Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: I'm Maryan and you are? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 04 2008 at 11:32am | IP Logged Quote Maryan

Matilda wrote:
As someone who has routinely gone 40 weeks + 9 days with each of my four and has tried everything from a castor oil root beer float with a peanut butter cup chaser...

Okay... can I just say -- I am NEVER going to try that.    And... I was pretty desperate in January. But... you're definitely a braver woman than me!

Back to Top View Maryan's Profile Search for other posts by Maryan

LisaR
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 04 2008 at 11:35am | IP Logged Quote LisaR

1. I'm the oldest of 4 children, all girls! (and my younger sibs were homeschooled for a time) then I had 4 boys in a row before maria came along!

2. I converted to the Catholic Faith Easter of my Senior Year of a "Catholic" High School in Oregon. I got so tired of trying to fight all the injustices or untruths that were taught there (I went there for the "education") that I discovered the true Catholic Faith. My mom soon after reverted, and my dad, and 3 younger sisters are all converts now as well!!

3. I was incarcerated for about 7 days my freshman year for "rescuing" at an Abortion Clinic. It was a landmark case, our court trial lasted at least 3 weeks and had to be held at a convention center it was so large!

4. I was born a carb-disliker. I could happily eat meat, fish, and any vegetable all day long. not into desserts at all (unless they are dairy or chocolate), not into bread or pasta at all. rice is ok. I DO like potatos anyway, and drool over the purples and fingerlings!!

5. Recently discovered I am the "only" mom documented to have birthed 5 children with the two genetic disorders I have. and, along that line, only my first child was NOT a twin, I happen to double ovulate...

6.!!!!! I LOVE my dh!!! just realized that he was left out of my list. oh well, y'all probably noticed I chat about him and his awesome work here often!!

Paul 14
Thomas 11
Dominic 8
Maria Gianna 5
Isaac Vincent 9/21/10! and...
many little saints in heaven!
Back to Top View LisaR's Profile Search for other posts by LisaR

CAgirl4God
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 04 2008 at 11:35am | IP Logged Quote CAgirl4God

Tim Horton's.. lol

I am from CA and even I have heard of Tim Hortons lol

Ruth.. Puerto Rico!!! we have been here for almost nine months and love it!! where on the island did you live?

pregnant ladies.... praying for you...

Stacy... I love yellow and blue also.. esp in my garndens.. blue and yellow flowers look vibrant next to each other

ladybugs... I hear you about the ocean.. I think I would shrivel up and wilt away if I had to move far away from the sea... lol

Marie A.. WHAT??? you ahve never watched Lost????? lol I am addicted to the show... though I haven't watched in a couple of weeks.. thank goodness for online viewing to catch back up... lol
Back to Top View CAgirl4God's Profile Search for other posts by CAgirl4God

ladybugs
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 04 2008 at 11:38am | IP Logged Quote ladybugs

Maryan wrote:
ladybugs wrote:
I do voiceover work...

Maria, what is that?

Hey Maryan,

Voice over work encompasses radio commercials, software, voice mail systems, cartoons, narrations, stories.

I have done radio commercials, I'm a cartoon character for a trade-show software (imagine tall, blond, thin and 30 - I'm 5'4", brunette with a sprinkling of gray, not so thin and I'm 40 - what fun!). I've done voice mail systems, stories. I also sing professionally.

Hope that helps - now, do you know anyone who wants to hire me - I have MP3's to email!

My etsy store - all proceeds go to help my fencing daughters!
Back to Top View ladybugs's Profile Search for other posts by ladybugs Visit ladybugs's Homepage

ladybugs
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 04 2008 at 11:42am | IP Logged Quote ladybugs

CAgirl4God wrote:

Ruth.. Puerto Rico!!! we have been here for almost nine months and love it!! where on the island did you live?

ladybugs... I hear you about the ocean.. I think I would shrivel up and wilt away if I had to move far away from the sea... lol

I lived in Ponce, Puerto Rico, for a year when I was 4 years old and I had my ears pierced by the nuns in pre-school at La Sacreda Familia!

I remember the awesome beaches and the crazy driving most of all!

My etsy store - all proceeds go to help my fencing daughters!
Back to Top View ladybugs's Profile Search for other posts by ladybugs Visit ladybugs's Homepage

Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 04 2008 at 11:48am | IP Logged Quote Maryan

ladybugs wrote:
Voice over work encompasses radio commercials, software, voice mail systems, cartoons, narrations, stories.

