Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Have you met 4Realearners IRL? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Poll Question: How many 4Real members have you met in real life?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
37 [27.82%]
49 [36.84%]
34 [25.56%]
13 [9.77%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 07 2007 at 3:01pm | IP Logged Quote Chari

What town exactly, Kelly? you can pm me if you want it more private

You are SO close to VA and to Michele Quigley.....can you find a way to meet up?

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 07 2007 at 3:15pm | IP Logged Quote Chari

Kristin, we were posting at the same time!

I just LOVED Kristin! I am so glad we HAD to take that car ride together and get to know each other better! And, to see her quilting loft and library.......kindred spirit for sure!

I am SO bummed I cannot see you on this cross country trip    ...you moved out of my way....

Congratulations on your pregnancy! And, keep me on your mailing list so I can see the kids grow! BTW, are you coming out to CA anytime soon? oh, and I found some Vogels here in Weed, CA..........any relation?

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 07 2007 at 4:06pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Chari wrote:

You are SO close to VA and to Michele Quigley.....can you find a way to meet up?

Kelly...I'm wondering the same thing. We swing through to central PA all the time, and my sil is near Harrisburg....

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Kristen in TN
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 07 2007 at 8:55pm | IP Logged Quote Kristen in TN

Hi Chari,

I am ever so glad we got to ride together that day as well. Not many people saw that place we lived in. Glad we could share it.

The only Vogels that I know we are related to are Fr. John Vogel, who was just appointed pastor at St. Dorothy's in Glendora and his mother in Pasadena. I know that is no where near you. Any others I don't know about.

The dream for us to go to California has probably been put on hold once again.   Believe me, if we make it out there, I'll be calling you!

God bless,
Kristen
Back to Top View Kristen in TN's Profile Search for other posts by Kristen in TN Visit Kristen in TN's Homepage

Tina P.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 07 2007 at 9:46pm | IP Logged Quote Tina P.

JennGM wrote:
Tina P. wrote:
I'm about to meet Chari. And I've almost called Jenn. I guess almost doesn't count. And about to doesn't either. Hmmmm ... I'm at zero here.

Hmmmm...and I'm wondering why you didn't call? Pretty please, do anytime! It's easier for me to rein in the one young son and take calls. Come on, pretty please?

I find it so much easier to type. I can be interrupted and most of the time actually remember what I was thinking when I write. And I can also choose at what time I type. It's fairly late where you are now, isn't it? Whenever I'm on the phone, I have to referee quibbles, hear over singing or piano playing, or hear a huge THUMP and then a whole lot of crying. Maybe someday ... it's my dream ... I can call friends and actually hear what THEY have to say.

alicegunther
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 07 2007 at 9:58pm | IP Logged Quote alicegunther

Tina P. wrote:
or hear a huge THUMP and then a whole lot of crying.

LOL! This really cracked me up! So very true!

Cottage Blessings
Brew yourself a cup of tea, and come for a visit!
Back to Top View alicegunther's Profile Search for other posts by alicegunther Visit alicegunther's Homepage

Erica Sanchez
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 08 2007 at 1:29am | IP Logged Quote Erica Sanchez

Angie Mc wrote:
Now, if I can just get together with the San Diego crew and the west coast camping...

Absolutely, Angie! You must promise that the very next time you are here you will tell us!

What are your chances of camping? We will be going for the first time! :)

Back to Top View Erica Sanchez's Profile Search for other posts by Erica Sanchez

KellyinPA
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 08 2007 at 2:23pm | IP Logged Quote KellyinPA

Chari wrote:

We are just north of Harrisburg, about 15 minutes or so. Yes, Michele Q and I love within an hours drive of each other. And only a few hours from NOVA too, like I said, come on over!

the abundant life
Back to Top View KellyinPA's Profile Search for other posts by KellyinPA

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: March 08 2007 at 6:45pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Chari wrote:

Angie......PLEEEEEASE come camping! WOW, I just realized JP's 2nd bday is on the way.......wow!

I feel like excuse-maker-woman...this year we aren't doing any extended trips because dh's work has him traveling a lot. We'll be staying close to home and doing short trips. Which gets me to...

Erica Sanchez wrote:
Absolutely, Angie! You must promise that the very next time you are here you will tell us!

What are your chances of camping? We will be going for the first time! :)

Dh's job ALMOST had a trip to San Diego set up for this June, but it has been changed to Santa Fe. But, I still think we can get to SD this year. I'll just have to figure out how to get together with you all. I get stranded on the Navy base without a vehicle while dh is working and no one can visit unless they have a military ID. We'll just have to figure out something! I want to be able to come back and add to my numbers on this thread, LOL.

