Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: School with "Morning Sickness" Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Glenn
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Oct 19 2006 at 6:38pm | IP Logged Quote Glenn

Sarah,

I will pray for you too. I am in the same boat. I am finding that mealtimes when my husband is home is a great time for learning. He just teaches them all kinds of things. Also, before nap and bedtimes, while I am lying down, I just listen to them tell me about everything on their minds. I can't talk very well because of the nausea, but they are such a joy to listen to. The big kids practice their violins along with their CDs rather than having me involved, and they like it. Also, my oldest, who is 6 loves to play school, and she actually teaches her siblings! They love to do this and it sure works for me. Hang in there, and be assured of prayers.

KC in TX
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 19 2006 at 8:54pm | IP Logged Quote KC in TX

Congratulations, Sarah!!! I've had all day nausea, but nothing compared to what you have gone through. Will pray for you and all expectant mothers.

Michaela ('01)
Emma ('03)
Jordan ('05)
And, my 2 angels, Rose ('08) and Mark ('09)

The Cabbage Patch
Back to Top View KC in TX's Profile Search for other posts by KC in TX

Marybeth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 20 2006 at 4:06am | IP Logged Quote Marybeth

Sarah,

I haven't experienced "morning sickness" per say but did help my sister and a dear friend when they were sick.

My friend sounds exactly like you! I will be praying for you!!

One thing that did help my friend was getting acupuncture. It did "stir up" things up the first time she went. This is very common with acupuncture because the body tends to get aggravated at first before it can begins to heal. She felt well just two weeks later.

I am praying for you.

God bless,

Marybeth

Sarah
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 20 2006 at 9:42am | IP Logged Quote Sarah

I'm so discouraged this morning . It helps to read your words of encouragement.

Its easy to tell myself right now that every year of my homeschooling career has either been sick or holding a baby and sometimes I feel like I'm just not getting anything done . Sometimes I wonder if this is all a joke and I'm really doing something detrimental to my kids. Extended family think we're nuts and either blatantly or subtly suggest that this whole large family thing is not a good idea. Of course, I know in my heart that they're wrong, but I've having one of those moments this morning where I really feel like I just can't do this. I want to runaway (and go where? ).

I had so many plans for everyone this year. Ds8 was going to get special attention to learn to read, we were going to try to get to the library frequently for lots of books, we were going to do units, crafts, outdoor activities. Now, reality hits and I'll be lucky if we read a book aloud.

I am so sorry for sounding so whiny. I just need someone to listen. I could never say this to my own mother, sister, or MIL. They think I'm nuts anyway.

Thanks for listening.

Back to Top View Sarah's Profile Search for other posts by Sarah

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version