Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Favorite Christmas Toys Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
MacBeth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Probably at the beach...

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Dec 29 2006 at 1:28pm | IP Logged Quote MacBeth

almamater wrote:

Oooh, what a cool looking book, MacBeth! I see in the reviews, though, that it favors the eastern birds, so I wonder, is it worth it for the Texan birders? My son would love a book like this!

Now, see, I read through it and thought that it had quite a nice selection of nation-wide birds, and that it lacked the usual eastern bias. It even includes some Hawaiian birds. I guess most are found east of the Mississippi as I look now, yet some are found across the US.

Nature Study
MacBeth's Blog
Back to Top View MacBeth's Profile Search for other posts by MacBeth Visit MacBeth's Homepage

KellyinPA
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Dec 29 2006 at 2:03pm | IP Logged Quote KellyinPA

The five yos are enjoying the 200 pc. Magnitex set, a set of wooden sword and shields, remote controlled cars (really fast, only for outside!) and the castle and pirate TOOBS from Michaels:)

Blessings,
Kelly
mom to 6 in PA
Back to Top View KellyinPA's Profile Search for other posts by KellyinPA

marihalojen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Dec 29 2006 at 4:40pm | IP Logged Quote marihalojen

A fellow cruiser gave me a lesson and supplies for Needle Tatting which is so much easier that shuttle tatting, I can actually do it!

So can Marianna but I'm having more fun with it right now as she is busy with her Art Sets, so many different books/sets. She does need more colored pencils though...

Dh and she are fighting over this highly successful book - The Boy Mechanic: 200 Classic Things to Build - (ignore the boy part) it is absolutely the coolest browsing book of the year!

SSR = Sailing, Snorkling, Reading
Back to Top View marihalojen's Profile Search for other posts by marihalojen Visit marihalojen's Homepage

teachingmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Virginia Bluebells

Posted: Dec 30 2006 at 12:04am | IP Logged Quote teachingmom

The girls' favorite gift is not a toy, but a real digital camera that I got for the price of shipping from right here on the trading post. They are having so much fun with it. Thanks so much, Kelly!

To go with that, they received lots of scrapbooking paper, markers, and a fiskar paper cutting set.

Books and dvds for the entire family were favorites. I ended up doing my part to keep the Betsy-Tacy books in print and bought three more for our collection this year.

My 6yo and 8yo received new paper dolls (Little Women and Pride and Prejudice) that are being played with quite a bit.

My 3yo ballerina-wanna-be loves her new ballet shoes. She starts a short introductory ballet class (a gift from my parents) at a local rec center next week.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version