Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Introduce Yourself (2007) (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
administrator
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 01 2007 at 12:00am | IP Logged  

2007 Member Introductions
Back to Top View administrator's Profile Search for other posts by administrator

Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 02 2007 at 4:12pm | IP Logged  

Hi I am Maryan, mother of four boys: John Paul (5), Bobby (3), Michael (almost 2) and Luke (3 mos.) and husband to the most fun Dad of boys ever. I've been reading the forums for 6 months through links from my friend Jenn's blogsite. Although I taught for ten years, it was to ms/hs students. Now I'm beginning kindergarten with my firstborn and learning all the basics myself!! We follow Mother of Divine Grace curriculum and try to do some of the ideas that we read on this forum and Jenn's!! Although with four little boys - it's often the bare minimum. I really appreciate all the ideas and suggestions everyone has given. It's been a great aid in getting me started!
Back to Top View Maryan's Profile Search for other posts by Maryan

benedicta
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 06 2007 at 10:38am | IP Logged  

I am Renee Francoise Zakia, a homeschooling mother of 5 who lives in North Carolina. I am a lifelong Catholic, as are my DH and my children (4 DS and 2 DD).

My interests include: reading, foreign languages, history, literature, math, cooking, gardening, the Middle East (my family is from Lebanon), etc.

I am very glad to join you all here!
Back to Top View benedicta's Profile Search for other posts by benedicta

Theresa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 06 2007 at 6:12pm | IP Logged  

Thought I better stop in and introduce myself.

My name is Theresa and I live in MN with my husband of 13 years and our 4 children. We have been homeschooling for 3 years now.

I have enjoyed looking through the posts here and look forward to becoming better acquainted.

Blessings,
Theresa
Back to Top View Theresa's Profile Search for other posts by Theresa Visit Theresa's Homepage

lamamaloca
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Jan 07 2007 at 12:27pm | IP Logged  

I figured that I'd better introduce myself, since I already posted a response in a thread. I'm Becky, mom to Paolo (4 1/2), Roger 2 1/2 and Rosemarie 6 months. I would say that we've been homeschooling since birth, but as Pauly approaches the traditional school entry age we're trying to better sort out our educational philosophy and start having a bit more direction.

I've already enjoyed reading quite a bit just from lurking, it really looks like there is a good mix of homeschooling styles here!
Back to Top View lamamaloca's Profile Search for other posts by lamamaloca

Sandyone
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Jan 12 2007 at 11:40am | IP Logged  

Hello, Everybody. My online persona is Sandy/Sandyone, but my real name is C arr ie. Forgive my paranoia, as I try to put as little information out in cyberspace as possible. This forum seems to be drawing me out, though.

We're a Catholic, military, homeschooling family currently stationed in Florida. Our kids are 12 and 10 year old boys and 7, 5 and 2 year old girls. A cashier once told me how clever I was for having my children in that order!

We have been unschooling, but I'm drawn to Charlotte Mason and I love the Catholic application of it. We are having a difficult time shifting gears from the "anything goes" style of unschooling, but my dear friend keeps reminding me that anything we do is heading us in the right direction. Me? I just wanna be like Elizabeth and the rest of you right away!!!

I'm looking forward to lots of learning from you guys (yes, I'm originally from New Jersey, where most of us say 'you guys' and only a few of us say 'youse guys'). Thank you for taking the time to post on these boards.
Back to Top View Sandyone's Profile Search for other posts by Sandyone

gracie4309
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 12 2007 at 8:44pm | IP Logged  

I'm Grace, wife of Jim and Mom to Nick (16), Mary(13), Sam(8), Paul(5), and Patrick(5). We hail from northern Indiana. We've been homeschooling for two and a half years now, but this is the first year that all of our children are home. Three years ago, I bought Real Learning and fell in love with the Catholic Charlotte Mason methods that Elizabeth wrote about. Unfortunately, I gradually got away from it as I tried other methods (probably out of fear of not enough accountability for myself and the kids. In short, the highly structured Classical methods we have used are not working for us. I'm excited to be here, and hope to find support and good ways to implement this lifestyle.
Grace
Back to Top View gracie4309's Profile Search for other posts by gracie4309 Visit gracie4309's Homepage

WaywardChildren
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Jan 14 2007 at 7:58am | IP Logged  

I'm Kimberly. My husband, Scott, and I have 3 children. Our 7yos has LD type special needs, our 9yod has medical special needs, and our 13yod has special needs because of the stress of the other 2! (And being 13) .

I have been homeschooling for 7 years. My oldest and youngest have both been traumatized by public school kindergarten. My style of parenting did not transition well into the classroom. My middle daughter went to school for 2 months and ended up in the hospital with 2 pneumonias. Needless to say, she is no longer in school. She is now "homebound". Her public school teacher comes to the house to teach her and we work together on her education. Each one has profoundly different learning styles, but because of our eventful lifestyle we seem to live on rabbit trails. New learning opportunities constantly present themselves, either by our curiosity or by necessity.

