Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
We Pray to the Lord
 4Real Forums : We Pray to the Lord
Subject Topic: December Maternity Novena Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Nov 26 2007 at 10:45am | IP Logged Quote Mary G

How about if we start a novena on Dec 1 for all those due during the month of December (you lucky ladies! ) that all may have a safe labor and delivery and that all the Advent/Christmas babies may have a wonderful start in this world.

So, ladies, here is the list of those who will be birthing little bundles of joy in the month of Christ's birth (how cool is that):
  • Erica (unless she goes this week -- we'll make her an honorary Dec)
  • Jenn GM
  • Molly Davis
  • Chemai
  • JoAnna ("MRSGRANOLA")
  • Valerie ("VMALOTT")
  • Melissa Claire
  • Mary Theresa
  • Blair in TX ("BLAIRB4")

Please post below if you are due in December so we can be sure and pray for you -- we don't want to miss anyone!

ETA: JoAnna -- I just noticed you're due in December -- YIPPPPPEEEEEE!

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

Erica Sanchez
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 26 2007 at 1:30pm | IP Logged Quote Erica Sanchez

I'm not in December...at least I hope not! I was due last Friday. No baby yet, though. I pray it is this week, before December, when, if I go that long, my doctor will start talking induction. Thanks Mary and all! :)

Back to Top View Erica Sanchez's Profile Search for other posts by Erica Sanchez

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 26 2007 at 6:40pm | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Erica -- we'll add you as a "tentative December birthing" !

But I'll keep you in my prayers now and until I hear you've had the baby and all is well....

my website that combines my schooling, hand-knits work, writing and everything else in one spot!
Back to Top View Mary G's Profile Search for other posts by Mary G Visit Mary G's Homepage

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 27 2007 at 4:25am | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Chemai will definately having her little Augustine in December!

Tomorrow she finds out the ceasarian date but it will be much closer to Christmas day than expected with the doctors wanting to ceasar now between 38-39 weeks.

So this will be a blessed Christmas arrival that so many of the ladies here have prayed VERY fervently for!

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 27 2007 at 7:56am | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Thanks Annie, I've added her above. That is sensational news that she's been able to hold the baby this long -- GOD is SO GOOD!

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 27 2007 at 2:17pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

I am due Dec 12. But I will gladly go anytime this little guy is ready!

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

Ruth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 28 2007 at 7:56am | IP Logged Quote Ruth

Many prayers for all of you.

mom to 7 miracles

My family blog

Loreto Rosaries
Back to Top View Ruth's Profile Search for other posts by Ruth Visit Ruth's Homepage

Caroline
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 28 2007 at 8:28am | IP Logged Quote Caroline

Praying for all of you.

cathhomeschool
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Texas Bluebonnets

Posted: Nov 29 2007 at 8:03am | IP Logged Quote cathhomeschool

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, Mary for setting this up!! (Showing my ignorance here...) Is there a certain novena prayer that weīre going to do... To St. Gerard.. or someone else (Insert a question mark here... Iīm on my momīs weird keyboard, and punctuation marks donīt work the right way...    )

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 29 2007 at 9:13am | IP Logged Quote Mary G

I think St. Gianna Molla would be good? I can sort of relate to her better than St. Gerard ... but that's just me!
Quote:

God our Father we praise You and we bless you because in St Gianna Beretta Molla you have given us one who witnessed to the Gospel as a young women, as a wife, as a mother, and as a doctor. We thank you because through the gift of her life we can learn to welcome and honor every human person.

You, Lord Jesus, were for Gianna a splendid example.
She learned to recognize you in the beauty of nature.
As she was questioning her choice of vocation she went
in search of you and the best way to serve you.
Through her married love she became a sign of
your love for the Church and for humanity.
Like you, the Good Samaritan, she cared for everyone
who was sick, small or weak. Following your example,
out of love she gave herself entirely,
generating new life.

Holy Spirit, Source of every perfection, give us wisdom, intelligence, and courage so that, following the example of Saint Gianna and through her intercession, we may know how to place ourselves at the service of each person we meet in our personal, family and professional lives, and thus grow in love and holiness.

Amen.

Or, how 'bout Our Lady of Guadlupe?
Quote:

Novena to Our Lady of Guadalupe

Our Lady of Guadalupe, according to your message in Mexico I venerate you as "the Virgin. Mother of the true God for whom we live, the Creator of all the world, Maker of heaven and earth." In spirit I kneel before your most holy Image which you miraculously imprinted upon the cloak of the Indian Juan Diego, and with the faith of the countless numbers of pilgrims who visit your shrine, I beg you for this favor: to be a generous, self-sacrificing, faithful Marian Catechist all the days of my life.

