Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: I'm Maryan and you are? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 04 2008 at 12:41pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Maryan wrote:
Paula wrote:
I want to...

Hmmm... I'll give you one Paula... if you go to Minneapolis and go to St. Olaf's church downtown.. There's a priest with whom I worked many musicals here in VA before he was ordained! His name is Fr. Mark Pavlik. He's so MinneSOHtan.   

Now I'm starting to get a little bit embarrassed that I'm so self-centered... someone else?   Quick get me off the hot seat and give us five things about you!!

Not so fast! Probably if anyone has connection with Magdalen College or some graduates, you can find a link! Or Seton School. Or Christendom College (because of the VW link).

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Lisbet
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 04 2008 at 12:42pm | IP Logged Quote Lisbet

Mary Theresa, 9 is big?? I had no idea!

MissyC's husband is one of 17 too. They are one of the few families that will brave all 11 of us for dinner at their house!    Her husband's family is very tight and they all get together very often (weekly I believe!) His parents are pullin' for Dh and I to catch up to them!

Abby, 15
Gabe, 13
Isaac, 11
Mary, 10
Sam, 9
Henry, 7
Molly, 6
Mark, 5
Greta, 3
Cecilia born 10.29.10
Josephine born 6.11.12
Back to Top View Lisbet's Profile Search for other posts by Lisbet

PDyer
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 04 2008 at 12:51pm | IP Logged Quote PDyer

I've decided my five things are the most boring five things on the planet, so I'm going to have a do-over later tonight.   

Back to Top View PDyer's Profile Search for other posts by PDyer Visit PDyer's Homepage

Sarah M
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 04 2008 at 1:11pm | IP Logged Quote Sarah M

LisaR wrote:
Sarah!! I married dh at 20, worked parttime in a library when I was EXACTLY your age/number of kids, grew up in the NW (Portland) and the San Juans are my FAVORITE vacation spot, ever!
ps- you still look 12 now, !

That's just nutty. And yes, I know I still look 12 (sigh). I am told I will appreciate that in my 40's.
Back to Top View Sarah M's Profile Search for other posts by Sarah M

trish
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 04 2008 at 1:13pm | IP Logged Quote trish

Hi I'm Trish... Actually Patricia but only the bank and telemarketters call me that.
My 5's are:

1.Married to my dh Les for 19 years on April 11. We knew we were made for each other 4 hours after we met. And so far have 8 sweetie pies. I just turned 40 too!

2. I used to be lead singer in a rock band. We did a few local gigs and won a few contests. Then the real world came calling and I went to real work. lol

3. I love to make soap, handmade goodies for skin, candles. I love smelly stuff.

4. I'm a revert and my dh is a convert. Talk about stressful when I came back to the church and he thought I was crazy! But many prayers were answered 3 years later when he joined.

5. I'm hopelessly addicted to chocolate. I must eat chocolate everyday! If I don't look out!!!

Only 5 IS hard!

+AMDG+
Saintly Soaps

Back to Top View trish's Profile Search for other posts by trish

Anne McD
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 04 2008 at 1:18pm | IP Logged Quote Anne McD

This is all too funny! Sorry to put you on the hot seat, there, Maryan! Msclavel, do I actually know you?? We probably sit next to each other in church!

(BTW, my dh's exploits continued well through college. Ask me about the grasshoppers in the new dorm sometime!)

Also, Pendergast sounds familliar-- do I know them from Troy or Christendom?

James 8
Katie 6
William 3 1/2
Benedict Joseph 1
and baby on the way! 10/14
Back to Top View Anne McD's Profile Search for other posts by Anne McD

CAgirl4God
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 04 2008 at 1:22pm | IP Logged Quote CAgirl4God

ladybugs...
I jsut had friends visit and they said that 'I was one of the craziest drivers of them all" LOL. guess you got to do what you must to survive! lol

Ponce is beautiful!

we are nearer to SJ, but go to the Augadilla area often...

I too love the beaches!
Back to Top View CAgirl4God's Profile Search for other posts by CAgirl4God

trish
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 04 2008 at 1:27pm | IP Logged Quote trish

oh.... fellow Timmy's addicts. I love their Mochas. It has Chocolate in it!

+AMDG+
Saintly Soaps

Back to Top View trish's Profile Search for other posts by trish

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: April 04 2008 at 1:29pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

All you NOVA gals are so lucky, it gets lonely down here in the south without you. I can't think of 6 degrees to Maryan - and I sooooo want to play!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 04 2008 at 1:33pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Mackfam wrote:
All you NOVA gals are so lucky, it gets lonely down here in the south without you. I can't think of 6 degrees to Maryan - and I sooooo want to play!

Well, I was thinking in a broad sense this can be so easy. You were born and raised in Louisiana, I lived in Louisiana, my sister was born there. I know Maryan, so there's our connection.

But that's not fair, right?

Get the college connection. Priests...I'm sure there's overlapping!

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

msclavel
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 04 2008 at 1:37pm | IP Logged Quote msclavel

Anne, probably...I just looked on the roster for HTH and see your family...so this is where another fact about me rears its head...I am SSSOOOOO shy ...I'm sure we've crossed paths at the parish or in the homeschool group...but I may have run away

In fact, I am virtually surrounded IRL by ladies here and I'm too wrapped up in my shyness to push myself to see them more IRL...isn't that sad.
Back to Top View msclavel's Profile Search for other posts by msclavel

rtlmom
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: April 04 2008 at 1:41pm | IP Logged Quote rtlmom

What a great discussion! Hmm, 5 things about me...

