Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Welcome Julia Margaret! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
MEBarrett
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Oct 04 2006 at 10:41am | IP Logged Quote MEBarrett

Congratulations Irene !!!

Tales from the Bonny Blue House
O Night Divine
Back to Top View MEBarrett's Profile Search for other posts by MEBarrett Visit MEBarrett's Homepage

teachingmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Virginia Bluebells

Posted: Oct 06 2006 at 5:10pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmom

Thank you, everyone, for the wonderful welcoming messages! What a blessing to have you all praying for us and waiting to "meet" our newest addition. We are all thrilled with our newest girl. I constantly have the hands of many loving big sisters waiting and hoping to hold our little one, so except for the concern that she will get waaay too spoiled , I think she will be the most loved and cuddled baby one could imagine.

Julia's birth was so quick and easy -- I know your prayers had a lot to do with it. I went in early Monday morning for the induction. After starting my epidural, they started the pitocin at 8:30 and she was born a few minutes before 11am! One blessing was that our pastor came by about a half hour before Julia was born with Holy Communion for dh and me and our pro-life Catholic OB. What a wonderful way to send her into the world. (Couldn't have done that without an epidural. ) When Father left, I let the doctor know that it felt like time for the show. And our precious bundle arrived minutes later!

And God must be laughing at me for all my worries over her size. She was born at 8lb. 13 oz. and 21 3/4 inches long, with adorable round cheeks, a hint of a double chin, and chubby thighs! (And that was at only 39 weeks.) She has a head of dark hair, and very much resembles our baby pictures of dd #2 and dd #4.

The funny thing about that is that I am a mixture of Irish and Italian. Dh is almost all Irish. Thus far our girls had alternated between fair and Irish looking and golden-skinned and more Italian looking. If Julia follows the pattern, as it looks like she will, we will have six girls, perfectly alternating between fair and dark. I really like the symmetry of that.

The one concern since her birth occured yesterday when we took her for her first pediatrician appt. I had noticed that she was a bit jaundiced, but wasn't worried. But the doctor was worried and sent me right back to the hospital lab to have a bilirubin (sp?) test. By then I was beginning to worry that the reading would be so high that she'd have to be readmitted to the hospital. Thankfully, the results were in the OK range to stay home and wait and see. If you all would say a little prayer that she doesn't get worse and the jaundice goes away quickly, I'd really appreciate it.

Oh, that . . . and maybe a prayer that she figures out that she should save those long blocks of sleep for the night and not waste them on the day, while staying awake so much at night.

Thanks so much for all your support and prayers this pregnancy. I feel so blessed.

MacBeth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Probably at the beach...

Posted: Oct 06 2006 at 5:52pm | IP Logged Quote MacBeth

Belated congrats, Irene! Welcome Julia! I feel like making a punnet square for your girls' genetics!   

Nature Study
MacBeth's Blog
Back to Top View MacBeth's Profile Search for other posts by MacBeth Visit MacBeth's Homepage

ALmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 06 2006 at 7:56pm | IP Logged Quote ALmom

Congratulations - and prayers that the bilirubin levels are normal and no concern. (When you go back in don't dress her in yellow! Just a hint from one of my midwives - makes the coloring look more jaundiced than it is). I think we put our girl in blue for that doc visit.

Janet
Back to Top View ALmom's Profile Search for other posts by ALmom

Karen E.
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 06 2006 at 8:52pm | IP Logged Quote Karen E.

Congratulations, Irene, and welcome to your sweet new bundle! You sound so happy!

The penpals here will eagerly await further reports of cuddles, hugs and spoiling.

Visit my blog, with its shockingly clever title, "Karen Edmisten."
Back to Top View Karen E.'s Profile Search for other posts by Karen E. Visit Karen E.'s Homepage

TracyQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 08 2006 at 8:16am | IP Logged Quote TracyQ

Oh,. what a beautiful name! CONGRATS Irene and family, adn welcome to your new precious one!

homeschooling in 15th year in Buffalo, NY
Back to Top View TracyQ's Profile Search for other posts by TracyQ

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 08 2006 at 10:40am | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

Congratulations Irene! What a lovely name! Hope you are recovering well.

Marilyn
Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 3
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version