Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Moving to Cary, North Carolina Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Jenn Sal
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 07 2007 at 9:47am | IP Logged Quote Jenn Sal

JoAnna,

You know I'm up for getting together ! I would love to meet you and your family and see your amazing new home! How exciting it sounds to be able to meet some faces from this board !

amyable
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 07 2007 at 10:43am | IP Logged Quote amyable

I thought of one more thing - everywhere I go here, people make less than pleasant remarks about my family size ("curious" to "downright rude" ). And there are only four of them! Just wait until I start showing for real...

Are people more polite there? Do you ladies get comments on having more than the average # of kids? Do people do things like honk at you the moment the light changes, or think they can just say whatever comes to their mind even when it's rude? Or is there still some Southern gentility left?

The way I'm feeling right now, I'm thinking I'll just pack everyone up and move to NC now, and wait for my DH to catch up with me, LOL!

Back to Top View amyable's Profile Search for other posts by amyable

Jenn Sal
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 07 2007 at 3:36pm | IP Logged Quote Jenn Sal

Amy,

I come from the north east where everyone is rude . Seriously, peolpe are much happier here. I have yet to deal with rude drivers. The people at the grocery stores are more than happy to help you. My husband and I still pinch ourselves when someone greets us with a smile.

Most people here are from the north, but the southern hospitality is in the air! A wonderful place to raise your family. Speaking of family, I have three children as of Feb. 4th . I get the comment, "Will you have more?" or I get, "What a beautiful family." You get both perspectives. There's plenty of large families (more than two ) at my church and through T.O.R.C.H.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version