Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
We Pray to the Lord
 4Real Forums : We Pray to the Lord
Subject Topic: Prayers for dh’s job situation-Update Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
momwise
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Aug 05 2006 at 9:29am | IP Logged Quote momwise

St. Joseph has performed miracles for my dh in the employment area. Praying for the same for you!

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Aug 05 2006 at 12:36pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

How did the interview go, Molly? Our family will continue to pray.

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 05 2006 at 5:49pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

Well, my husband called after the interview with the good news/bad news question (you know, which did I want first?)

The good news was the guy was very impressed with my husband and would love to bring him into the company. And the money would be good. The bad news was they don't actually have a position for him. So, he has to go out and find a contract that someone wants him to work on and then this company will pay him to work that contract. The ironic thing here is that, that is exactly what his current boss has told him to do.

So, we are really still in the same position, but if he finds a contract he has his choice of companies to present it to. Now to find a contract! This government contractor world is difficult to understand.

Please keep praying!

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Aug 05 2006 at 6:50pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Praying for LOTS of contracts...how's that?! Hang in there, Molly, you're all getting closer to where you need to be.

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 10 2006 at 4:04pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

Okay, now I am really getting nervous. One of the owners of my dh's company told him that they would keep him on until he found another job. That owner is now out of the country. The other owner turned around and told dh that he would be out of work come Aug 25 !

Now, we trust the first guy, but really aren't sure how long he can hold out against the other.

Court is looking for anything and everything now. The few leads he has had haven't turned up anything yet. He is even headed to an interview tomorrow which is about 150 miles from our house, and it probably isn't even something that would support us. He would have to take a part-time job as well. He is already talking about the price of apartments down there.

He is looking at other states, even other countries. The kids are worried and my teenager is emphatic that he is not moving again. We just bought our "dream house" last year and ds finally has a good friend within walking distance. He is already upset about not going back to public school.

I may end up looking for a job as well. I am an RN but haven't worked in 7 years. Fortunately, the hospitals are pretty desparate for nurses. Unfortunately, I have seven kids including a 3-month old baby that I don't want to leave for 8-12 hours a day.

Please keep praying. I am trying to stay positive and focus on the upcoming school year. I thought this would be the year where things would be stable and peaceful.

Remembering Today
Back to Top View teachingmyown's Profile Search for other posts by teachingmyown Visit teachingmyown's Homepage

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 10 2006 at 4:09pm | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

Oh, Molly, this breaks my heart.
You've been through so much.
Prayers going up.

mom to 5
Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks
Back to Top View Cay Gibson's Profile Search for other posts by Cay Gibson Visit Cay Gibson's Homepage

Taffy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 10 2006 at 4:57pm | IP Logged Quote Taffy

I'm sorry to hear this Molly.

For what it's worth, here in Canada, it's downright easy to find work right now - finding accomodation is the hard part.

I'm not sure what your husband does but jobs in construction and the oil rigs are really hot right now, especially in Alberta although Saskatchewan is not far behind.

Thought I'd mention this since you mentioned you're even considering moving out of the country... Although, for all your sakes, I'm praying that you'll be able to stay where you are now!

You're in my prayers.

Back to Top View Taffy's Profile Search for other posts by Taffy

Diane
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Aug 10 2006 at 5:00pm | IP Logged Quote Diane

Molly, I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm praying to St Joseph for you and Court. Hang in there!

The Journey of a Mother's Heart
Back to Top View Diane's Profile Search for other posts by Diane Visit Diane's Homepage

Victoria in AZ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 10 2006 at 6:14pm | IP Logged Quote Victoria in AZ

Praying, Molly. St. Joseph please intercede for Court!

Back to Top View Victoria in AZ's Profile Search for other posts by Victoria in AZ

teachingmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Virginia Bluebells

Posted: Aug 15 2006 at 11:41pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmom

Dear Molly,
I completely missed this last month. I am so sorry you are going through this trial. I'll pray that a new job comes through asap . . . and that they keep him employed at the old job until then. (And you know I can identify with the commute, so I'm hoping there's something much closer to home for him!)

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 17 2006 at 9:58am | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

My husband has two interviews today. The first one, at 11am, is for a position he is sure to get but it is even farther away! And it isn't even somewhere we could move closer to.

The second one we don't know a lot about but it would be easier to get to and we think it will pay well. There are a couple other prospects in the works.

Please pray that the right job comes along quickly. My fear is that he will feel pressured into taking something that will mean more driving and more time away.

Remembering Today

esperanza
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 17 2006 at 3:10pm | IP Logged Quote esperanza

teachingmyown wrote:

Please keep praying. I am trying to stay positive and focus on the upcoming school year. I thought this would be the year where things would be stable and peaceful.

I really feel for you, Molly. Still praying and hoping for the best!

Tammy Gonzalez in VA
dh-Johnny
mom to Tara-'85, Noelle-'88, Jeremy-'91, Elizabeth-'93, Emma-'96, Dominic-'99, Gabriel-'01, Elijah-03
and Jacinta-06
Back to Top View esperanza's Profile Search for other posts by esperanza

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: Aug 17 2006 at 3:13pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

Molly,
You have heartfelt, empathetic prayers from this house!

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 18 2006 at 6:10am | IP Logged Quote Dawn

Molly, we'll be praying!

Back to Top View Dawn's Profile Search for other posts by Dawn

KC in TX
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 18 2006 at 7:33am | IP Logged Quote KC in TX

Molly,

You have our prayers. What kind of government contract work does your dh do? My Army husband works with government contractors as an acquisiton officer.

Michaela ('01)
Emma ('03)
Jordan ('05)
And, my 2 angels, Rose ('08) and Mark ('09)

The Cabbage Patch
Back to Top View KC in TX's Profile Search for other posts by KC in TX

KASB
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Aug 18 2006 at 9:24am | IP Logged Quote KASB

Prayers continuing , Molly.

Blessings,
Kym
mom to 9 - 8 boys (23,13,10,8,7,4,3,1) and 1 girl (22)
Back to Top View KASB's Profile Search for other posts by KASB

Christine
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 18 2006 at 12:19pm | IP Logged Quote Christine

I am praying!

Pretty Lilla Rose
Back to Top View Christine's Profile Search for other posts by Christine Visit Christine's Homepage

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 24 2006 at 10:48am | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

Final update!!

Court got an offer letter today for a position in a small company that was really what he was looking for!

The downside is that his commute will be worse. However, he only has to commit to that location for a year and then he can try to find a contract closer to home. Also, he will have more than one site that he can work at, so if there's traffic in one direction he can head another that day. LOL! (For you local folks, he will be working at Bolling AFB, across the Wilson Bridge from VA. We are in Western Stafford County. Not an easy drive on the best day.)

The upside, besides just the fact that he won't be unemployed , is a BIG pay raise! And we won't have to move.

This company really seems to need his business development skills, so it looks like a good fit.

We will even get to spend a week at the Lake in-between jobs.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your prayers!

Remembering Today

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 24 2006 at 11:08am | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

So nice to be "hearing" good news on the job front.
Gives renewed meaning to "This too shall pass."

I suggest you and Court take all the children out for a celebrated night on the town, Molly.

mom to 5
Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks
Back to Top View Cay Gibson's Profile Search for other posts by Cay Gibson Visit Cay Gibson's Homepage

teachingmyown
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 24 2006 at 11:34am | IP Logged Quote teachingmyown

Do we have to take the kids?

Good idea Cay! Thanks!

Remembering Today

<< Prev Page of 3 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version