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Wendy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 09 2007 at 8:59am | IP Logged Quote Wendy

Let's see, I've met Kristen in TN (at Dinosaurland, when she still lived in Virginia), Hollee, Lissa (and her husband and adorable little boy), Molly (very briefly at NACHE one year), Michele Q. (also very briefly at NACHE one year) and Molly Smith -- who has to be one of the sweetest women in the world -- just a week ago. I've also seen Elizabeth and MacBeth at NACHE, but was too shy to go up and introduce myself.   

Momma to Grace, Sam, Ben, Maggie, Mary Cate, and Jamie
Back to Top View Wendy's Profile Search for other posts by Wendy

Kristen in TN
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 11 2007 at 7:40pm | IP Logged Quote Kristen in TN

Hi Wendy!

Remember when I saw you in church that night? I was the lady staring at you, but wasn't sure it was you because, after all, you weren't in a van or at Dinosaur land! LOL!

God bless,
Kristen in TN
Back to Top View Kristen in TN's Profile Search for other posts by Kristen in TN Visit Kristen in TN's Homepage

Wendy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 12 2007 at 9:54am | IP Logged Quote Wendy

Yep, because I was having the same problem. "hmm.... she looks familiar." But no large vehicle, no huge plaster prehistoric creatures....

Momma to Grace, Sam, Ben, Maggie, Mary Cate, and Jamie
Back to Top View Wendy's Profile Search for other posts by Wendy

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: March 16 2007 at 5:22pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

I just updated my original post to include Margot Helene! Sheesh...we met in PA in no connection to this board, and now we're both here, with Margot working with Cay on Catholic Mosaic. How cool is that?

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 25 2011 at 8:33am | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

Resurrecting a very old thread...

I have finally met 4ladsmom - after many years of chatting on these boards and on the phone. She and her son are staying the weekend with us - and what can I say..it is like we have known each other all our lives. Of course we are both constantly talking..Her son is also a wonderful young man - a great advertisment for homeschooling teens.

It was great to meet so many 4realers at the recent IHM too - many of whom I only see once a year at the IHM. I also met someone I had never seen from these boards- it was funny as we were at the same talks and kept bumping into each other everywhere. She gave off "kindred spirit" vibes - we started talking and found out that we sort of "knew" each other from 4real.

Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

Lisbet
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 25 2011 at 9:05am | IP Logged Quote Lisbet

Thanks for popping this back up Marilyn - btw WHERE have you been???

I've met Bridget - our kids attend HEP together and our daughters became fast friends! - and Bridget - well, she's so very genuine and gracious (and oh so patient with my scatterbrain! LOL!)

Abby, 15
Gabe, 13
Isaac, 11
Mary, 10
Sam, 9
Henry, 7
Molly, 6
Mark, 5
Greta, 3
Cecilia born 10.29.10
Josephine born 6.11.12
Back to Top View Lisbet's Profile Search for other posts by Lisbet

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 25 2011 at 9:12am | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

Congrats to you for your new additions since I last "talked' with you.

As for Bridget - I would LOVE to meet her.

Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

Lara Sauer
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 27 2011 at 8:06pm | IP Logged Quote Lara Sauer

I think that I have met between 4-10 of you wonderful ladies out in the open...but I don't know many of your nom de plumes, so it is possible, that being in the DC area, I have met way more than that!

Here's hoping to meet more of you!

Cheers!

4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 28 2011 at 9:47am | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

HI All!

Just wanted to say how wonderful it was to stay at Marilyn’s house and meet her sweet, sweet family! We had a terrific time in DC and feel blessed that Marilyn’s hospitality was what enabled us to make this trip for a film festival that my son had won entry into.....what a great weekend!!

I have had the great pleasure of meeting Bridget as well...what a sweetheart! You all have been a terrific blessing to me over the years!

leanne maree
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 29 2011 at 4:58am | IP Logged Quote leanne maree

I must say this is a great little poll.

I have met 6 mums from this forum IRL.
Last year Erin posted about a few of us meeting up at a homeschool camp in northern NSW.

It is such a Blessing,

Leanne

http://leannemaree.blogspot.com/
Back to Top View leanne maree's Profile Search for other posts by leanne maree Visit leanne maree's Homepage

martinas6
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Aug 26 2011 at 2:01pm | IP Logged Quote martinas6

haven't met any in real life buuuttt...I think it would be a good idea to create a 4real group on Facebook.That way I could connect more "faces" to the moms I've gleaned so much help from here on the boards

http://www.mamax9.blogspot.com
Back to Top View martinas6's Profile Search for other posts by martinas6 Visit martinas6's Homepage

<< Prev Page of 7 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version