Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: Houses/fitting everyone in/Moving Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Lisbet
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Oct 18 2006 at 10:11am | IP Logged Quote Lisbet

WOOOOHOOOO!!! So happy for your family Erin! (...and a tad green! )

Abby, 15
Gabe, 13
Isaac, 11
Mary, 10
Sam, 9
Henry, 7
Molly, 6
Mark, 5
Greta, 3
Cecilia born 10.29.10
Josephine born 6.11.12
Back to Top View Lisbet's Profile Search for other posts by Lisbet

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 18 2006 at 10:41am | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

Congrats, Erin! That is so wonderful!!!!

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Oct 18 2006 at 3:03pm | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

Great news Erin. 140 acres sounds wonderful - my kids would think they were in paradise! Think of all that nature study in your own back yard!

Marilyn
Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

Erin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Oct 23 2006 at 2:13am | IP Logged Quote Erin

JennGM wrote:

You are questioning bookcases? Just remember, they can fit in Mommy and Daddy's room, too. I'd just squeeze them in anywhere you can!

Jenn
I would if I could but our room is so small the baby will have to fit in the bay window, I don;t even think I can fit bedside tables next to our bed. I thought as it came to a choice between baby and bookcases, well the baby would have to come first.

On an update note, we are now not too certain that it will happen as property values have fallen so has the value of our house. The bank valuer was here today so if he doesn't see it as high enough then we won't have enough in the house as equity. I feel a sense of peace though. What will be will be. I'll just see it as a sign and if we can;t well that door is finally closed and we can settle down and enjoy what we have here. There are other ways we could do it but they are difficult and would involve not building for five years. I couldn't do that, the price would be too high. I can handle 12 months in a small house but that is it.

Back to Top View Erin's Profile Search for other posts by Erin Visit Erin's Homepage

nissag
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 28 2006 at 1:07pm | IP Logged Quote nissag

We're looking forward to moving, too. We have six children, and have a family business in addition to homeschooling. We live in a wee little cape cod style house on a little over an acre and I admit to being just about demented with it much of the time. We have been looking and looking for a farm over the past couple of years. What was "perfect" when we started is no longer perfect - families change so much with births, and home-leaving, changing ages and needs.

We found a beautiful 40 acre farm that we like very, very much. It is not ideal - though it's darned close. The kitchen is poorly planned and the land isn't laid out ideally. However, there is a large barn and... a SCHOOLROOM! So there are always tradeoffs.

Things are made easier by the fact that my husband works from home. Commute time is no longer a consideration. We've had to be creative about how we approach the use of the farm, but that turned out to be more fun than painful...

Right now we manage by policing the house for clutter - a task that takes WAY too much of our time. We muddle through with very little personal space and try not to step on each others' toes literally and figuratively. Unfortunately, preventing World War III is also a time and labor intensive task. It's working for now, but I also feel the need for a swift change...

Back to Top View nissag's Profile Search for other posts by nissag Visit nissag's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version