1. I have lived in the same state (and within a county that touches the one I was born in) my entire life.
2. In June, we will celebrate our 10th anniversary. We've been together for 15 years.
3. We are baseball ADDICTS in this house - GO BRAVES - and my oldest plays every chance he gets.
4. I drink waaaaay too much coffee.
5. This fall will be our "official" beginning with homeschooling.
Back to Top View rtlmom's Profile Search for other posts by rtlmom

LisaR
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 04 2008 at 1:50pm | IP Logged Quote LisaR

rtlmom wrote:

congrats rtlmom, and welcome!!!!

Paul 14
Thomas 11
Dominic 8
Maria Gianna 5
Isaac Vincent 9/21/10! and...
many little saints in heaven!
Back to Top View LisaR's Profile Search for other posts by LisaR

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 04 2008 at 1:53pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

MsClavel wrote:
In fact, I am virtually surrounded IRL by ladies here and I'm too wrapped up in my shyness to push myself to see them more IRL...isn't that sad.

I can't seem to get up the nerve, either, Maria. I was at my son's atrium for the Liturgy of Light. It was the whole school, both atriums, lots of parents. I know many by face, some I know closer. I barely said boo to anyone. If they don't start, I don't usually say anything. But the contradiction --I even sang in front of everyone and didn't have one fear.

rtlmom wrote:
What a great discussion! Hmm, 5 things about me...

1. I have lived in the same state (and within a county that touches the one I was born in) my entire life.
2. In June, we will celebrate our 10th anniversary. We've been together for 15 years.
3. We are baseball ADDICTS in this house - GO BRAVES - and my oldest plays every chance he gets.
4. I drink waaaaay too much coffee.

I'm glad you joined in! Welcome to the board. As far as your number 5 -- my dh is a Pirates fan from childhood. This week DirecTV gave a free preview of MLB package, so I got to see the Pirates/Braves series. I promise I won't rub it in. It will get worse as the season progresses, poor Pirates. Breaks my dh's

mommiepappa
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: April 04 2008 at 1:57pm | IP Logged Quote mommiepappa

Coming out of Lurkdom to reply:

I am Mommy to four dd's, 21, 20, 8 1/2 and 5

1) Converted after marrying my cradle Catholic hubby. There was no way I was converting (or so I told the priest when we married).
2) My 8 year old is my first victim of homeschooling and we are so glad we jumped in.
3) I constantly second guess myself in life. I am working on this.
4) I am a southern girl transplated in the midwest. (I feel so landlocked!)
5) I want to travel the states in a RV when my hubby retires.

Kathee

Back to Top View mommiepappa's Profile Search for other posts by mommiepappa Visit mommiepappa's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 04 2008 at 2:01pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

mommiepappa wrote:
Coming out of Lurkdom to reply:

Glad you did, Kathee!

mommiepappa wrote:
4) I am a southern girl transplated in the midwest. (I feel so landlocked!)

Okay, I'll share this. I had never heard the term and when my sister was moving to Nebraska and used "landlocked" I thought it meant there were no lakes or rivers in the area. I was clueless.

I have been ridiculed for that ignorant comment.

mommiepappa
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: April 04 2008 at 2:10pm | IP Logged Quote mommiepappa

JennGM wrote:

Okay, I'll share this. I had never heard the term and when my sister was moving to Nebraska and used "landlocked" I thought it meant there were no lakes or rivers in the area. I was clueless.

I have been ridiculed for that ignorant comment.

This is funny! Well, you were close. The ocean is days away. Both my husband and I are east coaster's so we have had a lot of adjusting. Not to mention that dh was in the Navy too so no ocean means a little moodiness.
Kathee
Back to Top View mommiepappa's Profile Search for other posts by mommiepappa Visit mommiepappa's Homepage

DominaCaeli
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 04 2008 at 2:23pm | IP Logged Quote DominaCaeli

Okay, I'm a bit late, but I'll play too...

1. I'm not homeschooling yet--I hope you'll all still let me stay! I am 26, married for almost 5 years, and mom to two toddlers.

2. My two children are only three months apart: we have a biological daughter (born at 42 weeks, Rachel May--I hope you don't go that long!) and a son whom we adopted from Guatemala. My son ironically looks a lot like my husband, so we get the "Are they twins?" question ALL the time.

3. If I weren't a stay-at-home mom, I would be an English professor. I was on track to get my Ph.D in Literature, teaching composition and Shakespeare discussion seminars at the university, when I decided to "drop out" and become a housewife. You can imagine my feminist professors' reactions!

4. My husband converted me! We were still dating and in college at the time. I actually had my heart set on converting him to my evangelical church, but he is a pretty persuasive guy! I ended up entering the Church on Easter Vigil of 2002. We were married a year later.

5. I have lived in California all my life. (So has my husband.)

I am so enjoying reading more about all of you!!

Mommy to six: three boys (8, 4, newborn) and four girls (7, 5, 2, and 1)
Back to Top View DominaCaeli's Profile Search for other posts by DominaCaeli

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 04 2008 at 2:32pm | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

Maryan -

Here's the *fact* I'm wanting to know about you:

What IS your name? Mary-Ann or Marian (I mean, how do you pronounce it)?
I feel this need to pronounce it to myself when I see it written; it helps me feel more like I'm talking with you.

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 04 2008 at 2:33pm | IP Logged Quote Maryan

DominaCaeli wrote:
Okay, I'm a bit late, but I'll play too...

You're not late, Celeste!! And besides... Patty's (PDyer) going to redo hers later tonight. You're a funny, Patty.

I wish I had known about these boards as I was preparing to homeschool. And... I've never been to CA. I've never been west of Denver (saw the Pope there!) Judging by climate only, I think I would madly fall in love with San Diego and never come back. Who needs seasons?? I would never get sick of sunny and warm. (Okay not that all of CA is San Diego...)

Back to Top View Maryan's Profile Search for other posts by Maryan

<< Prev Page of 16 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version