Remember, O Immaculate Virgin, the words you spoke to your devout client, "I am a merciful Mother to you and to all your people who love me and trust in me and invoke my help. I listen to their lamentations and solace all their sorrows and their sufferings." I beg you to be a merciful Mother to me, because I sincerely love you and trust in you and invoke your help. I entreat you, Our Lady of Guadalupe, to grant my request, if this should be the Will of God, in order that I may "bear witness to your love, your compassion, your help and protection." Do not forsake me in my needs.

Our Lady of Guadalupe, pray for us. Hail Mary . . . (3 times)

Or, if y'all prefer, here's the St. Gerard novena:
Quote:

Novena to St. Gerard

Most Blessed Trinity, I, Your child, thank You for all the gifts and privileges which You granted to St. Gerard, especially for those virtues with which You adorned him on earth and the glory which You now impart to him in heaven. Accomplish Your work, Oh Lord, so that Your kingdom may come about on earth. Through his merits, in union with those of Jesus and Mary, grant me the grace for which I ask.... (Mention your request)

And you, my powerful intercessor, St. Gerard, always so ready to help those who have recourse to you, pray for me. Come before the throne of Divine Mercy and do not leave without being heard. To you I confide this important and urgent affair.... Graciously take my cause in hand and do not let me end this novena without having experienced in some way the effects of your intercession. Amen.

O good St. Gerard, powerful intercessor before the throne of God, wonder-worker of our day, I call upon you and seek your help. While on earth, you always fulfilled God's designs; help me, too, always do God's holy will. Beseech the master of life, from whom all parenthood proceeds, to bless me with offspring, that I may raise up children to God in this life and heirs to the kingdom of God's glory in the life to come.   
Amen.

stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 29 2007 at 10:00am | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

Sounds good, Mary! Thanks for thinking of this. Praying along with you.

mom to five
Back to Top View stefoodie's Profile Search for other posts by stefoodie Visit stefoodie's Homepage

MelissaClaire
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 10 2007 at 1:53pm | IP Logged Quote MelissaClaire

I'm being induced 12/21 and would love all the prayers I can get! Thank you!

Mary G
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 10 2007 at 5:12pm | IP Logged Quote Mary G

Aussie Annie and Maryan -- when are y'all due?

mary theresa
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 10 2007 at 7:38pm | IP Logged Quote mary theresa

Oh, count me too! I'm due 12/28 with my second. Thanks for all the prayers and I will pray too. I do think of all of you due soon and can't wait to hear each news!

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 10 2007 at 10:02pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Mary G wrote:
Aussie Annie and Maryan -- when are y'all due?

I am due on the 17th of January, so this Thursday, I'll have 5 weeks to go!

I have to say, I tend to go over with all of them, but usually not more than a week...

Just as long as bubba comes in time for a 2nd of Feb baptism (Feast of the Purification.)

I remember booking my last baby's baptism for the feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe even though I knew I could go seriously over and Father chuckled, "What? You want to book the baptism before the baby arrives?"....Yep, I did!

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

Molly Smith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 20 2007 at 5:06pm | IP Logged Quote Molly Smith

I'm just catching this now, but I am not only not due in December, but I'm not expecting at all . I suspect you got me confused with Molly Davis. Many blessings for all the expectant families!!

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Dec 20 2007 at 10:20pm | IP Logged Quote Chari

MelissaClaire wrote:
I'm being induced 12/21 and would love all the prayers I can get! Thank you!

Melissa, are you still being induced tomorrow? Either way, you have my prayers! Let us know how things are going.

vmalott
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 26 2007 at 8:24am | IP Logged Quote vmalott

Hah...I just checked this out to see who else was due and hasn't had their December baby yet. I'm not due for another 3 weeks, so that's January. Although, I admit I wouldn't mind a 38-weeker...this boy's feeling pretty big already! Either way, I'll still take the prayers.

Valerie

Back to Top View vmalott's Profile Search for other posts by vmalott Visit vmalott's Homepage

MelissaClaire
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Jan 02 2008 at 8:05pm | IP Logged Quote MelissaClaire

Wanted to check back in to say that Rachel Katherine was born on 12/21! She weighed in at 7lbs 1 oz, but after struggling with some jaundice issues (which included a hospital stay) which then upset my milk supply she's down to 6 pounds 10 oz. Her billirubin level is still high so we have to go get it checked again tomorrow, but I'm hopeful we won't be headed back to the hospital.

Thank you for the prayers. I physically felt them during labor.

Melissa
Back to Top View MelissaClaire's Profile Search for other posts by MelissaClaire

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 02 2008 at 8:31pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

Congratulations Melissa! Welcome Rachel!

Have a great babymoon! And when you're up to it, I need to order some birth announcements.

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

Page of 2 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version