Every time our path seems to even out, God leads us down another path or places an obstacle that must be overcome. Each time, our faith grows, we learn, and we are more prepared for the next leg of the journey.

Paz,

Kimberly
Back to Top View WaywardChildren's Profile Search for other posts by WaywardChildren

felicity
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Jan 16 2007 at 12:22am | IP Logged  

Hi, I'm Felicity from California. I've been homeschooling for now, well, about two weeks. I've been lurking on this forum for a month now and just reading gave me the courage to actually pull my 6-yo our of school, instead of just want to. Oh yeah, I have two boys Harry is 6 & Sam is 4 and one little girl, Annika, who's 1.
My 4 yo is in speech therapy so we kind of work around his schedule, which isn't too hard when "school" only takes an hour or maybetwo if we are really into something.

Thanks.

Felicity
and H, S, & A
Back to Top View felicity's Profile Search for other posts by felicity

juststartn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 18 2007 at 9:07am | IP Logged  

Hi! I'm Rachel--another newbie here...

We've been hsing since last year...my three dds are 6.5, 4.5, and 2.5, and dc #4 is due in mid June (the dds are going to be 7,5, and 3 at that point). DH is in the Army, and we've been married for almost 12 yrs now. I'm really thrilled to find this board, cause I've actually been looking for something like this (Catholic, hsing, family oriented) off and on for a while now...

I actually found this board thru a google search for flannel slips, of all things...one of the results was a thread here...lol.

Rachel

Back to Top View juststartn's Profile Search for other posts by juststartn

RenB
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 19 2007 at 9:35am | IP Logged  

Hello to all my friends from cyber days gone by, those I cherish after meeting on other email loops and forums from the past.

My name is Renee B., previously from B.C., now living in Ontario after my husband was transferred here Nov/06. It's been quite a change, and very sad to leave behind loved ones for this new journey we are on. Ever optimistic though, we have been presented a wonderful "homeschool" thrill to see the rest of the country, and the eastern USA. I love the Cape Cod thread as my sister lives there and we were finally able to get there this year too. Between Michigan, New York, Quebec and the rest of Ontario, I've been nicknamed Mama Explorer by my children, as they often give a deep groan when I get into my need for a travel fix in the new van we purchased when arriving here.

I am a Catholic homeschooling mother for a long, long while now (wink), mama to eight children, 30,27,25,21,15,14,9,7, the older three are married, one will marry this summer (planning a western wedding from the east is so fun...smile), and we have been absolutely delighted with our initiation into the "Grandparent club", having six grandbabes (so far...love it!) ages; 7 (six months younger than our youngest. My daughter and I were expecting at the same time!), 6,5,4,3,1, four girls and two boys.

Back with these tykes were the good old FIAR days from being a member on the early boards before they split them all up. Ahhhh those were the days, along with the ever loving use of Charlotte Mason in our home, being into the Montessori world with Julia Fogassy and Moira her daughter, witnessing our baby's baptisms side by side with highschool graduations, preparing children for their weddings, my own continued motherhood in between (God had a sense of humor with us with such a huge spread of children's births, but heh, God is good for sending them all to us!!!), and then grandbabies baptisms too. I just love all these reasons to celebrate, it keeps me young! Actually, what am I talking about, I am young! hehehe

I've been meaning to get into this forum for a very long time, became one of "those" lurkers for all too long, love perusing the many blogs resulting from this forum, and hope I am able to actually offer something useful over here on the various topics presented.

Thanks for encouraging me over here everyone. I know you all almost gave up on me, but heh, better late than ever.

Hugs to all;
Renee
And, I have no idea yet how to get a signature here...laugh.
Back to Top View RenB's Profile Search for other posts by RenB Visit RenB's Homepage

theogles
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Jan 24 2007 at 6:12pm | IP Logged  

Hello All!

I am new here. Haven't done a forum before so I don't really even know if I'm doing this correctly but here goes...Our family began our hs adventure in August 2006. Having been a school teacher and a school psychologist I began very much along the lines of school at home. Lots of workbooks. I gradually eased into some classical education and now am delving into Charlotte Mason, "real learning," and lapbooks/scrapbooks. I have a 12yod, a 9yod, a 6yos, and a 3yod. Dh and I have been married for 16.5 years now. It was really his idea for us to hs and I am so very thankful that God has brought us to this path. I learn so very much every day...and oh yea, my dc having been learning a few things too

We currently live in Texas (DFW area). I enjoy goofing around on the computer. I would like to be able to enjoy knitting, cross-stitch, reading, quilting, photography, scrapbooking, watching football and dozens of other things but I am on a quest right now to lose weight so all of my other hobbies are on hold for the time being Any spare minutes I have right now are reserved for walking and researching hs info on the internet.

Thank you so much for having me on board!
Therese
Back to Top View theogles's Profile Search for other posts by theogles

HeatherNY
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Jan 27 2007 at 5:18pm | IP Logged  

My name is Heather. I am relatively new to the 4RealLearning Forums. I've mostly been lurking although I read many of the Real Learning blogs (as much as time permits. ) I have four children (9th, 5th, 1st and 2 year old). I have known about Charlotte Mason for years but am fairly new to the Real Learning way of life. I'm loving it. I am looking forward to learning from all of you and in turn sharing what 8 years of home teaching has taught me.
Blessings,
Heather
My blog is Doodle Acres. I hope you'll check it out if you get a chance.

