Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: I'm Maryan and you are? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 05 2008 at 6:55am | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

donna wrote:
3.The first time I skied, I didn't see the need for lessons. I rode the lift to the top, jumped off and started down the hill not knowing how to stop. I skied across a ditch and into the parking lot hitting a car.   People came running from all directions to see if I survived!

Oh goodness! I don't know whether to laugh or cry!

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

KristinaP
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 05 2008 at 7:07am | IP Logged Quote KristinaP

donna wrote:
1.My husband, Keven, and I met when we were seven years old in second grade. He loves telling the story of the day I joined the class in mid-February after my father’s relocation, and recalls every detail of the dress I was wearing. He says it was love at first sight.

3.The first time I skied, I didn’t see the need for lessons. I rode the lift to the top, jumped off and started down the hill not knowing how to stop. I skied across a ditch and into the parking lot hitting a car.   People came running from all directions to see if I survived!

This is SOOO CUTE!!! That's just amazing!

And for the skiing, I did the exact same thing!!! Although, I didn't crash into a car, I crashed into the line of people waiting for the lift! I distinctly remember ducking under the yellow tape that roped off the big hole!

And Janet, I'm relieved to hear I'm not the only daredevil around!

Five things here...

1. I'm an Air Force brat-my dad flew B-52's. Warner Robins,GA was my favorite place to live growing up..until we moved to NOVA.

2. I went to the University of Dallas and absolutely love Dallas but my husband won't consider moving there b/c its too hot. :-(

3. My husband is from Peru-he moved here when he was 22 yrs old, worked menial jobs to put his sister through college before starting himself and finishing up on a full tuition soccer scholarship after we were married. Whew, was that a run-on sentence??

4. I LOVE Dirtbiking and mtn biking!!! but had to sell my dirtbike last year when I found out I was pregnant.

5. I went to high school with Mary Ann's husband and used to hang out and play basketball afterschool :-) but met Mary Ann via my friend/roommate before i got married.

I've also known Jenn for a long time, too via the Seton connection. :-)

I can't believe its taken me two days to read this thread but what a blast!!

Oh yeah, and after reading of these posts, I forgot who it was that played Ultimate Frisbee but that's got to be one the most fun games EVER!! And as for the crazy hours, I know what you mean.Up until my last pregnancy, I was playing indoor soccer and some of those games didn't start until 11:30 pm!! Blah!
Back to Top View KristinaP's Profile Search for other posts by KristinaP

Donna
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 05 2008 at 7:15am | IP Logged Quote Donna

aussieannie wrote:
donna wrote:
3.The first time I skied, I didn't see the need for lessons. I rode the lift to the top, jumped off and started down the hill not knowing how to stop. I skied across a ditch and into the parking lot hitting a car.   People came running from all directions to see if I survived!

Oh goodness! I don't know whether to laugh or cry!

Oh Anne, you can laugh...I did, and still do .

Jacob, Sam, and Regina with God
Grandbabies Leigha and Elsie

Moments Like These

Back to Top View Donna's Profile Search for other posts by Donna Visit Donna's Homepage

stacykay
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 05 2008 at 7:37am | IP Logged Quote stacykay

Janet and Donna, I am glad to know that my dss (and I) aren't the only ones who have kept their guardian angels busy!
Donna, I took ski lessons the first time out, but let my friends talk me into going on a more advanced hill- I went straight down like a shot, approaching my group of friends, fortunately one of them was sideways and I flew by, skiing right over his brand new Rossignals (sp.?)! (I ended up stopping by sitting down .)
And Kristina, I have stayed at the Comfort Suites in Warner-Robbins! A great town to stop in on the long drive down I-75! We always try to make that our stopping place, now, on our trips to and from FL.

Oh, and I read, towards the beginnig, but forgot who mentioned the lower voice? Mine isn't really low, except when I am sick and sound like Kathleen Turner and my dh absolutely LOVES it.

God Bless,
Stacy in MI
Back to Top View stacykay's Profile Search for other posts by stacykay

Donna
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 05 2008 at 7:42am | IP Logged Quote Donna

stacykay wrote:
(I ended up stopping by sitting down .)

I should have thought of that .

Moments Like These

Back to Top View Donna's Profile Search for other posts by Donna Visit Donna's Homepage

Donna
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 05 2008 at 7:44am | IP Logged Quote Donna

KristinaP wrote:
I didn't crash into a car, I crashed into the line of people waiting for the lift!

Unfortunately, this happened to me the second time I went skiing...only, I wasn't even coming down the hill...I was just waiting in line and lost control . Needless to say, I don't ski often anymore.

Moments Like These

KristinaP
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 05 2008 at 7:53am | IP Logged Quote KristinaP

Donna wrote:
KristinaP wrote:
I didn't crash into a car, I crashed into the line of people waiting for the lift!

Unfortunately, this happened to me the second time I went skiing...only, I wasn't even coming down the hill...I was just waiting in line and lost control . Needless to say, I don't ski often anymore.

