Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
We Pray to the Lord
 4Real Forums : We Pray to the Lord
Subject Topic: Publicly Begging Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Donna Marie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Jan 27 2007 at 11:57am | IP Logged Quote Donna Marie

You lovely ladies are such a heartwarming encouragment for me! Bridget, I am praying for you every day! I am keeping all of you lovely ladies in my prayers.

I am still healing after 3 difficult pregnancies and I wish I could just jump right in and try again....I did do that twice after the first difficult time (dc#5 and my 4th pregnancy) I know I can't. I have to lose some weight and get in shape ..and so I am.

Some of you may remember me begging for prayers at the end of my last pregnancies. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't swallow, My adrenaline would run without my permission. I was not "stressed out" in the least. My body acted as if it were allergic to the pregnancy. I was literally asked by God the last time as He wanted to send me a gift. I said yes as I would not deny God anything.

Right now I am in training for a marathon should I be called to run it. I am trying to strengthen my muscles and replenish my body. I am dreaming of a beautiful pregnancy next time and I hope that does become a reality some day. I know I can't just jump ahead (unless God has other plans) and get pregnant as I have to care for 7 children...some of them have issues that need a strong Mommy to deal with them. Funny thing is, I haven't had that feeling that someone is missing for the first time. I know when I start counting them 3 times again, that it may just be time to try again. I hope I still have time. I will be 37 in two months.

Sorry this is so long, but I am hoping that anyone that has any good credible body replenishment information (like Kim Fry maybe?) would help me win my race! I make homemade food and am learning many great things..I am greedy though...I want to learn more....not just for myself, but for anyone else that may need it!

Bless you all! You have blessed my life in oh so many ways! {{{{HUGS}}}}

God Love You!
Donna Marie from NJ
hs momma to 7dc

Finding Elegant Simplicity
Back to Top View Donna Marie's Profile Search for other posts by Donna Marie Visit Donna Marie's Homepage

Jane Ramsey
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 27 2007 at 12:14pm | IP Logged Quote Jane Ramsey

God bless you, Donna. You are right to focus on trying to get your body back in shape for another pregnancy if it should come. I am trying to do the same, though I have not really had a difficult time with my pregnancies, but I know any extra weight puts extra stress on you when you're expecting. I know bulking up on the fiber and cutting down on fat and sugar always helps me to lose. I'm 38 but still feel--and hope!--that I have some good childbearing years left!
Prayers for you and your family!
Back to Top View Jane Ramsey's Profile Search for other posts by Jane Ramsey

stefoodie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Jan 27 2007 at 1:01pm | IP Logged Quote stefoodie

Praying, Donna.

mom to five
Back to Top View stefoodie's Profile Search for other posts by stefoodie Visit stefoodie's Homepage

Nina Murphy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 27 2007 at 2:35pm | IP Logged Quote Nina Murphy

Donna Marie,

God bless you for writing that---it really spoke to me! I have spoken of feeling like pregnancy was almost "toxic" to me (and my last, Andrew's--I physically retched without anything coming up until the day I delivered)---I so envy those women who are glowing and on that pregnancy pillow-high. I have never experienced it.    

Someone, anyone, have ideas for strengthening and vibrant pregnancies, do speak up and share your wisdom and inspiration so we can joyfully be open to these gifts without fear or counting the cost.

and 2 yet-to-be-met
Back to Top View Nina Murphy's Profile Search for other posts by Nina Murphy

nissag
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 27 2007 at 3:26pm | IP Logged Quote nissag

I'm no expert, at least not yet . If you aren't nursing, I highly recommend cleansing, starting with a colon cleanse, moving on to a liver cleanse, and fasting each weekend (not a total fast, a liquified food fast) to give the body a break. Fasting that way allows the body to divert energy to repairing and strengthening as well as the digestion of necrotic cells in the body. It takes about 3 months to do and you may well feel miserable. In order to do it properly, I'd highly recommend finding a Naturopathic Doctor that can guide you through it.

Donna Marie knows that the last time I did that (and switched my diet), my arthritis remitted and fertility signs returned. I became pregnant with my Sophie and had a great pregnancy, delivery and recovery. Then I got pregnant again when she was 8 months, which resulted in our chunky little Louis.

Vitamin E rich foods are a good idea. For whatever reason, they seem to help sustain pregnancy. Perhaps they stimulate the manufacture of progesterone?

At any rate, that's my .02... I hope it helps!

At Home With the Gadbois Family

Back to Top View nissag's Profile Search for other posts by nissag Visit nissag's Homepage

Nina Murphy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 27 2007 at 3:42pm | IP Logged Quote Nina Murphy

Nissa,

Just speaking for ME: That SO helps. I know it seems so unbelievably coincidental, but a few days ago my husband was saying I needed to do a Colon Cleanse (I have always had digestive issues: irritable bowel, a congenital hernia, and severe diverticulitis in my family---my dad had 11" of his colon removed!) and he even was saying, maybe something radical like more of a sustained juice fast to "shake things up"!!!

Wow---I think I need to seriously consider this.

FOOD (no pun intended ) for thought.

Thanks for contributing this.