Back to Top View HeatherNY's Profile Search for other posts by HeatherNY Visit HeatherNY's Homepage

ElizLeone
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 27 2007 at 10:40pm | IP Logged  

Hello. I am a south-central Wisconsin homeschooling mom to five little ones, age 10 down to 11 months. I've been enjoying the 4real boards for some time, but mostly lurking. There is some amazing advice and some great chat going on here! I can't tell you how many great ideas I've gleaned from you ladies...
Back to Top View ElizLeone's Profile Search for other posts by ElizLeone Visit ElizLeone's Homepage

Tifflynene
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Jan 29 2007 at 12:13am | IP Logged  

Hello my name is Tiffany (Age 40) and I am from Oakdale, California (Approx. 2 hours East of San Fran.) I am married to dear Rod (almost 40) and Mom to Hank (age 13); Wesley (age 7); Grace (age 4); Luke (age 2); and one sweet baby in heaven.

We are in the midst of our 3rd year of homeschooling and it is a journey of faith and discovery.

I look forward to getting to know you all...

God Bless you and your precious families! Tiffany

Back to Top View Tifflynene's Profile Search for other posts by Tifflynene

Jennifer Evans
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Jan 29 2007 at 1:19pm | IP Logged  

My name is Jennifer and I live in Northern California in the city of Mountain House. It is an hour away from Sac., San Jose, San. Fran. My children are Joseph(10),Anne Marie(almost 9), Matthew(almost 7) and Christina(4).

I read my first homeschooling book when I was pregnant with my oldest and felt that God was leading us in that direction.

I met some of the ladies from this group last summer at the West Coast Camping trip. They shared with me about this wonderful group! I enjoy these forums so much! You ladies are very inspiring..

God's Blessings to you!        Jennifer
Back to Top View Jennifer Evans's Profile Search for other posts by Jennifer Evans

Sara Sullivan
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Jan 30 2007 at 3:18pm | IP Logged  

JMJ...I am Sara and the wife of Jerry and mother of three. We live in Roswell, Georgia. I am new at homeschooling and new to message boards and trying to learn new computer skills. I will try to get a picture posted. I am a convert to Catholicism and so in love with the faith. Please pray for our homeschooling adventure!
Back to Top View Sara Sullivan's Profile Search for other posts by Sara Sullivan

knowloveserve
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 31 2007 at 11:15pm | IP Logged  

Hello,

I'm Ellie, wife to a US Navy Seabee, and mama to three boys, Xavier (4), Leo(2) and Dominic(4m). We live on Whidbey Island in Washington.

I'm trying to learn as much as I can about different home schooling philosophies. I teach a couple history classes with MODG so I have a classical bent to me. But after reading "Real Education", I found myself most drawn toward these ideas more than anything else.

I also write for a blog on Catholic mothering at: http://www.coffeeanddiapers.com

I look forward to sharing ideas and getting encouragement here!

Debbie
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Feb 02 2007 at 8:04pm | IP Logged  

Hello! My name is Debbie and I am a homeschooling mom of 4 daughters ages 16, 8, 6 and 3. We are in our 9th year of homeschooling and will be graduating our oldest next year! My dh and I have been married for 26 wonderful years. I have been reading the 4real boards for a while and decided to join the fun! Especially when I saw the 40 and over thread! It will be wonderful to 'talk' to other moms who are over 40 and still have little ones!

Blessings!
Debbie
Wife to Bill, Mom to Anna, Abigail, Alexis and Aubrey and 2 in God's care
Back to Top View Debbie's Profile Search for other posts by Debbie

CatholicMommy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 08 2007 at 7:23am | IP Logged  

Hi! I'm Jessica Welsh - mother to a beautiful just about 3 year old son. It is just me and my son, not by my own choice, except for the choice to accept God's answer to my questioning/pleaing prayers, whatever that answer might be.

I am not entirely sure what God is calling me to do with my life, though homeschooling will definitely be part of it. I run a family day care in my home so I can be home with my son and provide a Catholic Montessori environment for other children.

We currently live in Michigan, but are planning a move to St. Paul, Minnesota in August so I can be in the Montessori training out there, correlating with a Master's degree - the thought being that there will be *less* issue homeschooling if I have a Master's degree in education, or if the Lord so calls me to open a Catholic Montessori school, I can do so. I am also in Level II training for Catechesis of the Good Shepherd. I have enjoyed the last two years of setting up an atrium at my current parish, and hope to either be involved in another one in St. Paul, set up another one, or have one at home (to which we would invite other children).

So, I am here to share whatever insight I can, and definitely to glean ideas from others!

God Bless!

Back to Top View CatholicMommy's Profile Search for other posts by CatholicMommy Visit CatholicMommy's Homepage

Page of 20 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version