Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Skin care products/regimen Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Jenny
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Aug 21 2006 at 11:04pm | IP Logged Quote Jenny

I have started using Arbonne I am not a make up person, or even a take-care-of-my-face-person    My big splurge when I went to the hospital to have a baby was a bar of Dove soap!
But, I started using Arbonne & noticed a huge difference in my skin. It was softer & smoother

They have a great anti aging line. It was listed in Oxygen Magazine as an alternative to plastic surgery!

Let me tell you what I have learned since starting Arbonne. Mineral Oil is in 98% of our skin care. It is refined crude oil & is cheap, thus the popularity. It can also mimick estrogen and is the 2nd leading cause of aging next to the sun. The 2nd second most common ingredient thought to be in our skin care is animal by product...yuck

You can only purchase through independent consultants so pm me if you'd like more info.

mary
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 22 2006 at 6:54am | IP Logged Quote mary

Sarah wrote:

Has anyone seen those creams that claim to decrease dark circles under eyes? There is supposed to be something natural in them to slowly make it better. Has anyone had luck with those? I'm thinking its vitamin C, but I can't remember. . .

i use a reflecting makeup to get rid of dark circles. it's Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat, Radiant Touch Stick. i love that stuff. it's pricey, $40 a tube, but the tube lasts forever even when you use it every day.
Back to Top View mary's Profile Search for other posts by mary

Jenny
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Aug 22 2006 at 8:57am | IP Logged Quote Jenny

oopps! I forgot to mention in my post that Arbonne does not have any mineral oil or animal by-products. It is a botanically based skin care line.

That's what I get for posting at 11 o'clock at night

Meredith
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 23 2006 at 4:23pm | IP Logged Quote Meredith

Elizabeth wrote:
Meredith,
I received a facial as a gift last year. When I finally went and cashed in just before it expired in the spring, the spa used dermatologica products. I had welts the size of quarters all over my face by the time I got home. I felt so sick that I just went to bed. When I got up, the welts were worse. I called the spa and they very nonchalantly said, "Oh, you, must have reacted to something."

Apparently so.

I know she exfoliated and I did see the difference (before the welts). I had been using a sugar crbu with essential oils to exfoliate. This got off a whole layer of skin the sugar didn't. But I can't deal with that kind of reaction...

I was too pregnant-nauseous-tired to go in there and investigate further.
Is this a rare occurrence?

Sorry so late on this I'm just now receiving all these emails, something weird happened here fors sure ELizabeth. I never had anything like this happen in my 10+ years in the salon. It's possible there was a chemical imbalance due to the pregnancy, but I would find that VERY rare. I'm really sorry you got that reaction from the staff as well, as In my mind it wasn't very professional considering you'd had such an adverse reaction. If I get to visit you, I'll treat you to one myself!!

Back to Top View Meredith's Profile Search for other posts by Meredith Visit Meredith's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version