Cool Maria!! And I'm having an "Aha" moment. I remember reading you did that.. but I didn't know that's what it's called.    Yeah... still postpartum, so I can't do rocketscience.   

And I wish I had radio/tv connections!! I'd be plugging you!

LisaR wrote:
I was incarcerated for about 7 days my freshman year for "rescuing" at an Abortion Clinic. It was a landmark case, our court trial lasted at least 3 weeks and had to be held at a convention center it was so large!

Wow Lisa!

Anne McD
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 04 2008 at 11:59am | IP Logged Quote Anne McD

I think we should be playing six degrees of seperation from Maryan!

Here goes:

1. Maryan was my husband's high school english teacher (I'm sure you couldn't have been older than 18 yourself! ) and from what I understand, he was a bit, um, michevious . . .

2. I was born and raised in Troy, NY, the home of Uncle Sam. I'll bet you didn't know it, but he was a real person! He's buried in Troy!

3. If I wasn't a mom, (and was actually good enough!! ) I'd love to be on Broadway. I love to sing and act, and would love to get into it again (community theater) when the littles are big.

4. I have five older brothers who's collective motto is, "there's got to be a game on somewhere." Because of that, the NFL theme song sends chills down my spine, but thanks be to God, my husband doesn't really watch sports.

5. I'm not big into sports, but I love to ski and am reasonably good at it. However, I've been pregnant or nursing an infant for the past seven years, so I haven't been since I've been married . . .

James 8
Katie 6
William 3 1/2
Benedict Joseph 1
and baby on the way! 10/14
Back to Top View Anne McD's Profile Search for other posts by Anne McD

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: April 04 2008 at 12:05pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Anne McD wrote:

Oh, oh, I can play. My son's AP English teacher is a Dominican sister who used to teach at Seton with Maryan and is the real life sister to one of Maryan's SILs.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Sarah M
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 04 2008 at 12:15pm | IP Logged Quote Sarah M

These have been way too much fun to read! I have read here for so long- I can't believe all this stuff I didn't know about you all !

Here goes:

1. I married my dh at 19, and we'll celebrate our 7th anniversary next month. I look 12 in my wedding photos. We have three little sweeties and I love learning at home with them.
2. I work part time at a library, and I don't have to pay late fines. (This is the only group of women that will be envious of that fact, I think! )
3. I've lived in the Pacific NW all my life and love love love it! Someday I want to own property on the San Juan Islands in Washington.
4. I fell in love with birds just a few months ago. Seriously. My heart rate doubles when I see a new bird. My daughter says I do a "mommy squeal" when I see a new one. I'm not admitting to that part.
5. I devour Dawn's blog on a daily basis. You didn't know that, did you Dawn? Someday we will meet and have tea and I will be quite happy. You inspire me!
Back to Top View Sarah M's Profile Search for other posts by Sarah M

LisaR
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 04 2008 at 12:15pm | IP Logged Quote LisaR

MaryM wrote:
[QUOTE=Anne McD] I think we should be playing six degrees of seperation from Maryan!

I went to University with Bob and Melissa- your BIL and SIL, right Maryan???

and, for bonus points, my IRL friend (happymama here)'s sister married another of Bob's brothers.....

Paul 14
Thomas 11
Dominic 8
Maria Gianna 5

Ruth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 04 2008 at 12:17pm | IP Logged Quote Ruth

Anne McD wrote:

Maryan's bil, Father V, was our pastor for a year and a half before being tranfered to NOVA I met her at his going away party a few yers ago, but she probably doesn't remember.

mom to 7 miracles

My family blog

Loreto Rosaries
Back to Top View Ruth's Profile Search for other posts by Ruth Visit Ruth's Homepage

LisaR
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 04 2008 at 12:18pm | IP Logged Quote LisaR

Sarah M wrote:

1. I married my dh at 19, and we'll celebrate our 7th anniversary next month. I look 12 in my wedding photos. We have three little sweeties and I love learning at home with them.
2. I work part time at a library, and I don't have to pay late fines. (This is the only group of women that will be envious of that fact, I think! )
3. I've lived in the Pacific NW all my life and love love love it! Someday I want to own property on the San Juan Islands in Washington.

Sarah!! I married dh at 20, worked parttime in a library when I was EXACTLY your age/number of kids, grew up in the NW (Portland) and the San Juans are my FAVORITE vacation spot, ever!
ps- you still look 12 now, !

