Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Introduce Yourself (2006) (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
administrator
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 01 2006 at 12:00am | IP Logged  

2006 Member Introductions
Back to Top View administrator's Profile Search for other posts by administrator

akorn
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Jan 03 2006 at 3:34pm | IP Logged  

Hi! I'm Anna. I have been visiting this post using my husband's lap top for about a year waiting patiently to become a computer owner to be able to join this lovely forum. We finally were blessed over Christmas! Yea!
I homeschool two children dd 9yrs & ds 8yrs. We are very inspired by C. Mason, unschooling and other various directions. Personal support is where I lack. No one homeschools but one other family in our parish so it's a bit lonely. My hobbies I love the most are reading and sewing my own designs.
Anna
Back to Top View akorn's Profile Search for other posts by akorn

JoyF
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Jan 18 2006 at 3:45pm | IP Logged  

Hello,
My name is Joy and I am from Indianapolis. My husband Rich and I have three boys; Richard 12, Nathan 6, and Patrick 3. Richard is homeschooled, and Nathan (who has Autism) attends a local Montessori school at this time. I love reading Russian literature (Dr Zhivago's my favorite) and trying to cook dishes from "Catholic" cookbooks that celebrate the Liturgical year. Most inevitably do not turn out like the picture or the description.
Back to Top View JoyF's Profile Search for other posts by JoyF

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 18 2006 at 7:08pm | IP Logged  

Hello,
I am Theresa and I live in the beautiful mountains of western North Carolina, along with my husband and 3 kids, aged 4, 10 and 16. I also have 2 kids grown and 2 grandkids that keep me busy.
I have been homeschooling off and on for several years in between stints as a classroom teacher. I am happy to say that this time I am home for good!
We use a pretty unique eclectic blend of materials and approaches to accomplish our learning lifestyle, and have loads of fun doing it.
I have been a reader of this board for about a year and a member for awhile. I've gotten so many fabulous ideas from the forum, but never got around to posting before. I hope that I will be a positive contributing member.
My blog is at: lapazfarmhomelearning.blogspot.com and I'd love to have some of you visit me there.

Theresa

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

SuzC
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 21 2006 at 4:41pm | IP Logged  

I realized when I posted the other day and that little number 1 appeared next to "posts" that I had never properly introduced myself. I am blessed to be homeschooling my dd9, dd6, ds4, ds2 and ds4 months. I have been further blessed by so many of you and all that share about our wonderful faith adn the joy of homeschooling. The many things I have learned from you have brought so much depth and beauty into our home.

Blessings,
Suzannah in TX
Back to Top View SuzC's Profile Search for other posts by SuzC

anneleisa
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Jan 21 2006 at 8:54pm | IP Logged  

Hi! I have been reading this forum for awhile now and finally got around to signing up! I have a dd9.5, dd7, ds4, and ds20 months, and a dh of almost 14 years. I read Elizabeth's book over a year ago, and was so blessed by it, I have recommended it to so many people to share the wealth...Also, I have already gotten so many ideas from the posts on this board, you women are amazing--now maybe I will ask you all specific questions    ...
God Bless you all!
anneleisa
Back to Top View anneleisa's Profile Search for other posts by anneleisa

Gretl
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Jan 26 2006 at 11:09pm | IP Logged  

Hello! Boy, am I a newbie! First post here, first post anywhere. I'm a 38-year-old convert and mother of the Fabulous Giancarlo--2 years old next week! My husband Joe and I married on the late side, so we're praying that the F.G. won't be an only child too much longer.

I'm seriously contemplating homeschooling, and love what I've seen of the 4Real philosophy. I've got a lot to learn before I start chiming in much, so pardon me if I sit back and read for a while. Meanwhile, Joe is contemplating me contemplating homeschooling, so I hope he'll be reading over my shoulder from time to time, because there seems to be a great deal of collective wisdom at this forum. I'm so grateful to have found you!
Back to Top View Gretl's Profile Search for other posts by Gretl

Loren
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 31 2006 at 9:01pm | IP Logged  

HimynameisLorenandI'maCatholichomeschoolmom.

Oh, wait. That's nothing to be ashamed of. I should shout it from the rooftops instead of mumbling into my socks.

Hi! My name is Loren and I am a Catholic homeshool mom!

I have been married to my dh for almost 14 years, now. Our sons are currently 12, 10, 8, and 6. We have been homeschooling for three years.

I was introduced to this site from the message boards at Five in a Row. Now I look forward to getting to know all of you and discussing homeschooling with a decidedly Catholic flavor.
Back to Top View Loren's Profile Search for other posts by Loren

Diane
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 01 2006 at 11:06am | IP Logged  

Bonjour from Belgium!

I have been soaking up the wisdom on this board for a year now and on the CCM list for several years before that. I often refer to you as my friends when I share one of your pearls of insight with my family, much like I would do with a favorite character from a book. But I always do so with a twinge of guilt, knowing that you are not characters but real people who could know and love me if only I would share myself with you. So....I've finally resolved to take a leap and offer whatever meager crumbs I have.