I'm not one of those who is begging God for conception right now, but I am certainly in the leagues of having childbearing /fertile years still left and a fertile track record (of course, no one can take anything for granted, it can change at any moment acc. to God's good pleasure!) And it is good to know oneself and prepare well. The proverbs 31 woman: ...she laughs at the days to come....

and 2 yet-to-be-met
Back to Top View Nina Murphy's Profile Search for other posts by Nina Murphy

MarieC
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 27 2007 at 8:33pm | IP Logged Quote MarieC

Prayers for all of you "greedy" ladies. I am getting eager for a new baby as well; but as our youngest is only 9 months old, I haven't started cycling yet and dh is not so "greedy" right now, I suppose I will have to wait. You all are so heartwarming....in this culture of children being a burden it's so wonderful to see moms in "huge" families longing for more.

Out in the Orchard
Back to Top View MarieC's Profile Search for other posts by MarieC

ALmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Jan 29 2007 at 1:45am | IP Logged Quote ALmom

Well for the moms wanting to improve the health - seems so related to all of our begging requests (and a witness to gracious surrender to the will of God which is really the bottom line for all of us), that I really think we should include you in our prayers for each other. The request just strikes me as so related to ours. Specifically prayed a hail Mary for you two now. Thanks for your posting and your prayers.

Janet
Back to Top View ALmom's Profile Search for other posts by ALmom

Ruth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 04 2007 at 4:58pm | IP Logged Quote Ruth

Praising God for our new blessing, and continued prayers for everyone here. Thank you, Bridget for starting this thread. God bless you, dear friend.

Lovely lady of La Leche, most loving mother the Child Jesus, and my Mother, listen to my humble prayer. Your motherly heart knows my every wish, my every need. To you only, His spotless Virgin Mother, has your Divine Son given to understand the sentiments which fill my soul. Yours was the sacred privilege of being the Mother of the Saviour. Intercede with Him now, my loving Mother, that, in accordance with His will, I may become the mother of other children of our heavenly Father. This I ask, O Lady of La Leche, in the Name of your Divine Son, My Lord and Redeemer. Amen.

mom to 7 miracles

My family blog

Loreto Rosaries
Back to Top View Ruth's Profile Search for other posts by Ruth Visit Ruth's Homepage

benedicta
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 04 2007 at 5:39pm | IP Logged Quote benedicta

Praying for you, Bridget.
Back to Top View benedicta's Profile Search for other posts by benedicta

SeaStar
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: March 05 2007 at 6:55am | IP Logged Quote SeaStar

praying also

SQUILT Music Appreciation
Back to Top View SeaStar's Profile Search for other posts by SeaStar

onemoretracy
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: March 05 2007 at 7:10pm | IP Logged Quote onemoretracy

I am so incredibly touched by this thread. It is a breath of heavenly air.

In my past I selfishly cut off my precious gift of fertility. My DH and I are praying for insight into what the Lord is calling us to do next. While I would love to have more children on one hand, I am fearful and selfish too. It is awesome and inspiring to read the very personal requests for a new baby from so many women I respect and admire.

My sincere prayer is for a new baby for all of you. God bless you all.

DS Ryan-9
DS Luke-6
DD Laine-6
DD Mary Clare-3
DD Sara (Dec.6 '08)
My Blog
Back to Top View onemoretracy's Profile Search for other posts by onemoretracy

mrsgranola
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 15 2007 at 1:28pm | IP Logged Quote mrsgranola

Do I dare post that you can add me to the "begging" list, too? I had my first cycle back last month (23 mos) and it was the longest lactational ammenhorea I've had. We'd love another and our health ins. company is going screwy right now with my OB/GYN and hospital so I'm not even sure how soon to wish for (so we'd have coverage).

EDITED: I also meant to add earlier that I had a really strange dream last night that really caused me to think more about being open to life in our culture. I dreamed that my miscarried child was appearing to me ever so often, in a real, physical sense, and everyone thought I had lost my mind! It was very strange... first the baby was a small fetus and then he/she would grow before my eyes into a newborn size child. Our priest was in the dream also, protecting me from the scrutiny and glare of others.

;-)
JoAnna

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 15 2007 at 3:27pm | IP Logged Quote Chari

Welcome to the begging list, Joanna! Nice company here!

momtomany
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 16 2007 at 10:05am | IP Logged Quote momtomany

Can I be added to the begging list??
I will be praying for all here.

Chari
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 16 2007 at 12:13pm | IP Logged Quote Chari

Of course, Mary Ann! Welcome to you, too!

MEBarrett
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 16 2007 at 12:25pm | IP Logged Quote MEBarrett

I would like to be added to the begging list. We need to discern GOd's will for us in this, my will is to have at least 7 more....

Tales from the Bonny Blue House
O Night Divine
Back to Top View MEBarrett's Profile Search for other posts by MEBarrett Visit MEBarrett's Homepage

Bridget
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: April 16 2007 at 12:26pm | IP Logged Quote Bridget

I'm begging for all of us!

Back to Top View Bridget's Profile Search for other posts by Bridget Visit Bridget's Homepage

Kristen in TN
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 17 2007 at 11:16am | IP Logged Quote Kristen in TN

I'm praying for you as well as several others in that situation.

My story is that I am the youngest of 9. #8 is 7 1/2 years older than me. My mother had a miscarriage about 3 years before I came along. She was 45 when she had me. There is always hope.

God bless,
Kristen in TN
Back to Top View Kristen in TN's Profile Search for other posts by Kristen in TN Visit Kristen in TN's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 4
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version