Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Across Time and Place
 4Real Forums : Across Time and Place
Subject Topic: French anyone? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
SuzanneG
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Aug 29 2007 at 2:57pm | IP Logged Quote SuzanneG

Thank you, Stacy......That helps a lot! Random house should have you do their product descriptions....

Also, here is the Website for SKOLDO, which is listed in Mater Amabilis.   I guess it's not available via US distributors anymore, but directly from this website.

Any feedback from anyone about SKOLDO?

Back to Top View SuzanneG's Profile Search for other posts by SuzanneG

teachingmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Virginia Bluebells

Posted: Aug 29 2007 at 11:10pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmom

We've been enjoying the free access to Rosetta Stone languages provided by our local library system online. Most of the girls and I have started the first lessons for at least one of the languages. My oldest wants to learn some French. My 7yo is fascinated by these online lessons (they feel like a computer game to her) and has started both Spanish and Mandarin Chinese! I'm not sure how fast the lessons progress or if she can keep up, but the first lessons have been wonderful!

Ouiz
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Aug 30 2007 at 10:07pm | IP Logged Quote Ouiz

Thank you for such great ideas!

I'm embarrassed to say, I was a French major in college, and have yet to teach my children anything other than reading Where the Wild Things Are in French... and a bit of Le Petit Prince, which they couldn't stand...

I have a question: Is anybody trying to teach their children Latin at the same time? We are currently going through Prima Latina, which is wonderful, and I don't want to confuse my kids... but I also don't want to miss out on the opportunity to teach them French!

Any suggestions? (my oldest 4 are 9, 8, 6, and 5)

Chez Ouiz
Back to Top View Ouiz's Profile Search for other posts by Ouiz Visit Ouiz's Homepage

c_rob
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posted: Sept 28 2007 at 4:30am | IP Logged Quote c_rob

Another resource that you may be interested in are the Disney movies in French. If you are not a fan of term time watching, they can provide excellent reinforcement over the holidays. Also, Disneyland sells a dvd with all the traditional songs in a "follow the bouncing ball" format - good for reading and for singing.
My favourite children's book in French is a translation of, "Where the Wild Things are".
If you are in touch with local homeschoolers who are also learning French, you can put on plays of some of the fairytales - Le Petit Chaperon Rouge, is fun. As is a nativity play.
Patricia Beaton (Australia) has produced a book of children's action songs and games which includes the scores. "Bilingual Action Songs and Games, Jeux D'Action et Chansons Bilingues" - Patricia Beaton ISBN 0646 16560 7
Bonne chance

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version