Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: I'm Maryan and you are? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 08 2008 at 4:57pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Tonya wrote:
But for baseball, I think that I'll stick with my Rockies!

Oh, ya!

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 08 2008 at 5:05pm | IP Logged Quote Erin

Cay Gibson wrote:

Ok, Jenn...no coffee...no tea.
What do you drink? Just curious.

Well not Jenn here Cay, but I'll admit to not drinking either. I drink water, liters a day, particularly since we are now on tank water.

JennGM wrote:
I was working part time for CUF (Catholics United for the Faith) when Curtis started FOCUS as an off shoot of CUF. It's come a long way from little Steubenville, OH.

My eyes are bulging all the way over here!! My mum used to get CUF newsletters way back when I was a child/teenager. This is a blast from the past.

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

ladybugs
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 08 2008 at 5:06pm | IP Logged Quote ladybugs

Corry O wrote:
For those of you with the Houston connection - are you aware that a brand new co-cathedral was just dedicated this past weekend? I am really looking forward to seeing it.

I lived in Houston from 79-81 - I went to school at Campbell Junior High School and attended St. Matthew's parish.

I sang in Region Choir in 1981 - anyone else??? Is there a Big Mouth Emoticon, ahem, I mean a singing one??

My etsy store - all proceeds go to help my fencing daughters!
Back to Top View ladybugs's Profile Search for other posts by ladybugs Visit ladybugs's Homepage

anniemm
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 08 2008 at 5:34pm | IP Logged Quote anniemm

I sang in a Texas region choir in 99 and 00. :-) North Texas though!

Corry- What part of Houston are you from? My husband and I lived in The Woodlands until we moved to Colorado just a couple months ago. We had a TON of friends who were FUS grads - I bet we know some people in common!

Mama to four little girls (04), (05), (07), (09),& my 1st little guy 11/11
www.hiswillmypeace.com
Back to Top View anniemm's Profile Search for other posts by anniemm Visit anniemm's Homepage

KackyK
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 08 2008 at 5:47pm | IP Logged Quote KackyK

Back to the no coffee thing...I'll admit, both dh and I don't drink coffee or tea. I'll even admit to never even trying a cup of coffee. I've tried tea...but I'm not very successful. We don't own a coffee maker, so when we have company I have to buy those little coffee brew bags and boil water in a mug...gross I guess. But it's that or to the corner 7-11 (which my fil does!) when folks visit.

The first time we had our parish priest over for dinner was my eye opener. We're chatting away after dinner, we had dessert. And we kept chatting and he politely asked for any coffee...oh no! I had everything planned but this. I squirmed and said no and then he said oh well tea will do..YIKES! I didn't have that either. And for those of you from NoVA know which priest I'm talking about...Fr. P! So ofcourse he was gracious and thought I was amusing!

So now I have bags of tea and coffee at the ready!

And what DO we drink...dh does water all the time, and maybe a beer at dinner...I do water, milk and juice (love Costco's 100% Cranberry Grape). And sometimes we splurge and buy a 2L soda bottle, caffeine free ofcourse!

Mom to 8 - 3 dd, 5ds & 4 babes in heaven

Beginning With the Assumption
Back to Top View KackyK's Profile Search for other posts by KackyK Visit KackyK's Homepage

ladybugs
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 08 2008 at 5:57pm | IP Logged Quote ladybugs

anniemm wrote:
I sang in a Texas region choir in 99 and 00. :-) North Texas though!

Ouch!!! Am I that much older???

Shhhhh, don't answer!!

My etsy store - all proceeds go to help my fencing daughters!
Back to Top View ladybugs's Profile Search for other posts by ladybugs Visit ladybugs's Homepage

Molly Smith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 08 2008 at 6:05pm | IP Logged Quote Molly Smith

This has been fun reading!

1. I've been lurking on 4real/CCM for 9 years. I've had the privilege of meeting a handful of you IRL and wish I could see you more often.
2. I live in the beautiful Loudoun Valley of VA with my self-employed dh and six great kids.
3. For the last 1 1/2 years, we've spent about 35 days visiting 18 different places in the east on our RV. Our new RV looks like a semi-truck.
4. I went to three different colleges in four years before graduating with a BS in Business from GMU.
5. I am always cold. I wore two sweaters today (60 and sunny) and am already preheating my mattress warmer.