I am the mother of six beautiful kids, aged 2-almost 13, and we have home schooled from the start. We moved to Brussels 18 mos ago--- we’re now halfway through our stay here. While I’m thankful for the experiences of living and traveling in Europe, I deeply miss the Catholic hs support we had in northern Virginia. (Please say hello to everyone for me, Irene!) We do have a small hs group here, but we are the only Catholic family.

This has made me even more appreciative of the encouragement and ideas I find on this board. You are amazing witnesses of motherhood and being faithful to the Lord’s call. Thank you so much for being willing to share your journeys here---you will never know how much it has meant to me.

The Journey of a Mother's Heart
Back to Top View Diane's Profile Search for other posts by Diane Visit Diane's Homepage

Maddie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 01 2006 at 9:38pm | IP Logged  

Hello all,
I have homeschooled my children (7) from the beginning. I have so enjoyed reading the posts here and have found many great resources and ideas to implement. I have to admit, the first week I discovered this forum I spent many a late night reading forum after forum . It did my heart so much good to know that other families out there are having the same experiences as we are! I live in a county where there is only 1 other Catholic homeschooling family, it gets lonely! Thanks to all the moderators and theNetSmith for providing this bulletin board. What a God-send in the age we live in!

karenmarie
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Feb 03 2006 at 4:47am | IP Logged  

Hi everyone!!

I am so excited to find this forum!! I started doing some CM a few years ago with my oldest son. I had no idea there was a CAtholic CM forum! My oldest son is now 17 and I am sad about being done homeschooling him. I started homeschooling my oldest son after 4th grade, but only found CM a few yrs ago. i did nature study, copywork, narration with him. I now have a 20 mos old son and i plan on homeschooling him with CM but he is a bit young for reading yet, so i am kinda in limbo a bit...lol. I am excited about getting to start from the beginning with homeschooling and with CM. (My oldest was in public school till 4th grade then did Christian liberty academy a few years before i found CM). There are still alot of living books i want to purchase, though i do have a decent collection at this point. But i dont have the books for the younger years that i need. So even though the little one isnt ready yet..I AM!! lol and i want to figure stuff out. My older one already knew how to read by the time i started homeschooling. I am excited to have this message board to get some feedback. And for it to be Catholic to top it off..woo hoo! how exciting. ok..i am rambling..im tired and need to go to bed.
A little about me. I am 36 yrs old, live in Illinois, my hubby is a computer programmer. I have a 17 yr old and a 20 mos old. nice to meet you all!
karenmarie
Back to Top View karenmarie's Profile Search for other posts by karenmarie

Lisbet
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 07 2006 at 7:20am | IP Logged  

Hi! I've been browsing around here for weeks now, and I thought I would try to jump in a bit. I've got tons of questions floating around in my head!!

My name is Lisa, and I have been homeschooling my children from the begining. I currrently have a 5th, 3rd, 1st and K'er. (not to mention all the littles, and the tiny I'm carrying! ) I'm combining alot with my 1st and K'er, they are only 16 months apart in age.

I use mostly CHC materials, always have. I've fallen short in the hands on project area, which initally I really wanted to delve into. The babies started coming so fast and furious (Thanks be to God!!) I sort of went into "auto piliot" mode with the lessons. I'm looking to really pull out of that slump, and get everyone excited about learning again.

I've read Elizabeths book MANY MANY times, and it's been circulated through our homeschool group quite a few times too, very inspirational!!

I look forward to learning much here!!

Abby, 15
Gabe, 13
Isaac, 11
Mary, 10
Sam, 9
Henry, 7
Molly, 6
Mark, 5
Greta, 3
Cecilia born 10.29.10
Josephine born 6.11.12
Back to Top View Lisbet's Profile Search for other posts by Lisbet

NYCitymom
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Feb 07 2006 at 10:40am | IP Logged  

Hi, I'm Angelina with dh and 3 kids: dd12, dd9, and ds4. We live in Queens, NY. Dd9 has been homeschooled since January 31, 2005 due to complete indifference to learning at school (full-time gifted program). We are unschoolers and I can't say enough good things about it. She is regaining a love of learning (slowly) and has become so self-motivated and enthusiastic about life!

Dd12 and ds4 both go to public school where they are thriving and enjoying it so far. They both know they have the option to homeschool as well - but it's their choice.

Our days are spent with websites (dd created her own website and blog, learned HTML, and loves online games and educational quizzes on every subject), documentaries, trips, errands, workbooks (dd loves them, go figure), reading together, homeschool group events, lots of arts and crafts, science experiments, cooking, journalling, nature walks, and tons of dance. Dd is on a competitive team where she spends up to 15 hrs a week practicing (tap, jazz, lyrical, modern) and goes to a couple of competitions each month - and a yearly National in a different state. So we definitely keep busy!

