Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: Bigger with successive pregnancies? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 31 2007 at 6:13am | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

I have generally got away without maternity clothes - because I wear baggy things anyway - and I am small. This time I might have to get something - the only thing is that the very big stage will be in warm weather -and I do have loose fitting dresses. My biggest baby has weighed in at 6lbs 11oz - so I am way way behind all of you in baby size!!!

Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

Tina P.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 31 2007 at 11:50am | IP Logged Quote Tina P.

Please be patient while I pick up my chin off the floor. You've been through ENTIRE pregnancies without having to use maternity clothes?!?!? Oooooh, I *am* (there's no green face for envy, only for illness and I didn't want to look angry, as I'm not, so shocked was the only face that looks somewhat jealous). How lucky you are! And I'm a little to have reported that I got away with 17 weeks of not using maternity things.    

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 31 2007 at 12:34pm | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

Tina P. wrote:
Please be patient while I pick up my chin off the floor. You've been through ENTIRE pregnancies without having to use maternity clothes?!?!? Oooooh, I *am* (there's no green face for envy, only for illness and I didn't want to look angry, as I'm not, so shocked was the only face that looks somewhat jealous). How lucky you are! And I'm a little to have reported that I got away with 17 weeks of not using maternity things.    

You are making me laugh! Ok this can be explained by several things:

1) Genetics - my mother is very small - same size after 7 children. My sisters are the same. Might be the Asian origins?

2) My regular wardrobe consists of elastic waist skirts, high waist dresses and big sweaters, plus elastic waist yoga pants - can be very versatile. (I did want to get some cutie maternity stuff this time - but have been too ill to go shopping - and even when I am well am not the shopping type - kind of explains why my wardrobe leaves much to be desired)

3) My twin pregnancy was spent in bed for most of the time - I did not need maternity clothes

There are my excuses. I do so want to be one of these glamorous maternity types who simply glow with pregnancy - but my first trimester has not been that way! Hopefully I will feel better soon and I can get a little more "glowing" - and I can show my belly off!!

Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

Sarah
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 31 2007 at 5:31pm | IP Logged Quote Sarah

Look like I'm due tomorrow and I still have 6 mo. to go. I see people try to hide the shock when I tell them. I try ti make a joke of it.

The doctor explained it to me (and this may already have been said. I didn't get a chance yet to read the whole thread)

The stomach muscles have a memory of where they've been stretched to and everything just kind of flops there when the growing uterus pushes on it. My baby by ultrasound was 50% for size so it doesn't mean a bigger baby.

I'm hoping it all just kind of fills in behind the large belly without getting too much bigger.

Back to Top View Sarah's Profile Search for other posts by Sarah

juststartn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 01 2007 at 3:15pm | IP Logged Quote juststartn

I had a woman tell me at the fabric store the other night (while I was going "OO" at a particularly strong BH ctx) that "you'd better not have that baby here".

I lol, and told her I hoped not too, since I'm not due til June! LOL

Yeah. I've got another 5 months (20 weeks, whatever)....and I apparently already look full term.

I think I am making my summer maternity clothes from bedsheets.

They "might" have enough fabric.

Rachel
Back to Top View juststartn's Profile Search for other posts by juststartn

time4tea
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 02 2007 at 10:23am | IP Logged Quote time4tea

I am 12 weeks pregnant with #5 and have noticed that my belly is definitely bigger and got beigger faster than I recall with the other dc. Matter of fact, I haven't told my Mom yet, but I will be seeing her tomorrow , so I told dh just this morning that I'd better get on the phone with her before we arrive so that she isn't shocked by how I've changed since she saw me last a few weeks ago!

God bless,

Tea

~Tea
Back to Top View time4tea's Profile Search for other posts by time4tea

Anne McD
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Feb 08 2007 at 12:38pm | IP Logged Quote Anne McD

Okay, I'm feeling much better now. I'm 15 weeks now, and just made the switch to maternity clothes. I was wearing my button fly jeans with the top two undone the other day (and not being able to breathe when I sat down) when I got myself a new pair of mat jeans at Target. Before, I looked fat. Now, I look really pregnant.

Better to have a muffin in the oven than a muffin top, eh?

James 8
Katie 6
William 3 1/2
Benedict Joseph 1
and baby on the way! 10/14
Back to Top View Anne McD's Profile Search for other posts by Anne McD

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 22 2013 at 4:45pm | IP Logged Quote Erin

Re-reading this old discussion, great to know I'm not alone. I'll be 14 weeks tomorrow with #10 and I'm putting off wearing maternity clothes as long as possible, getting away with tracksuit pants and bigger size clothing thus far but..I could easily be wearing my maternity clothes.

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

Erica Sanchez
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 24 2013 at 2:49pm | IP Logged Quote Erica Sanchez

Erin,

Is this your announcement!? I probably missed it, but congratulations! :)

Back to Top View Erica Sanchez's Profile Search for other posts by Erica Sanchez

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version