After 15 pages of bios, we finally have a boring one!!

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 08 2008 at 6:57pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Molly Smith wrote:
This has been fun reading!

1. I've been lurking on 4real/CCM for 9 years. I've had the privilege of meeting a handful of you IRL and wish I could see you more often.
2. I live in the beautiful Loudoun Valley of VA with my self-employed dh and six great kids.
3. For the last 1 1/2 years, we've spent about 35 days visiting 18 different places in the east on our RV. Our new RV looks like a semi-truck.
4. I went to three different colleges in four years before graduating with a BS in Business from GMU.
5. I am always cold. I wore two sweaters today (60 and sunny) and am already preheating my mattress warmer.

After 15 pages of bios, we finally have a boring one!!

Nothing boring to me! I like the RV stuff. Dh and I really just want one to tailgate at Penn State, but we talk about it a lot!

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 08 2008 at 7:27pm | IP Logged Quote Maryan

KackyK wrote:
Back to the no coffee thing...I'll admit, both dh and I don't drink coffee or tea.

Yeah... as I recall, I think I was so gauche as to bring my own.   

Back to Top View Maryan's Profile Search for other posts by Maryan

Stephanie_Q
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 08 2008 at 8:18pm | IP Logged Quote Stephanie_Q

KackyK wrote:
Back to the no coffee thing...I'll admit, both dh and I don't drink coffee or tea. I'll even admit to never even trying a cup of coffee. I've tried tea...but I'm not very successful.

For everyone who doesn't like coffee or tea - I don't like black, white, or green tea, either. You have to try
Celestial Seasonings Herbal Tea...this isn't "tastes like weeds" herbal tea. It is delicious! Seriously. Black Cherry Berry is one of the best. My husband's favorite is either Wild Berry or Raspberry Zinger if he's in the mood for something sweet; Tangerine Orange or Lemon Zinger for something more sour...and I love all of those, too.

Baby boy due 10.13
Back to Top View Stephanie_Q's Profile Search for other posts by Stephanie_Q Visit Stephanie_Q's Homepage

KackyK
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 08 2008 at 8:21pm | IP Logged Quote KackyK

Raspberry Zinger is the one I tried. When a friend of mine made it for me...it was really yummy, but she added something to it, and now I can't remember what...might have been lemon. Anyways, when I tried to make it, ofcourse it didn't come out the same...just blah. Any tips!?!

Mom to 8 - 3 dd, 5ds & 4 babes in heaven

Beginning With the Assumption
Back to Top View KackyK's Profile Search for other posts by KackyK Visit KackyK's Homepage

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: April 08 2008 at 11:08pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

Stephanie_Q wrote:
You have to try
Celestial Seasonings Herbal Tea...this isn't "tastes like weeds" herbal tea. It is delicious!

Having recently been on the tour to their factory, I just want to point out this is technically an "herbal infusion." Since they contain no tea leaves consumer information laws require that they not be called "tea." They can be labeled "caffeine free herbal tea" to get around it somehow. This was a little tidbit of info we learned on the tour. We got a kick out of it - decided we would have to start inviting people to our herbal infusion parties (since that would be what they really are ). I just think that term is so funny.

The lobby has tea samples for guests and they are always very yummy - better than I make. Not sure what they do either.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Maria Therese
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: April 09 2008 at 5:59am | IP Logged Quote Maria Therese

Better late than never I guess...

1. I'm a true southerner (my dh calls me his GA peach)We are hard to come by these days...seems like everyone at our parish is from Buffalo, NY.
2. I've been married for 11 years. My "boyfriend" and I have 3 beautiful dd (8, 5, 2) and a baby boy due to join our crew in 5 weeks!
3. I enjoy reading and have a voracious appetite for Catholic apolgetics and all things Pro-life.
4. I long to have the creativity of you ladies here on the board and have been a theif on many occasions...stealing all of your wonderful ideas for liturgical-year crafts!!
5. I believe that Coffeemate sugar-free Hazelnut is one of the best inventions of this century.

Back to Top View Maria Therese's Profile Search for other posts by Maria Therese

Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 09 2008 at 10:24am | IP Logged Quote Maryan

Kacky I drink Raspberry Zinger plain... but with two bags. One is not strong enough!