Paul 14
Thomas 11
Dominic 8
Maria Gianna 5

Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 04 2008 at 12:18pm | IP Logged Quote Maryan

AnneMcD wrote:
I think we should be playing six degrees of seperation from Maryan!... Maryan was my husband's high school english teacher (I'm sure you couldn't have been older than 18 yourself! ) and from what I understand, he was a bit, um, michevious . . .

Oh Anne, you're so funny! And truly your dh was very good.... until he threw a stink bomb in the bathroom at the end of the year. And then I thought (at first) the smell was due to natural causes, then I thought the old building had a gas leak (and yes, the gas company was called)... and then my guardian angel figure out the source! Your dh. It's one of my favorite memories teaching. I never would have guessed it of him.   

MaryM wrote:
Oh, oh, I can play. My son's AP English teacher is a Dominican sister who used to teach at Seton with Maryan and is the real life sister to one of Maryan's SILs.

That's true too!! You ladies are funny.

msclavel
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 04 2008 at 12:22pm | IP Logged Quote msclavel

Maryan's FIL coordinates altar boys at my parish. And my son thinks that Maryan's husband must be the coolest basketball coach ever after attending his basketball camp last summer.
Back to Top View msclavel's Profile Search for other posts by msclavel

Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 04 2008 at 12:24pm | IP Logged Quote Maryan

LisaR wrote:
I went to University with Bob and Melissa- your BIL and SIL, right Maryan???

and, for bonus points, my IRL friend (happymama here)'s sister married another of Bob's brothers.....

Ruth wrote:
I met her at his going away party a few years ago, but she probably doesn't remember.

I instantly knew HappyMama and Ruth could play (and of course, I remember Ruth. I hardly knew a soul and you were so kind as to come over to where my fam was sitting with my mil and introduce yourself!!) But Lisa I don't think I realized that you went to school with Bob & Melis! Large familes make for lotsa connections.

Paula in MN
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 04 2008 at 12:26pm | IP Logged Quote Paula in MN

Can I just say that now I really feel out of the loop because I don't know Maryan AT ALL??????????????

I want to...does that count???

Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 04 2008 at 12:28pm | IP Logged Quote Maryan

Awww...thanks Maria A.

And AnneMcD -- did you know a family the Pendergasts from Troy? I went to school with someone from there.

And Sarah M... several of my dh's siblings got married young and we joke that our kids will look back at our wedding picture and think we look young, but they won't think we look 12!!

mary theresa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 04 2008 at 12:32pm | IP Logged Quote mary theresa

Lisbet wrote:
One of 17 Mary Theresa? Wow! I have a friend who is one of 17 too!

Oh, NO, not ME!! My husband is!   

I'm from a family of nine, which is still big of course , but I cannot tell you how overwhelmed I get when my husband's family is all together! I think his grandparents have like 65 grandkids. It's insane!

I love this thread!

KackyK
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 04 2008 at 12:34pm | IP Logged Quote KackyK

My dh is from Buffalo so we do know about Tim Horton's too, even though we are in No.VA.

The important point about it, that Maryan, a big fan of sports, should know about is this.

I think you should open up a franchise Maryan...it combines your love of coffee, pastries/donuts and sports!

Oh and I'm not very far on the degree scale from Maryan...I know her personally and our ds's love to play together! I wish I could see her more!

Oh and I too was an early wedder (is that a word, probably not!)...married at 19 to a 30yrold! We are 10 yrs apart, but dh acts so young, no one ever notices! People have been surprised by such a young age sometimes, and ask, why would my parents allow that...but then I remind them I was a sophomore at GMU at the time, and when we got married, dh paid for the next two years of college...then people understand why my parents didn't make a fuss

Mom to 8 - 3 dd, 5ds & 4 babes in heaven

Beginning With the Assumption
Back to Top View KackyK's Profile Search for other posts by KackyK Visit KackyK's Homepage

Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 04 2008 at 12:36pm | IP Logged Quote Maryan

Paula wrote:
I want to...

Hmmm... I'll give you one Paula... if you go to Minneapolis and go to St. Olaf's church downtown.. There's a priest with whom I worked many musicals here in VA before he was ordained! His name is Fr. Mark Pavlik. He's so MinneSOHtan.   

Now I'm starting to get a little bit embarrassed that I'm so self-centered... someone else?   Quick get me off the hot seat and give us five things about you!!

<< Prev Page of 16 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version