Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: What would you buy from Pampered Chef? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: June 05 2006 at 7:06am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

teachingmom wrote:
and possibly, the metal prong thingy for holding onions while slicing them (I don't use this as often as the other things, but it helps keep my hands from smelling like onions the rest of the day).

Irene, do you have a stainless steel sink, or something else stainless in your house? I can't believe how well this works, but for garlic or onion smelling hands, rub them on the stainless and it takes away the smell. It's amazing!

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

kristina
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 05 2006 at 12:38pm | IP Logged Quote kristina

I was a very part-time Pampered Chef consultant from 1998-2001. When I discovered I was pregnant with our fourth baby in about as many years, I decided to go inactive. My upline director called me last year to see if I was interested in being a consultant again. At the time, my husband's schedule would not allow for it, so I declined. She was understanding, but did not forget me. I received a postcard from her and a later a current catalog. My husband has since changed jobs and the new schedule has him home by 4 pm each day.

I sort of forgot about The Pampered Chef until I had a strange dream about being a TPC consultant in April. The (bizarre) dream did not leave my mind. So I took it to prayer, then contacted the director to meet with her. First I held a show to see if anyone I knew would actually book shows for me to do. Thus far things are working out. My first show is next Monday and I am incredibly nervous. I am usually fine working in front strangers, but the hostess is a fellow parishioner who has invited 46 people, most of whom I know.

I am not one to have strange dreams and certainly not one to allow a dream to affect me. I have had less income to manage our household since my husband changed jobs (the old company was downsizing and he got out just in time!) and his new employer is just not as generous. My prayers have been for my husband, but perhaps I am being called to take Proverbs 31 a bit more to heart...

Dawn, my favorite products are the baking stones. It is ironic that I would consider a job that requires me to cook, because I am a self-confessed "nightmare in the kitchen." I was never taught to cook, but the stones have been my cover. I never burn anything in them. My husband's favorite is the bar pan because it does a family sized tray of oven fries perfectly. I hope you have a great time at the show!

Blessings,

yesterthoughts
Back to Top View kristina's Profile Search for other posts by kristina

teachingmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Virginia Bluebells

Posted: June 05 2006 at 2:40pm | IP Logged Quote teachingmom

JennGM wrote:
Irene, do you have a stainless steel sink, or something else stainless in your house? I can't believe how well this works, but for garlic or onion smelling hands, rub them on the stainless and it takes away the smell. It's amazing!

Very interesting! I think the only thing that would be stainless steel around here would be some mixing bowls. Do you think they would work?

marihalojen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 05 2006 at 3:13pm | IP Logged Quote marihalojen

I think they would as I have seen simple bars of stainless steel sold for this purpose.

Lemon (well, citrus - we use Key Limes) pulls the smell of onions and garlic and seafood from your hands too!

SSR = Sailing, Snorkling, Reading
Back to Top View marihalojen's Profile Search for other posts by marihalojen Visit marihalojen's Homepage

MEBarrett
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 05 2006 at 3:43pm | IP Logged Quote MEBarrett

I have the pizza stone, the veggie peeler, the pizza cutter and the digital thermometer and I would highly recommend them all.

How lucky to get out to a party, I hope you have a great time!

Tales from the Bonny Blue House
O Night Divine
Back to Top View MEBarrett's Profile Search for other posts by MEBarrett Visit MEBarrett's Homepage

Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 05 2006 at 4:18pm | IP Logged Quote Dawn

MEBarrett wrote:

Thanks, Mary Ellen. I am really looking forward to it. I have not been out in soooo long! (I hope I can stay awake! )

Back to Top View Dawn's Profile Search for other posts by Dawn

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: June 05 2006 at 5:11pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

Dawn wrote:
MEBarrett wrote:

Thanks, Mary Ellen. I am really looking forward to it. I have not been out in soooo long! (I hope I can stay awake! )

That's one enjoyable part. Depending on the consultant and type of party, it's enjoyable to hear other ladies talk about cooking and helpful hints and advice and experience with these products. I don't go to many, but when I do I get many ideas to practice at home.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

MacBeth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Probably at the beach...

Posted: June 05 2006 at 5:32pm | IP Logged Quote MacBeth

I would choose the cranberry stone pie dish. It's wonderful to look at.

Nature Study
MacBeth's Blog
Back to Top View MacBeth's Profile Search for other posts by MacBeth Visit MacBeth's Homepage

Victoria in AZ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 05 2006 at 6:35pm | IP Logged Quote Victoria in AZ

do buy the i-slicer. quite affordable and makes opening new cd's such a breeze. i would have over-looked this product if my friend had not demonstrated it to me.

and i second (third) the vote for the veggie peeler. best i've ever used and affordable also.

let us know what you think after the party, Dawn, and enjoy.

Back to Top View Victoria in AZ's Profile Search for other posts by Victoria in AZ

ElisabethGrace
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: June 05 2006 at 7:03pm | IP Logged Quote ElisabethGrace

We love the food chopper. Everyone wants to use it when we bring it out! We also use the children's knives, the one gallon pitcher with the plunger (for mixing up powdered organic milk) and the little gizmo that cuts sandwiches into circles while sealing the edges (sorry I can't remember what it is called).

My sister uses alot of their stoneware pieces and loves them!

Have fun!

Angela
Back to Top View ElisabethGrace's Profile Search for other posts by ElisabethGrace

Donna
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 18 2006 at 4:28pm | IP Logged Quote Donna

So....Dawn.....What did you choose?

Jacob, Sam, and Regina with God
Grandbabies Leigha and Elsie

Moments Like These

Back to Top View Donna's Profile Search for other posts by Donna Visit Donna's Homepage

Dawn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 18 2006 at 7:06pm | IP Logged Quote Dawn

Donna wrote:
So....Dawn.....What did you choose?

Thank you for asking, Donna!

I ended up choosing the rectangular baking stone, the cranberry stoneware deep-dish pie pan, the large spreader (for icing cakes a la Martha Stewart) and I got a free ice cream sandwich maker!

Back to Top View Dawn's Profile Search for other posts by Dawn

MacBeth
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Probably at the beach...

Posted: June 18 2006 at 9:28pm | IP Logged Quote MacBeth

Dawn wrote:
   the cranberry stoneware deep-dish pie pan

I hope it's as good as it looks!

Nature Study
MacBeth's Blog
Back to Top View MacBeth's Profile Search for other posts by MacBeth Visit MacBeth's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 11 2006 at 11:33am | IP Logged Quote JennGM

With all this enthusiasm for PC, I just want to mention I'm hosting a PC party in on the 24th. My sister is a consultant, and I'm trying to help her out a bit. PM me if you're in need of an item. You can do it online and it will be shipped to you. No obligation or pressure, just a mention.

ladybugs
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 11 2006 at 12:06pm | IP Logged Quote ladybugs

JennGM wrote:
With all this enthusiasm for PC, I just want to mention I'm hosting a PC party in on the 24th. My sister is a consultant, and I'm trying to help her out a bit. PM me if you're in need of an item. You can do it online and it will be shipped to you. No obligation or pressure, just a mention.

Hey Jenn,

Could you post a link for your party?

Thanks!

My etsy store - all proceeds go to help my fencing daughters!
Back to Top View ladybugs's Profile Search for other posts by ladybugs Visit ladybugs's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 11 2006 at 12:10pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

ladybugs wrote:
Could you post a link for your party?

I can't post a link that can be found by search engines, so all I can do is give it to you in PM. Sorry. Don't feel that once I send it to you that you're obligated to buy!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version