Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Mothering and Family Life
 4Real Forums : Mothering and Family Life
Subject Topic: VBAC success stories Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
rebeccaf10
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 08 2006 at 8:32pm | IP Logged Quote rebeccaf10

Hi Elizabeth,
I was wondering when you are due to have your baby girl? I am due around the 15th of September with a baby girl as well. I can't share with you on VBACs but I can tell you I had four c-sections and my first was the hardest. I tried a VBAC with my second. I found a few things to help me with my recovery. Don't eat or drink ice chips or cold water. Only have warm water, tea, coffee, hot choc., and broth until you have your first bowl movement. Then start eating things to make you regulated. Make sure you get up as often as you can and walk. Walk and walk and walk. May God be with you during this time.

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: July 08 2006 at 8:36pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

rebeccaf10 wrote:
I found a few things to help me with my recovery. Don't eat or drink ice chips or cold water. Only have warm water, tea, coffee, hot choc., and broth until you have your first bowl movement. Then start eating things to make you regulated. Make sure you get up as often as you can and walk. Walk and walk and walk.

Hi Rebecca. My sister has had 4 c/s also. I read some other advice, such as drinking molasses in warm water. I found eating prunes and drinking prune juice helped, even for my last laparoscopy. It takes a while for the body to heal, so keep things moving for a few weeks. That was one of my big mistakes with my c/s! And I didn't understand why didn't anyone tell me?

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

anniemm
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Sept 19 2006 at 1:58pm | IP Logged Quote anniemm

Hi Elizabeth!

I only have 2 children thus far, but my first baby was a c-section. I never prepared myself for that as even an option (so nieve!) and I did not respond well to having had one. My story is one that is sadly all too common, I had an intervention-happy OB combined with complete trust in the medical community (now I question *everything*). I was induced on my due date, and by dinner time when I wasn't appropriatly progressing, he decided I would "need" a c-section. Looking back, and having reviewed the situation with a new OB, I can say that it was entirely unnecessary. Only 9 months after she was born, I found myself pregnant again and fought tooth and nail to have a shot at a VBAC in a medical climate totally against it (Houston, TX area). My next DD was a hospital birth, and I'm sure I drove the staff crazy as I didn't do everything they wanted me to do lol. I had to be a rebel and fight for what I knew my body was made for. My first dd was 7 lb 12 oz and my OB said that my "bone structure" was all wrong (I'm short and sort of small - not as much after having babies lol). So, as I watched my sweet 9 lb. 4 oz. child be born the way she was intended to be, it was such a sweet moment!
I look forward to more VBAC's, however, I am not looking forward to having to fight that fight every time, it really wore me out emotionally lol.
Prayers for you as you prepare for your birth experience! You can do it!
Christ's peace-
Andrea
Back to Top View anniemm's Profile Search for other posts by anniemm Visit anniemm's Homepage

Sarah
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 19 2006 at 3:12pm | IP Logged Quote Sarah

Somehow I never saw this whole thread back in June! Where was I?

Anyway, I had a great VBAC last baby. It was high-tech, but somehow seemed so much less so than surgery. After having a C/S you are tougher and able to handle more intervention.

Back to Top View Sarah's Profile Search for other posts by Sarah

Rachel May
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Sept 19 2006 at 8:12pm | IP Logged Quote Rachel May

My sister in law had a lovely VBAC 13 months after the section. She had none of the complications she had had with her earlier vag births. Just keep your eyes on the prize, Elizabeth. We're praying for you!

Sharie
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Sept 19 2006 at 11:12pm | IP Logged Quote Sharie

Our first was a c-section after 24 hrs+ of labor. He was just stubborn I guess and wouldn't come out! Had 3 after that just fine!   I remember with #2, I was so determined to have him naturally that I was a bit over zealous with my pushing and tore.   So...don't do that. I did have him naturally though!!

The next 2 were just fine, no troubles at all and one was a 9lb girl.

With #5 I ended up with a c-section again because the cord prolapsed.

I was told by more than one doc that a VBAC was nothing to worry about....besides, you have all our prayers and a loving God on your side!

Blessings
Back to Top View Sharie's Profile Search for other posts by Sharie Visit Sharie's Homepage

hereinantwerp
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Sept 28 2006 at 5:24pm | IP Logged Quote hereinantwerp

baby number 1 was a c-sec after over 3 hours of pushing   . he was 9.5 pounds, had a huge head, and never even crowned. by that time, I did not care how they got him out and I was SO thankful to live in the modern age of C-sections.

my dr. talked me into VBAC with baby number 2. I was able to do it--just barely--this one was 9 pounds, but did not have such a big head.

baby number 3 at 7.5 pounds was sooooooooo much easier. I prayed specifically almost every day, please--a smaller baby!

blessings and prayers for your soon-coming birth!

Mother to Simon (13), Calvin (9), and Lyddie Rose (3)

my blog: live and learn
Back to Top View hereinantwerp's Profile Search for other posts by hereinantwerp Visit hereinantwerp's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version