This looks like a nice group and I'm so happy to join you!

http://homeschoolinginnewyorkcity.blogspot.com/
Back to Top View NYCitymom's Profile Search for other posts by NYCitymom Visit NYCitymom's Homepage

MichelleM
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 13 2006 at 12:29am | IP Logged  

Hi,
I'm Michelle from Colorado. It's been a long while since I've posted on this group or should I say the old YahooGroup. I re-found you ladies after spending an afternoon registering my oldest children for public school for next fall "just in case" as my dh says. We have five children, three girls and two boys, ages 8, 6, 4, 2, and 5 months. We have been homeschooling our children since each one was concieved. I want to thank you beautiful women for having reaffirmed through this group that Real Learning is what we are doing in all the chaos of dirty diapers, dirty laundry and dirty dishes and Real Learning is what we will continue to do at home as a family next year. I can't wait to call the school & withdraw them! It is so refreshing and such an encouragement to know that there are so many other families on a similar journey as ours! BTW-I LOVE this format.

Our nature blog: All of Creation
Back to Top View MichelleM's Profile Search for other posts by MichelleM

marihalojen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 13 2006 at 5:24pm | IP Logged  

Hello!
I am so glad to have found this forum!
My name is Jennifer, I live on our sailboat with my dh and dd, aged 11. I was homeschooled a bit when I was a child (very traditional, OLRS) and am thrilled to have the opportunity to school with my daughter - and it is definitely with her! I sometimes wonder who is learning more! We had been moving toward a CM education for awhile (lots of living books, nature studies) when a friend from Aruba recommended several websites on Charlotte Mason. (Thank you, Carolyn!) I find this site very inspiring and am pleased to come aboard!

SSR = Sailing, Snorkling, Reading
Back to Top View marihalojen's Profile Search for other posts by marihalojen Visit marihalojen's Homepage

marianne
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Feb 22 2006 at 4:22pm | IP Logged  

Just joining in and wanted to introduce myself. I am Marianne, dh is Dan, and my kids are listed in my signature! I've read Elizabeth's book and love it. I'm a convert (5 years ago) and am still trying to figure out how to incorporate our Catholic faith into daily life and homeschooling.

I'm also active on Sonlight's forums, and we've used SL all along, but with other things thrown in. I'm looking into using more CHC, but can't relax enough to make a full switch. My older three play Suzuki vioin, and I teach cello lessons - my first post happens to be related to that.

Thanks for letting me be a part of this group. I've already learned a lot from lurking.

marcie
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 02 2006 at 1:46pm | IP Logged  

hello to everyone!
My name is Marcie and I live in New Iberia, Louisiana.
I have been married to the same man for 30 years in May. We have 4 children. 3 are grown and I have just begun homeschooling my 9 year old son. My oldest son lives in Pensacola and I have a daughter who is married and has a 2 year old daughter. My other daughter is currently in college and she will graduate in May. Then she is off to grad. school in Mobile to become an occupational therapist. Matthew is our surprise from God.
I have just found this forum so I have not done any real lurking. I have been using CHC for our lessons and have enjoyed them. But I am really interested in the more unschooling approach or classical curriculum.
Matthew has difficulty in reading comprehension so I have put aside the reading from CHC because I have found it to be too difficult for him.
Anyway..........I am thoroughly loving homeschooling and he seems to be doing well.
I enjoy sewing and smocking for my granddaughter.
I am trying to get back into the reading frame of mind.
I used to read alot more than I do now.
I am retired from nursing after working 28 years in the pediatric field.
Well............gotta get started with my lurking and learning!

marcie~
Back to Top View marcie's Profile Search for other posts by marcie

Jerin's Zoo
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: March 03 2006 at 11:28am | IP Logged  

Hi, my name is Jerin. I have 4 children, and have been homeschooling (well, calling it homeschooling) for about 4 years. We use a mix of things, some classical, some CM, some Sonlight, some Montessori, some whtever works. They tend to be faster than usual learners, but with very typical in interests for their ages, so anything too packaged ends up not fitting at some level.

I'm originally from New Orleans, but raised a Navy Brat. I met my dh at Catholic University, and we've lived in Denver, Seattle and now Salt Lake City. I'm a cradle Catholic and a deacon's kid.

I'd love to get back to sewing and reading more for myself, but with a toddler around, it's not happening just yet. I do a lot of genealogy and work in high school youth and college student ministry in our parish.

Life at the Zoo
Back to Top View Jerin's Zoo's Profile Search for other posts by Jerin's Zoo

Cici
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 03 2006 at 1:42pm | IP Logged  

Hi. I'm a former lurker and Catholic convert - Christine. I have a 4 yo dd and a 18 mo/old ds. I'm here contemplating homeschooling, and how to convince my husband it's a good idea. My dd is a bit precocious and through her recent claims of boredom I have realized it's time to pick up the pace here a little (phonics and nature studies to start). I've just ordered Real Learning and am hoping that the book, combined with MacBeth's Opinion and the deep well of wisdom on these boards will guide me in the guidance of my children.

Nap time is over, ds is calling and we're off to put a bird feeder in our garden...

stellar9
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: March 03 2006 at 4:32pm | IP Logged  

Hi, I'm Micki. I live in CA with my family. I have homeschooled from the start, but the last several years have been a real struggle. We've been mostly unschooling lately because its all I have the energy for. Now that my brain is no longer preggo-mushy, I'm looking forward to interacting with other homeschoolers online.

Micki
Back to Top View stellar9's Profile Search for other posts by stellar9

Page of 8 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version