Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
We Pray to the Lord
 4Real Forums : We Pray to the Lord
Subject Topic: For my daughter Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Online Status: Offline
Posted: June 10 2006 at 6:41pm | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

Oh, Wendi! Just when you had your hands full welcoming the little ones and helping them adjust.Many, many prayers coming your way. I have The Hobbit on CD and Lord of the Rings too if you want to borrow them. We also have a couple of the Redwall books...

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

Kelly
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 10 2006 at 11:05pm | IP Logged Quote Kelly

Praying for your daughter, Wendi. She (and you!) sound like real troupers.

In our continued prayers, Kelly in FL
Back to Top View Kelly's Profile Search for other posts by Kelly

jdostalik
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 11 2006 at 8:31am | IP Logged Quote jdostalik

Wendi,
Just saw this and want you to know that our family is praying for your family, esp. your daughter...You really seem to be handling this so well; God's grace, I'm sure!

Let the Little Ones Come

Back to Top View jdostalik's Profile Search for other posts by jdostalik Visit jdostalik's Homepage

Wendi DeGrandpr
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 11 2006 at 9:25pm | IP Logged Quote Wendi DeGrandpr

Elizabeth wrote:
I have The Hobbit on CD and Lord of the Rings too if you want to borrow them. We also have a couple of the Redwall books...

Elizabeth - thank you for the offer. We do have these books and our library has several Redwall and Narnia books on CD as well. I do appreciate your kind offer!!

Jordan loves all of the above mentioned books over and over and over again, and while I do appreciate that I would love to find something new to listen to. I guess that is more my issue than hers - she could read and/or listen to them all a million times without tiring.

She had a pretty good day today. We are having trouble keeping her numbers where they should be but it is all to be expected as we begin this journey. She has such a good attitude and I am happy to say that she is doing a great job of expressing her frustrations and at times sadness with these new challenges she is facing. She is not one to talk or really express feelings so this is new and imho a very necessary part of getting through all of this. She is growing through this experience right before my eyes. God is working through her but of course only He knows the plan. We are all trying very much to accept and live in His will. This is certainly the last thing I would have chosen with two new children in our home; but I keep telling myself that this has a purpose for all of us. Those of course are my good moments. In my bad moments I cry for my little girl who will have to deal with this every day of her life - a cross she has to bear - one I can only help her to learn to bear, but cannot bear for her. Believe me I do know this could be a lot worse and I am grateful this is a disease she can live with. Sorry for going on and on....

"We can do no great things - only small things with great love." Blessed Mother Teresa
Back to Top View Wendi DeGrandpr's Profile Search for other posts by Wendi DeGrandpr

Taffy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 11 2006 at 11:12pm | IP Logged Quote Taffy

Keeping Jordan and your family in my prayers Wendi. You sound very calm about the whole thing - I'm impressed! There's a lot of positive research happening in the diabetes world now and it seems to be becoming easier to live with. Nonetheless, I will be praying for a cure for Jordan.

Blessings,

Back to Top View Taffy's Profile Search for other posts by Taffy

kingvozzo
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 11 2006 at 11:42pm | IP Logged Quote kingvozzo

Just saw this Wendi. I will keep you and Jordan in my prayers as you adjust to these changes. It may seem a bit overwhelming, but God will give you strength.

Back to Top View kingvozzo's Profile Search for other posts by kingvozzo

lilac hill
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 12 2006 at 5:19am | IP Logged Quote lilac hill

wendi-
You have my prayers.
I have a nephew, now 7 diagnosed at 2, and a brother who was diagnosed at 27 with diabetes.

My hope is that you have time to just get used to the new routines and I am glad you have a good medical team.

In both my siblings' families, the diabetes has become a routine, not a crisis, but it did take awhile for them to reach that level of comfort.

Prayerfully,
viv

Wife to Rick (7/83), Mom to dd#1(6/87), dd#2(1/90), and dd#3(6/94) in central PA.
Back to Top View lilac hill's Profile Search for other posts by lilac hill

Victoria in AZ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 12 2006 at 7:37pm | IP Logged Quote Victoria in AZ

Wendi, praying for you and Jordan. You are right about the cross. We have three close friends whose young daughters deal with diabetes (two of the young girls were in comas before the diabetes was diagnosed). All are doing well. I am always encouraged when I learn about the fantastic accomplishments of young people with diabetes, such as becoming an Olympic athlete. Could be a rabbit trail...

Will continue to pray with you.

Back to Top View Victoria in AZ's Profile Search for other posts by Victoria in AZ

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version