Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Christmas gifts among siblings? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
St. Ann
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 1:51am | IP Logged Quote St. Ann

My girls always give presents to each sister, because that is the way they want it. They love making a special gift and packing it and on Christmas Eve placing it under the tree. Most of the gifts have been handmade, but also my oldest girls might give something of their own that they know the youngers will love. For example: my then 15yr old gave her perfectly good red plaid suitcase with a rabbit on it to her 8 yr old sister. Perfect! Now it belongs to Helena and she is proud to have her very own suitcase. If Dorothea is making a gift for Maria, she can count on Hannah's assistance and advice. When they were younger I was more often the creative voice behind the gifts and it was hands on for me. But things do change over the years, and I was amazed at the great ideas that the girls had themselves for crafting and how capable they really are at young ages. I was also very amazed how appreciative the girls were of the sometimes very primitive crafting attempts of their sisters.

Regarding Christmas day presents. Here in Germany, traditionally one speaks of the "Christkind" coming. "What did the Christkind bring?" That is literally Christ Child. This is also true.

Wife and mother to Hannah '96, Maria '99, Dorothea '01, Helena '03
Back to Top View St. Ann's Profile Search for other posts by St. Ann Visit St. Ann's Homepage

MelissaClaire
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 9:08am | IP Logged Quote MelissaClaire

Thanks for the great ideas everyone!
Back to Top View MelissaClaire's Profile Search for other posts by MelissaClaire

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version