Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
We Pray to the Lord
 4Real Forums : We Pray to the Lord
Subject Topic: Job prayers for dh, please....! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
stacykay
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 02 2007 at 8:16pm | IP Logged Quote stacykay

Saying prayers for your dh, Tami. And for you! I know how hard a job loss can be for a wife.

God Bless,
Stacy in MI
Back to Top View stacykay's Profile Search for other posts by stacykay

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 02 2007 at 8:32pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

Tami,
Praying for your family!

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 03 2007 at 12:56am | IP Logged Quote Chari

Will intensify our Saint Joseph prayers here......and add you to the rosary about to start here!

cathhomeschool
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Texas Bluebonnets

Posted: March 03 2007 at 9:00am | IP Logged Quote cathhomeschool

Praying, Tami!

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 04 2007 at 11:25am | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

Praying here, too!

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

Tami
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 20 2007 at 4:04pm | IP Logged Quote Tami

I wanted to bump this up because my hsuband received a call today about a job prospect.

Many years ago he had his own graphics company and worked as an independent contractor for a division of Social Security. He was their top small-business contractor, but the work dried up for him when it needed to go to minority-owned companies.

The head of the graphics office now also heads up their video department (dh is a musician/composer, so he also does multi-media). They connected on the phone today, and he told my husband to come in tomorrow, he might have some work for him.

They had a great relationship many years ago, and Ray was excited to hear from my husband again!

I don’t want to get my hopes up, we’ve been let down so many times, but how could I not? A good friend whose in business/finance once said that rarely do people get jobs from ads, etc. it’s most often from having known someone, somehow. This thought has not left my mind since dh lost his job in November, and it has been true for him several times.

If you could pray, esp. that they might offer dh a full-time job (with a salary that he could support our family with) which would also mean benefits. Health care issues are rising here, with normal things for the children and a needed surgery for me.

Thank you all, so much.

Back to Top View Tami's Profile Search for other posts by Tami

ladybugs
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 20 2007 at 4:09pm | IP Logged Quote ladybugs

Praying hard for you my friend!

My etsy store - all proceeds go to help my fencing daughters!
Back to Top View ladybugs's Profile Search for other posts by ladybugs Visit ladybugs's Homepage

teachingmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Virginia Bluebells

Posted: June 20 2007 at 4:43pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmom

Praying, praying, praying!!!

I know it's hard not to get your hopes up, but this sounds like a great possibility. And I have to add that when dh got his current job, I think he originally responded to an ad from an online a job bank. But he ended up knowing one of the vice presidents of the foundation from a previous job, and I'm sure that helped cinch it for him. A good word from someone who actually knows what a great person and hard worker an applicant is can be a huge help.

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 20 2007 at 5:35pm | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

Oh Tami -

Praying so hard!

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 20 2007 at 8:40pm | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

Tami.....we have been there....praying very hard to St. Joseph, Mary, and St. Therese!!

Keep us updated!

guitarnan
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 20 2007 at 9:14pm | IP Logged Quote guitarnan

Praying, Tami, in a huge way for your dh and all of you! It's true, personal networking makes a huge difference...I will pray that this is a wide-open door of opportunity for your dh...

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 20 2007 at 9:16pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

Tami,
Praying hard here! What a long hard road you have been on!

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: June 21 2007 at 7:19am | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Tami - Just seeing this. I'm storming heaven for you and your dh especially today. Begging St. Joseph's intercession here. Keep us updated.

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

momwise
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 21 2007 at 9:07am | IP Logged Quote momwise

Adding your family to my prayers Tami.

Tami
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 22 2007 at 8:38am | IP Logged Quote Tami

I have ~some~ good news!   

Dh met with the graphics/video guy (Ray). He is apparently swamped with work, and Ray said that 2 weeks ago he was walking around the office saying, "We need Francis (dh)! We've got to find out how to get in touch with him." It was about that time that dh was driving past the building and thought, "I ought to give Ray a call."   

As it stands, dh will be given contractual work again. Ray said he’d jump on the paperwork right away, and get a purchase order together for him. There aren’t any full-time positions open, as the staff is so happy there that they have a low turn-over. I can be at peace with that for the moment, because at least dh is moving forward. I was hoping for an full-time offer, but it must not be meant for now…..    It is hard, as our medical needs are mounting.

If you could continue to pray that the paperwork goes through smoothly and quickly! We’ve had many instances where it seemed as though the Enemy snatched something that the Lord was trying to provide for us.

Thank you all so, so much for your prayers, and your many responses on this thread. I was encouraged and touched by your kindness and willingness to pray.

ladybugs
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 22 2007 at 8:45am | IP Logged Quote ladybugs

Tami,

I'll continue to pray!

My etsy store - all proceeds go to help my fencing daughters!
Back to Top View ladybugs's Profile Search for other posts by ladybugs Visit ladybugs's Homepage

teachingmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Virginia Bluebells

Posted: June 22 2007 at 11:30am | IP Logged Quote teachingmom

Tami wrote:
Dh met with the graphics/video guy (Ray). He is apparently swamped with work, and Ray said that 2 weeks ago he was walking around the office saying, "We need Francis (dh)! We've got to find out how to get in touch with him." It was about that time that dh was driving past the building and thought, "I ought to give Ray a call."   

Wow, chills went through me as I read this. God really is working behind the scenes!

Rejoicing with you, Tami, and praying that all goes smoothly and that it's enough to sustain you until a full-time job with benefits comes up.

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 22 2007 at 4:09pm | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

Tami -

Congratulations on the good news! I'll continue to pray that something permanent and with good benefits comes along.

Peace,
Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

Tami
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 06 2007 at 9:20pm | IP Logged Quote Tami

teachingmom wrote:

Wow, chills went through me as I read this. God really is working behind the scenes!

Rejoicing with you, Tami, and praying that all goes smoothly and that it's enough to sustain you until a full-time job with benefits comes up.

You know, Irene, I felt the same way.... and apparently God's not the only one working behind the scenes!

Sigh.

The paperwork came through Monday, just as we were going through FIL's viewing/funeral. All dh had to do was set up a credit card, then he could begin working.

He called the office today to see if he needed a federal ID #, and now they are not sure if they can give him a contract.    First the office was told 'yes', then 'no'. Apparently there are more hoops and restrictions to giving out contracts then when he worked for them before.
Someone did call and grilled him terribly on the phone. And the person who can give the definitive answer is on vacation.

Sigh. Double sigh.

I know this is harrassment. We just need to battle through, but boy, this is exhausting.

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 07 2007 at 12:03am | IP Logged Quote Chari

praying, dear!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version