LoL! Yep, I've done that, too. Just completely tipped over standing in line and knocked over my friend...and that was probably the 15th time I'd gone skiing and I was in high school! Boy, did we get some major laughs out of that one!
Back to Top View KristinaP's Profile Search for other posts by KristinaP

ladybugs
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 05 2008 at 8:04am | IP Logged Quote ladybugs

ALmom wrote:
3) Was a real dare devil before children - walked from island to island at low tide and almost got caught in the ocean as the tide came in, played chicken with the waves crashing after an underwater volcano erupted, tried to fish a bag out of the shark pit with a stick -leaning way over, scared dh half to death going real close to the edge of a waterfall to look over, etc. Guess my guardian angel was busy due to my stupidity.

Totally awesome!!!!!

WOW!!!!

My etsy store - all proceeds go to help my fencing daughters!
Back to Top View ladybugs's Profile Search for other posts by ladybugs Visit ladybugs's Homepage

ladybugs
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 05 2008 at 8:08am | IP Logged Quote ladybugs

Rebecca wrote:
1. I can tie a shoe with one hand.

2. As a child, my parents and I were caught in a water spout on Lake Erie while sailing.

3. I have collected beach glass for many years.

4. I minored in poetry and photography in college.

5. I drink way too much of this every day.

Ok, Rebecca, I have to ask - how can you tie with one hand?

So interesting about the water spout!

I love beach glass!

I love photography and would love to study it!

And - do you drink the tea loose? I don't know how to make it like that!

Back to Top View ladybugs's Profile Search for other posts by ladybugs Visit ladybugs's Homepage

ladybugs
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 05 2008 at 8:11am | IP Logged Quote ladybugs

Donna wrote:

1.My husband, Keven, and I met when we were seven years old in second grade. He loves telling the story of the day I joined the class in mid-February after my father’s relocation, and recalls every detail of the dress I was wearing. He says it was love at first sight .

3.The first time I skied, I didn’t see the need for lessons. I rode the lift to the top, jumped off and started down the hill not knowing how to stop. I skied across a ditch and into the parking lot hitting a car.   People came running from all directions to see if I survived!

I love that you and your dh have known each other for that long!!! So sweet!

And to comfort you, Donna, the first AND ONLY time I skied, I did a marvelous impression of a snowball!!!

PDyer
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 05 2008 at 8:25am | IP Logged Quote PDyer

Carole N. wrote:
And Jenn, I would love to have a conversation with you, but the one opportunity that I had I was so nervous! I walked away feeling like a fool thinking of all the things that I should have said!

I'm not the only one!   

Back to Top View PDyer's Profile Search for other posts by PDyer Visit PDyer's Homepage

Paula in MN
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 05 2008 at 8:27am | IP Logged Quote Paula in MN

PDyer wrote:
Come on Paula you can do it!

Okay, here goes:

1. I am notorious (in my own mind) for stopping 4Real threads.

2. I almost wasn't born. First, in 8th grade my dad decided he wanted to be a Priest. Second, just before entering Seminary after high school he decided to enlist in the Navy. He was stationed in Korea and was in a jeep accident with 4 other men. They all died. He was awarded a Medal and visited by none other than Cary Grant - I have the picture!

3. I have the market cornered on M&M's. Plain or Peanut, doesn't matter. Ask me how I know.

4. A few of my favorite things - The Office, Dazed and Confused (great music), A Star is Born (Streisand-Kristoferson), Def Leppard, An Affair to Remember.

5. My mother is close friends with Yakov and Loretta Lynn, and a very dear friend of mine is close friends with Eric Clapton. Unfortunately, that recording contract has just never materialized...

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 05 2008 at 8:28am | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

ladybugs wrote:
And to comfort you, Donna, the first AND ONLY time I skied, I did a marvelous impression of a snowball!!!

ROLF!! I'm off to bed now, but you can all keep the snow/ski ones going! Looking forward to tomorrow!

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

peerybingle
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: April 05 2008 at 9:05am | IP Logged Quote peerybingle

Hi. I'm new here too, and I am getting hooked. Here are my five facts:

1. I want to homeschool, even feel called to homeschool, but my 3yo dd has other plans. She talks about "going to school" all. the. time. So I'm not homeschooling yet, and maybe I won't. Yet I love to read all the fabuloso ideas (which I find mainly through blogs, as I'm still learning this whole message board format) and cook up my own ideas...

2. I'm not so much a crafter. I like the idea of it, but am just not talented at the pulling-it-off of it. We end up with hilarious things-gone-wrong and messes worthy of pictures and leaving the house. It's just not pretty.

3. I live on a farm in Ohio.

4. I'm as addicted to books as any of y'all, though there is no way I could have 250 things checked our from the library and keep track of them!

5. My two favorite things to do in the warm weather are hanging laundry on the line and mowing our huge lawn.

---
Sarah R.
just another day of Catholic pondering
Back to Top View peerybingle's Profile Search for other posts by peerybingle

Jenn Sal
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 05 2008 at 9:11am | IP Logged Quote Jenn Sal

Paula in MN wrote:

4. A few of my favorite things - The Office, Dazed and Confused (great music), A Star is Born (Streisand-Kristoferson), Def Leppard, An Affair to Remember.

