Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Catholic Charlotte Mason website-ideas? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Aug 24 2006 at 2:12pm | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

Bridget wrote:
1999. I think that was the year I joined. Right after Blaise was born.

Chelsea was born late 1997. I suffered some bad depression in June 1998. Dh bought us our first computer sometime that summer. I think I found the site and joined the eloop in fall 1998. But, since this site is dated 1999, perhaps it was early 1999. Unless there was an earlier one with the picture of St. Therese's family on it. That the first one I remember.

mom to 5
Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks
Back to Top View Cay Gibson's Profile Search for other posts by Cay Gibson Visit Cay Gibson's Homepage

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 24 2006 at 2:24pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

Cay Gibson wrote:
Chelsea was born late 1997. I suffered some bad depression in June 1998. Dh bought us our first computer sometime that summer. I think I found the site and joined the eloop in fall 1998. But, since this site is dated 1999, perhaps it was early 1999. Unless there was an earlier one with the picture of St. Therese's family on it. That the first one I remember.

It could have been fall 1998 Cay.

The CCM loop was founded in Nov. 1998 - right after I made a fuss on the main (Protestant) CM loop about their celebrating "Reformation Day". Elizabeth then outed herself to me as a Catholic and the rest is history. . .

If I could remember where I hosted that first website I would look for it. The only reason I knew where to find the one I linked earlier was because it's still linked on another site and I just happened to see it yesterday.

BTW elizabeth I just realized that the link to the booklist via your blog IS working (because it's actually on MacBeth's Tripod site) so anyone looking for it can click through there.

God bless,

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Aug 24 2006 at 2:28pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

MicheleQ wrote:
BTW elizabeth I just realized that the link to the booklist via your blog IS working (because it's actually on MacBeth's Tripod site) so anyone looking for it can click through there.

God bless,

I caught that too, when I went to update the typelist. The address is the same. It's just the domain name that would be gone. I can transfer all the content and as long as MacBeth maintains the tripod site, the book links are safe. Some of the content is really long, as in entire transcripts of talks. I'd like to gather all of those. They represent a lot of work and I'm not speaking any more, so I'm not going to give them again.They seem too long for a blog post though. I guess they could be a sidebar link to a Word file??

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 24 2006 at 2:29pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

Elizabeth wrote:
Cay,
I'm so glad my procrastination is bearing such fruit . It is fun to remember. Michele, how many babies ago was that? I was pregnant with Stephen (who was named on the CCM list), so that's four for me...

Oh my, I wasn't even pregnant with Maggie when we started. Counting my little one in utero that's four babies ago for me as well. And my oldest child was 14 . . . he's 21 now. Gosh I'm feeling old.

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Aug 24 2006 at 2:30pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

Oh, and the Reformation Day post nailed it, but it was really Michele's glowing review of a Michael O'Brien book earlier that tipped me off and made me think there was a kindred spirit on that very Protestant list after all...

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 24 2006 at 2:31pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

Elizabeth wrote:
They represent a lot of work and I'm not speaking any more, so I'm not going to give them again.They seem too long for a blog post though. I guess they could be a sidebar link to a Word file??

Yes, and/or a PDF file (some people prefer that). I think that would work well and you can keep them on a disk in case you ever lose the online stuff.

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 24 2006 at 2:53pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

Elizabeth wrote:
Oh, and the Reformation Day post nailed it, but it was really Michele's glowing review of a Michael O'Brien book earlier that tipped me off and made me think there was a kindred spirit on that very Protestant list after all...

It turned out there were quite a few huh? This is weird timing but I actually re-joined the main CM list just last night because I was looking for a book review (which I didn't find). I haven't unsubbed yet and I spent some time digging around. There were several familiar names there. None of the posts from 1998 are there though because that was about the time that the group went from Onelist to e-groups (which is now Yahoo).

And now I need to get back to work!

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 24 2006 at 2:57pm | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

Cay Gibson wrote:
Did this page have a picture of the Martin family (a drawing by Celine Martin)? It's showing a red X now.

No, the link location says it was a chalice.

OK now I really DO have to get busy! Although I feel like I need a nap.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version