Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Blog Pseudonyms Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Rebecca
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 23 2006 at 12:25am | IP Logged Quote Rebecca

Dawn wrote:
Rebecca wrote:
I doubt anyone is going to rob me of my copywritten material anyhow...I am not a famous author nor do I plan to become one. I can barely get myself bathed every day, let alone write a book.   

ROTFL, Rebecca!! Though this is a fine example of why you *should* think about writing a book - you have such a wonderful writing style!

Aw, shucks, Dawn! Thanks! I call my writing style "Vague Thoughts about Nothing Imparticular" or "The Wandering Mind".    

Dawn wrote:
I too have thought about that copyright thing ~ maybe changing it to DRH instead? I cannot believe anyone is looking to lift any of my posts, but truth be told, I do have a book percolating in the back of my mind ~ though I *highly* doubt it will find its way out of there!

OOH! OOH! Keep percolating! Any hints, pray tell?

Dawn wrote:
And if I remember correctly, isn't a blog copyright more of a deterrent than actual protection? I never filed any paperwork, for instance.

I think you could just do initials. Maybe Lissa would know. She is the blog expert extraordinaire! I didn't file anything either. I actually decided to remove my copyright notice from my blog. When I went to remove it today, I noticed that it had vanished. It wasn't in the sidebar at all. I don't know where it went but it was there the other day! Well, at least I don't have to remove it!
Back to Top View Rebecca's Profile Search for other posts by Rebecca

Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 23 2006 at 6:11am | IP Logged Quote Dawn

Karen E. wrote:
And I REALLY hate knowing that someone who is googling for p*rn related stuff has clicked to my page (I've seen that through Site Meter ... you can see what someone has Googled for). I'm sure they leave quickly when they see what my blog is, but still .... Yuck.

Are Site Meter reports the same thing as watching my stats and referrers at Typepad?

Back to Top View Dawn's Profile Search for other posts by Dawn

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: July 23 2006 at 6:34am | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

Karen E. wrote:
And I REALLY hate knowing that someone who is googling for p*rn related stuff has clicked to my page (I've seen that through Site Meter ... you can see what someone has Googled for). I'm sure they leave quickly when they see what my blog is, but still .... Yuck.

The closest I've come to this is when someone googled "I LOve Bobby Convey." I'm sure they were surpised to see who loves Bobby Convey and Bobby and I got a big giggle out of it. I WAS a bit disturbed to find the other things that come up when you google that phrase though...

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: July 23 2006 at 7:10am | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

I was thinking again about this when I was packing our pool bag, which has "Foss" monogrammed on it. When I called to order backpacks at LL Bean several years ago, the woman taking my order was adamant that I not monogram them. She said it was a bad idea for strangers to know my kids' names. Good point. It follows that it's probably not a good idea for anyone at the pool or the park to know our last name, huh? But we register at campgrounds...and when we were building our house, the builder put a sign out in the lot that said "future home of Foss Family." And my boys wear jerseys with their names on it when they play soccer and basketball and their names are printed in programs. I guess my point is that it's hard to keep their names from being public. Michael's entire player profile is up on the web because that's how college scouts access his player information. I couldn't get it to come up when I googled, though...Just thinking out loud.

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

Cici
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 23 2006 at 11:08am | IP Logged Quote Cici

Our last name is embroidered on our pool bag, too. And then there's me calling the kids across the pool - I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to put 2 and 2 together.

Me? I try not to think about it too much, or I'd go crazy.

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 25 2006 at 2:35pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Dawn wrote:
One thing I do is not have my blog "public" at Typepad which means they never mention it or publish updates about it. So mainly people find it because I tell them about it, or they link to me through another blog or I guess stumble on it through a search. One time someone found me when they searched for red squirrels!

Dawn, I just want to thank you for this. I have the two blogs, but only one was receiving spam. Nothing bad, just annoying. I rechecked my settings and it was set to publish updates on the main Blogspirit site. So, main problem solved. I do have my settings set to add to search engines, though.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version