5. My mother is close friends with Yakov and Loretta Lynn, and a very dear friend of mine is close friends with Eric Clapton. Unfortunately, that recording contract has just never materialized...

I don't think my quote came out right!!!!

Love The Office! Being from Scranton I love to pick out all the names and places. I own the soundtrack to Dazed and Confused. Again, reminds me of Scranton, because it's still like that movie!

I was an Asst. Mgr. at a Gap Kids in Sacramento, CA and helped Loretta Lynn one time. She was very nice and bought a lot of stuff!

Wendy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 05 2008 at 9:39am | IP Logged Quote Wendy

MaryMary wrote:
My parents immigrated from Italy to Ontario before I was born. All of my extended family is still in Italy. As Italians we do everything loudly, affectionately, and with cheese. On really nice tablecloths. While serving espresso..

*sigh* I have always wanted to be Italian. My best friends in high school were from big Italian families. When we went to Italy when I was in high school, I felt so at home. I cried when we had to leave. (For the record, I am Scots-Irish, Welsh, and German. Anything *but* Italian.)

Rebecca wrote:
3. I have collected beach glass for many years.

Ooooh, Rebecca, me too! Where do you find it? Most of mine came from the Outer Banks years ago, but it's been a while since I've seen any there.

ALmom wrote:
3) Was a real dare devil before children - walked from island to island at low tide and almost got caught in the ocean as the tide came in, played chicken with the waves crashing after an underwater volcano erupted, tried to fish a bag out of the shark pit with a stick -leaning way over, scared dh half to death going real close to the edge of a waterfall to look over, etc. Guess my guardian angel was busy due to my stupidity.

Wow! The scariest thing I've ever done was sit on the edge of the Grand Canyon. And I thought *that* was living dangerously.

Paula in MN wrote:

You have good taste, Paula. Dazed and Confused and Def Leppard (and U2 -- someone else mentioned them) are among my favorites, too. And another one of my favorites is Coal Miner's Daughter -- I can't believe your mom is friends with Loretta Lynn!

Momma to Grace, Sam, Ben, Maggie, Mary Cate, and Jamie
Back to Top View Wendy's Profile Search for other posts by Wendy

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 05 2008 at 9:46am | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

Paula in MN wrote:

1. I am notorious (in my own mind) for stopping 4Real threads.

Hey Paula! The thread is still going! Your spell must be breaking!

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: April 05 2008 at 9:50am | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

The Quote Fairy has arrived and fixed a few quotes, no worries.

To quote, hit the *quote* button at the top right corner of the post you want to quote. Edit, but make sure that something like this [QUOTE = Jenn Sal] is at the front of the quote and this [/QUOTE ] is at the end of the quote (I've added spaces to my examples to undo the code.) If there is a double quote, it can get confusing but it will look like 2 (or more) *name* quotes followed by text then the *end quote* at different points in the text. If this doesn't help, PM me.

Have a great Saturday, ladies. I'll be gone for the day but will look forward to checking in tonight! This topic has been so cheering .

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 05 2008 at 10:22am | IP Logged Quote Maryan

I'm dying laughing at the Daredevil 4Realers!! Or should we say overly confident Daredevils that don't need lessons!!

KristinaP wrote:
I went to high school with Mary Ann's husband and used to hang out and play basketball afterschool :-) but met Mary Ann via my friend/roommate before i got married.

Yep!! And... I taught Christina's sister Catherine!

Rebecca wrote:
I can tie a shoe with one hand.

Me too!! As long as it's velcro.    I am in awe!! That would be such a handy skill. Then I could nurse and tie shoes. As it is, I can nurse and type. Now if Nancy [Guitarnan) could have played guitar and nursed we could have hit the SAHM circus scene!

Okay going back to read more of these... I still don't know how I missed that Jenn Sal and AngieMc are sisters...

Back to Top View Maryan's Profile Search for other posts by Maryan

folklaur
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 05 2008 at 10:39am | IP Logged Quote folklaur

Probably too late to this thread, but I just read all through all the pages, and so I figured I would give it a shot

1. I am a Catholic revert and dh is a convert.

2. I live in the Southwest and I love it, however, I am still a Jersey girl at heart and sometimes I miss the ocean so much it physically hurts.

3. Both dh & I got our degrees in Archaeology, and we were set to go to Belize when our young daughter started having severe kidney problems, and plans....changed. As of now, I have never ever been out of the US. (But I have been on a few pretty neat digs here in AZ.)

4. I love music, but can not play any instruments at all. However, I want to play the glass armonica.

5. In highschool I was "totally" into New Wave -- my hair was different colors (and different lengths), and I dressed really weird (not gothy-black....more really, really bright...remember all the neon clothes they had in the '80s?
Back to Top View folklaur's Profile Search for other posts by folklaur

<< Prev Page of 16 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version