Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: C-section support Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 22 2007 at 4:49pm | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

I am resurrecting this old thread too - what awesome advice - I am still trying to digest everything.

I do not usually have problems with the babies being the right way up - my little guy now is head down and moved down I believe (I will find out at the ob tomorrow). But I do have problems with long labor and heads getting stuck!! And I need to have a doctor that will work with me - I am hoping that because I had a VBAC (with vaccuum) last time, I will be given a bit longer. I am just getting a little antsy and anxious. It is encouraging to read about so many of you who have multiple c-sections bravely and happily.

The birth plan for the infant is new to me - but what a great idea.

I guess my C-Section was for preemies - I did not get to see or hold the babies until the next day and I am so scared of this happening again.

Also I cannot take Percoset - so the pain was awful.

I too want to be prepared for it so I do not feel all depressed and let down and a failure if I do not manage the VBAC. Thanks for all the great ideas.

Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: May 22 2007 at 5:30pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

MarilynW wrote:
Also I cannot take Percoset - so the pain was awful.

I haven't reread this thread, so forgive if I repeat myself.

I can't take Percoset either. I've found Darvoset, although not as strong, is the only one I can take. That paired with Ibuprofen works pretty well. Take a clock to remind yourself to ASK for the meds esp. if you have a c/s again. And bring arnica and take it before and after.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

missionfamily
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 22 2007 at 6:11pm | IP Logged Quote missionfamily

I do not have time to read this whole thread so I hope I am not too repetitive. I am almost three weeks after my fifth C-section so things are fresh for me. I have never had much trouble with recovery and everyone is always amaed at how quickly I am up and about. I think part of it is that I have nothing to compare it too, so it is just normal for me. I do however mae lots of requests to try to have some semblance of natural birth. I ask them to unstrap my arms so I can actually touch the baby, then dh knows to pull down my gown a little and actually lay the baby on my chest for a minute or two. I ask the nursery nurses not to bathe the baby or put clothes on him until I have had time for skin to skin contact and nursing. I ask them to bring him to me as soon as posible and let them know I will call them if need them...no one pops their head in to see if I want to send the baby back to the nursery! I ask them to complete all vital sign checks at my bedside...they don't need to have the baby in the nursery to do this. Oh, and I ask to walk myself to the OR and have the spinal done there. I don't know why, but I feel more in control that way...I hate being wheeled in on a stretcher and looking up at the ceiling while they move me when I am still quite capable of moving myself.
For this last section, my ob used only iternal sutures and surgical glue. It was my easiest recovery yet, with nothing pulling or tugging on my skin. Whatever is prescribed for pain I always ask for half the dosage at a time...if it isn't enough, i can always ask for more. I did not even fill the pain med prescription this time when I left the hospital, I just used Advil once I got home. I find the more I move and just start to act normal, the sooner I feel normal. Hope some of this helps...
Colleen
Back to Top View missionfamily's Profile Search for other posts by missionfamily Visit missionfamily's Homepage

Becky Parker
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 25 2007 at 7:36am | IP Logged Quote Becky Parker

Thanks for resurrecting this thread Marilyn! I'm about 6 weeks (or less) away from my 3rd c/s so I'm beginning to get a bit nervous. Here's a silly question... I am a bit, well I guess a lot, clausterphobic. I go absolutely nuts when they tie my arms down and they always have to just put me out. Is there any way to avoid this? Am I the only one that has a problem like this? It's funny but that, and the catheterization (spelling?) are the worst parts for me!

Back to Top View Becky Parker's Profile Search for other posts by Becky Parker

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 3
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version