Maria Therese wrote:
5. I believe that Coffeemate sugar-free Hazelnut is one of the best inventions of this century.

Maria Therese! Welcome! I'm laughing at your love of coffeemate sugar-free hazelnut!! I'm such a "the usuals" kinda girl. So for coffee: cream and sugar! Loaded please! In fact last year at this time of year, I went to my very wealthy neighbor's house for coffee. Pretty sure Coffeemate sugar-free Hazelnut was on the counter!! But cream? Not insight!    I vented about it here

Hope you're not feeling too large in your last weeks of pregnancy!!

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 09 2008 at 10:32am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Maryan wrote:
Kacky I drink Raspberry Zinger plain... but with two bags. One is not strong enough!

Maryan I do the same thing!!!!

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Maryan
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 09 2008 at 10:40am | IP Logged Quote Maryan

We like our flavors full and rich Jenn!

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 09 2008 at 11:21am | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

Maria Therese -

I'm glad to see someone else refer to her dh as her "boyfriend."    I do this so automatically that when I was in the hospital following the birth of one of our dc, I mentioned him as "my boyfriend" on the phone to my mother. She was scandalized! "When you are where you are right now, that doesn't sound at all appropriate."    But I still look at him that way!

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

hopalenik
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 10 2008 at 1:51pm | IP Logged Quote hopalenik

Lisbet,

1. I have lived in Ohio my whole life, I rarely ever leave Ohio. Okay, so I live a stones throw from the MI border, so I do leave Ohio alot, but, well, does that really count as leaving Ohio?

That made me laugh. I am from the southern part of OH-cincy but my husband is up near Cleveland. So I no exactly what you mean. We live out in CT now. But thanks for the chuckle...

stacykay
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 10 2008 at 7:04pm | IP Logged Quote stacykay

Maria Therese wrote:
Better late than never I guess...

1. I'm a true southerner (my dh calls me his GA peach)We are hard to come by these days...seems like everyone at our parish is from Buffalo, NY.
2. I've been married for 11 years. My "boyfriend" and I have 3 beautiful dd (8, 5, 2) and a baby boy due to join our crew in 5 weeks!
3. I enjoy reading and have a voracious appetite for Catholic apolgetics and all things Pro-life.
4. I long to have the creativity of you ladies here on the board and have been a theif on many occasions...stealing all of your wonderful ideas for liturgical-year crafts!!

Hi Maria Therese!
I may be a life-long Michigander, but somehow I have a southern yearning and adore GA.

I have to confess, I have that very "creamer" in my cabinet and use it daily (just one cup, with milk for the rest.) It is yummy! Have you tried their holiday flavors? The best, imho, is the pumpkin spice. Only available around Thanksgiving, but it is wonderful!!!

God Bless,
Stacy in MI
Back to Top View stacykay's Profile Search for other posts by stacykay

teachingmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Virginia Bluebells

Posted: April 11 2008 at 12:21am | IP Logged Quote teachingmom

I finally had some time to attack the reading of this thread. Mind you, I only got 1/3 of the way through and am jumping to the end to post. Hopefully someone is still reading.

1. I grew up with 5 brothers and no sisters. Now I have 6 daughters. As a child I prayed for years for a sister and thought God wasn't answering me. But He just answered my prayers in a very delayed and unexpected way - now I have a houseful of sisters - not mine, but sisters to one another!

2. I love playing games and am extremely competitive. (Likely comes from having the 5 brothers mentioned above.)

3. Dh and I enjoy spending time watching dvds (often old movies), eating out (esp. Mexican food), chatting with friends about politics and religion (you know, the subjects that are supposed to be taboo in social settings), and going to the opera. That last one is a brand new love. We saw our first opera last fall, our second one just the other night, and have tickets to another one next month for our anniversary.

4. Every summer our family vacations for a week at the beach with my extended family and camps for a weekend with a group of other families. We usually fit in one or two other weekends away during the year. Vacations are a huge part of family traditions around here.

5. When I was a theology graduate student at Steubenville, I took a class in Rome. I was invited to a private Mass with Pope John Paul II and an audience afterward. He blessed me on the forehead, so I like to call myself a living relic.

<< Prev Page of 16 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version