newborn photographer (can't wait to have my own to photograph and play with again) and I do design work.

I started coming here trying to find ideas on celebrating feast days throughout the year with little people, and have been learning so much more than that!

Look forward to learning more!

Melissa
Back to Top View MelissaClaire's Profile Search for other posts by MelissaClaire

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 16 2007 at 6:24pm | IP Logged  

Hey Melissa! Great to see you here!

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I am expecting again in December.

Are you planning on homeschooling? This is a great place to start.

I have plugged your business a number of times here. I can't wait to pick out more announcements in December!

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

alicegunther
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 16 2007 at 6:37pm | IP Logged  

Welcome all new members--especially the very talented Melissa (who designed our Christmas cards and the Thank Yous for Marie's Communion!) It is such a pleasure to "see" you here!

Cottage Blessings
Brew yourself a cup of tea, and come for a visit!
Back to Top View alicegunther's Profile Search for other posts by alicegunther Visit alicegunther's Homepage

MelissaClaire
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 16 2007 at 7:09pm | IP Logged  

Thanks Molly. Congratulations to you too! You're so good to pass my name along. With Keith's discount through the diocese we're going to send Rebecca to K, but just half days. I've been "homeschooling" the kids up to this point--and it's been lots of fun--so I'm always looking for more ideas.

And Alice you are the sweetest! (I hope you got the thank you cards!)
Back to Top View MelissaClaire's Profile Search for other posts by MelissaClaire

mamalove
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 17 2007 at 6:58pm | IP Logged  

Hello, im stacia, i have 3 children ages 9, 7, and 2. hoping that God will bless us with more through birth or adoption soon. we homeschool and live in the country. i am espically intrested in the homeschooling boards here.
Back to Top View mamalove's Profile Search for other posts by mamalove

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 17 2007 at 7:00pm | IP Logged  

Welcome Stacia! I have a 17 yos, 15 yod, 8 yos, 7 yod, and a 4yos .... the oldest is getting ready to start college in the Summer semester and the youngest keeps me hopping!

welcome to these boards -- jump right in and have a blast

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

Theresa H
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 19 2007 at 9:06pm | IP Logged  

Hello, I'm Theresa from Northern Oklahoma. This is my first post. My husband of nearly 15 years and I have 4 children, 13yos, 10yos, 7yos, and 16 month old daughter. We have only been homeschooling for 2 years. I have really enjoyed reading on the different threads, but just had not gotten on to post anything until now. (Hope I'm doing this right??) Looking forward to "meeting" you'all online. God Bless.
Back to Top View Theresa H's Profile Search for other posts by Theresa H

Fe2h2o
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: May 20 2007 at 2:50am | IP Logged  

Hi! I figured it was about time I introduced myself here! I joined up some time ago (a couple of months after it started?) after seeing it posted on the CCM list. I don't think I ever posted an intro there, because when I joined up, we were still pre-children. Now though, I'm actually starting to read the forums somewhat regularly—and am occasionally having the urge to reply:-) I'm also reading the blogs of some regulars here, and in an effort to appear less 'stalkerish', I thought I really should actually get around to introducing myself!

I live in Western Australia and am Mama to Puggle (3) and Bilby (7 months), and wife to Paddington (needless to say, they are nom-de-blogs:-) ). I have been planning to homeschool since well before I had kids, fortunately dh agrees with me:-) We've just 'started' this year, basically that means I have a reading list to share with Puggle, and I'm doing some craft.

CM was my first real homeschooling 'interest', and that was why I started reading the CCM list. I kept reading it because of the wonderfully thoughtful ideas I found there. Now, I'm finally reading the forums (took me some time to learn the knack!) and am finding the same here:-)

I still lean towards CM, with Classical touches—but I have yet to see what will actually work with Puggle and Bilby:-) I am also keen on some elements of Montessori. So, yet another 'eclectic homeschooler':-)

It's been lovely getting to know you all through your posts, and I look forward to continuing to do so:-)

Fe
Back to Top View Fe2h2o's Profile Search for other posts by Fe2h2o Visit Fe2h2o's Homepage

Carole N.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 20 2007 at 2:15pm | IP Logged  

Theresa and Fe:
Welcome to the boards! You are going to love it here. Theresa, I am glad to see that you have stopped lurking! See you Monday at the Track and Field Day.

<< Prev Page of 20 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version