Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Country Music Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: June 08 2006 at 3:25pm | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

Magnificat wrote:
Hi-
I love Martina McBride-one of her songs is "In My Daughter's Eyes"
Love it!

"I Hope YOu Dance"---another good one.

Magnificat wrote:
Also, another one we like is "When I Get To Where I'm Goin'" by Brad Paisley and Dolly Parton

Oh, yes, we love that one. One of the kids doesn't really care for the Alleluia part, but it's a great song.

mom to 5
Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks
Back to Top View Cay Gibson's Profile Search for other posts by Cay Gibson Visit Cay Gibson's Homepage

teachingmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Virginia Bluebells

Posted: June 08 2006 at 11:14pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmom

Hello again, country music fans,

I spent a long time on the computer last night looking up song lyrics and following rabbit trails to find songs I like. It turns out that there are a least a half dozen sites like cowboy lyrics. I could use those sites to look up your suggested songs, look up an artist and browse his or her songs, or do searches based on phrases I remembered from certain songs I like. I didn't recognize the titles of quite a few of the songs you all recommended. But when I did the lyric search, I found that often I not only recognized the song but really liked it previously.

Anyway I've come up with a list of possible songs for my cd. (It looks like I'll have to make a second cd someday.) Thanks for all the help! For those who are curious, here is my list thus far:

The Good Stuff by Kenny Chesney

Blessed by Martina McBride

Mayberry by Rascal Flatts

God’s Will by Martina McBride

From my Front Porch Looking In by Lonestar

Letters From Home by John Michael Montgomery

Live Like You Were Dying by Tim McGraw

Just to See You Smile by Tim McGraw

Butterfly Kisses by Tim McGraw

Sweet Southern Comfort by Buddy Jewel

In My Daughter’s Eyes by Martina McBride

Paint Me a Birmingham by Tracy Lawrence

Better Life by Keith Urban

If Heaven by Andy Griggs

Nineteen Something by Mark Wills

My Maria by Brooks and Dunn

My Little Girl by Tim McGraw

This One’s for the Girls by Martina McBride

I Hope You Dance by Lee Ann Womack

When I Get Where I’m Going by Brad Paisley and Dolly Parton

Somebody’s Hero by Jamie O’Neal

Almost Home by Craig Morgan

My List by Toby Keith

Where the Green Grass Grows by Tim McGraw

Jesus, Take the Wheel by Carrie Underwood

A Few Questions by Clay Walker

Believe by Brooks and Dunn

Godspeed (Sweet Dreams) by the Dixie Chicks

Who Says You Can’t Go Home by Bon Jovi

Cay Gibson
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 08 2006 at 11:31pm | IP Logged Quote Cay Gibson

Irene,
Another one I just thought of when I saw Rascal Flatts on your list is "Skin" by Rascal Flatts.

About a teenage girl diagnosed with cancer. I guess it could be classified as a sad song (not sure if you're wanting to avoid those) but it's very sweet and very worthy of any list.

mom to 5
Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks
Back to Top View Cay Gibson's Profile Search for other posts by Cay Gibson Visit Cay Gibson's Homepage

Maddie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 08 2006 at 11:39pm | IP Logged Quote Maddie

Sounds like a great CD, Irene! I think I'll have my son get to work on making me one...

Saturday morning cleaning always goes much faster with great music, don't even get me started on famous Broadway / classic Hollywood musicals! Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Fiddler on the Roof, My Fair Lady, Oklahoma, anything Bing (Crosby, that is)....

teachingmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Virginia Bluebells

Posted: June 08 2006 at 11:58pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmom

Cay Gibson wrote:
Irene,
Another one I just thought of when I saw Rascal Flatts on your list is "Skin" by Rascal Flatts.

About a teenage girl diagnosed with cancer. I guess it could be classified as a sad song (not sure if you're wanting to avoid those) but it's very sweet and very worthy of any list.

OK, I was just about the get off this computer and go to bed, but I caught your post, Cay. I really like that song too. It's beautiful. I think I'll add it to my list to think about.

I think it goes in the same category as Concrete Angel--beautiful, but very sad , so I'm not sure if I'll add it to this first cd. Thanks. Off to bed now.

Erica Sanchez
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 13 2006 at 12:05am | IP Logged Quote Erica Sanchez

I'm coming to this thread late (haven't been to the board in weeks - lots of catching up today!) and it's too late for my tired brain to even think of titles of songs, but just wanted to add my name to the country music fan list.    I love your list, Irene. I've found myself changing the channel a lot lately, usually just over to the christian music channel, so the idea of just making a CD of our favorites is GREAT! I did that for dh a few Christmases ago of some love songs (all genres) and we listen to that a lot!

Just picked myself up out of this computer chair to check which country songs I added to that CD and wanted to mention one special one:

Something That We Do by Clint Black

Love, love, love that one - very pro-marriage and beautiful!

