Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Have you met 4Realearners IRL? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Poll Question: How many 4Real members have you met in real life?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
37 [27.82%]
49 [36.84%]
34 [25.56%]
13 [9.77%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
*Lindsey*
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Aug 26 2011 at 4:49pm | IP Logged Quote *Lindsey*

I agree, Martina!!

Chris V
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 29 2011 at 2:10pm | IP Logged Quote Chris V

martinas6 wrote:
haven't met any in real life buuuttt...I think it would be a good idea to create a 4real group on Facebook.That way I could connect more "faces" to the moms I've gleaned so much help from here on the boards

Yes, Martina! I think you should just start one and I'll join you!

I've met 2 4Real members IRL ... 3 if you count my sister . I have a few friends that have joined at my prodding, but they've never posted or participated ... perhaps someday they will

Back to Top View Chris V's Profile Search for other posts by Chris V

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Aug 29 2011 at 5:26pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Chris V wrote:

Yes, Martina! I think you should just start one and I'll join you!

Ladies, you are so awesome to want to offer more social-networking for 4Real members. We moderators are planning to discuss this topic at our upcoming moderator retreat. For example, I'm eager to discuss Twitter, in particular. Thanks so much for the encouragement that this is a direction you would like to see us move.

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

MommyMahung
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Aug 29 2011 at 6:33pm | IP Logged Quote MommyMahung

Ladies, I'm still new here, but could someone please tell m if there is a "group" area on here where we can see who lives in what city and state or what homeschool support groups are in different cities, states? I would love to be able to get together with some other homeschool families that live near me, but I don't know any. My kids love to play and meet other children and as of now, it's only happening at church on Sunday or at the Suzuki school.

I like Martinas' idea with facebook too!

God Bless!
Back to Top View MommyMahung's Profile Search for other posts by MommyMahung

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Aug 29 2011 at 10:26pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

MommyMahung wrote:
Ladies, I'm still new here,
First, welcome!

MommyMahung wrote:
but could someone please tell m if there is a "group" area on here where we can see who lives in what city and state or what homeschool support groups are in different cities, states? I would love to be able to get together with some other homeschool families that live near me, but I don't know any. My kids love to play and meet other children and as of now, it's only happening at church on Sunday or at the Suzuki school.

I like Martinas' idea with facebook too!

God Bless!

I believe in the past some members have posted in the Tea and Conversation forum that they are in a certain area, and requested that other members in that same general area pm them. As a public board we are searchable, and many members choose to guard their particular locations, not wanting to post where they live on a publicly searchable/readable board. Each member decides their own comfort level on this, so private messages can be a good way to exchange information while still allowing members to protect their privacy.

You can also google search homeschool support groups in your local area - in addition to some groups having websites, there are many homeschool group databases that compile just this kind of information and you can likely find contacts that way. Another way to meet local homeschoolers is to ask around at your church about other homeschoolers. You generally only need to find one or two in order to find some good local contact information.

Good luck in your search! And again, welcome to the boards!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

MommyMahung
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Aug 30 2011 at 3:19pm | IP Logged Quote MommyMahung

Thanks Mackfam!

I did ask around at church and found a few homeschooing families, but they all live far from me.    I also found a homeschool group in my neighborhood, but they are all into unschooling and are very unorganized. I will do as you suggested and search some more! There's got to be a good group out here, I just haven't discovered them!
Back to Top View MommyMahung's Profile Search for other posts by MommyMahung

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 7
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version