Yee-haw!!

Back to Top View Erica Sanchez's Profile Search for other posts by Erica Sanchez

Cheryl
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 11 2006 at 11:56am | IP Logged Quote Cheryl

I can't get this song out of my head.

(Chorus:)
To the world
You may be just another girl
But to me
Baby, you are the world

It's by Brad Paisley. I want the dc to hear it because it will be fun to dance to. The guitar is catchy.

Back to Top View Cheryl's Profile Search for other posts by Cheryl Visit Cheryl's Homepage

lapazfarm
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 11 2006 at 1:39pm | IP Logged Quote lapazfarm

Have you ladies heard "I loved her first" by Heartland (I think)? Sappy to the max, but makes me tear up every time I hear it.

Back to Top View lapazfarm's Profile Search for other posts by lapazfarm Visit lapazfarm's Homepage

Cheryl
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 11 2006 at 3:10pm | IP Logged Quote Cheryl

lapazfarm wrote:
Have you ladies heard "I loved her first" by Heartland (I think)? Sappy to the max, but makes me tear up every time I hear it.

Do think that one's going to be played at weddings?

Back to Top View Cheryl's Profile Search for other posts by Cheryl Visit Cheryl's Homepage

Rebecca
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 11 2006 at 3:22pm | IP Logged Quote Rebecca

How about "American Child" by Phil Vassar ? I know of a few that would be good for children but not all are within 5 years...
Back to Top View Rebecca's Profile Search for other posts by Rebecca

folklaur
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 11 2006 at 4:21pm | IP Logged Quote folklaur

I'm late to this thread, but I have a fav to share:

Billy Dean's "Let Them Be Little" - the lyrics area here.

But it is more of a "Makes-Mommy-Cry-Sappy-Tears" song.

I also like Collin Raye's "Love, Me". It is here
Back to Top View folklaur's Profile Search for other posts by folklaur

teachingmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Virginia Bluebells

Posted: Aug 14 2006 at 11:44pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmom

Since you all bumped this thread up while I was away on vacation last week, I thought I'd report back on my foray into the world of music downloads.

I had ended up procrastinating about making the CD. I finally decided to put one together in order to bring it with us on vacation, so I foolishly spent WAY too much time in the two days leading up to our departure learning how to download songs and then doing so, all while using our dial-up connection.

I ran out of time and stopped after having 9 songs downloaded, thinking that would make a good temporary CD until I could add more songs later. I knew I was taking a chance with downloading those songs, because we didn't have a virus protection software on our computer for the past month or so.

Well, after the 9th song downloaded on the evening before our departure, our computer completely froze up. I could get it to start up, but then couldn't click on any of our programs. I got absolutely no response. I was so frustrated and disappointed and worried about dealing with trying to retrieve all the recent stuff that we hadn't backed up yet. I ended up turning off the computer and finishing our packing. I figured that things couldn't be any worse when we returned the following week.

While we were driving home on Saturday, my mind returned to our computer woes. I wondered if my very friendly, computer-geek neighbor would be willing to look at the problem for us. I worried again about losing a lot of information and files.

When we got home that evening, dh turned on the computer and it started up like a charm. No problems at all! I couldn't believe it. Dh admitted that he had prayed for our computer while we were away. He asked God to somehow fix it "for his wife's well-being". So we've had a computer miracle at our house this week. And I'm really thankful for it.

And I just installed our new edition of Norton Antivirus too, so I should be good to go when I'm ready to download some more country songs.

Sarah in SC
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Aug 15 2006 at 9:37am | IP Logged Quote Sarah in SC

"Mayberry" is by Rascall Flatts

Keith Urban is a favorite of mine....not all of his songs are great w/ kids in the car, but most of his faster tempo ones are okay, I'm thinking -- "Somebody Like You," "Who Wouldn't Want to Be Me" --(but have blurry brain this morning, so double check me)

And tho I'm not a fan, everyone else seems to really like Kenny Chesney....

Brad Paisley's "Fishin' Song" is just fun...and there's one about "mud on the tires" that I like.

I'll stop here, but I've been a country fan for more years than I care to admit!

Editing to add that perhaps I need to start reading all the way to the end of a thread before posting! Several of these are already mentioned! Sorry!

Maddie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 15 2006 at 9:49am | IP Logged Quote Maddie

Has "Something to be Proud Of" by Gentry Montgomery been mentioned? I don't get to listen to the radio often so I'm not sure how old it is, but that song makes me tear up each time I hear it.

hylabrook1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 15 2006 at 11:11am | IP Logged Quote hylabrook1

Randy Travis "Forever and Ever, Amen" is one of our favorites.

Nancy
Back to Top View hylabrook1's Profile Search for other posts by hylabrook1

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version