Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
 4Real Forums : Our Lady's Loom, Larder, and Laundry
Subject Topic: New Weekly Series....What's for Dinner? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Booksnbabes
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 12:12pm | IP Logged Quote Booksnbabes

Thanks to all who shared! I have no idea what is on the menu here!   

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 12:59pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Thanks, Diana! Love, love, love to talk about food and will be sure to check in on Wednesdays, if not on Monday.

I just started a paid subscription to allrecipes.com so that I can use their menu planner. Well, I really didn't need that but I just wanted to pay for their many years of giving to me!

Can someone test out this link and tell me if it is public? Thanks!

Right now I'm cooking slow cooker chicken thighs with kale. I'll go an bump a previous topic where I know I went on and on about chicken thighs

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 1:06pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

Doesn't appear to be public Angie.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 1:21pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Thanks, Jodie. I check that out because it would be and easy way for me to share and you all would be linked directly to recipes :)

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 1:26pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

OK, only "Pro" members can read it if I make it public. Any allrecipe pros here? If so, I'll make it public.

Let's see how this formatting works...

Detroit-Style Coney Dogs
+
Grandma's Iron Skillet Apple Pie

Slower Cooker Chicken Thighs

Steak and Kale Soup

Tomato Zucchini Casserole
+
Adrienne's Cucumber Salad
Barbie's Tuna Salad

Cottage Cheese Pancakes
+
Roquefort Pear Salad

Best Cream Of Broccoli Soup
+
Slow Cooker Pasta Sauce

Gingered Carrot Soup
+
Clam Sauce with Linguine

Love,

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 9:29pm | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

4 lads mom wrote:
MarilynW wrote:
Great thread!
(Just had to share some culinary success - I am finally in the sourdough groove - it is my 9 year old's science project and everyone loves it. It is like having a pet! Also we are making our own kiefer and yogurt - again like having pets, but everyone has a job taking care of them!)

Marilyn!! Do share your sourdough recipe, pretty please, unless it has milk in it....thanks!!

No milk in it!!

Here is the recipe - I got the sourdough starter from a local friend and sourdough mentor.

I keep the starter in the fridge and feed it on days I am making bread (usually twice a week) I take it out of the fridge early evening, feed it and let it proof/grow. Before I go to bed, I mix 1/3 cup of starter, 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar, 3 cups of flour (I use sprouted wholewheat)2.5 cups of filtered water together and then leave the mixture covered with a dishcloth overnight. Early the next morning, I add a tbsp of olive oil, a teaspoon of salt, sometimes a couple of tbsps of maple syrup and enough flour to knead. I knead using my kitchen aid and add enough flour to make a dough that pulls away from the edges. I keep the dough sticky so that the bread is not heavy or dense. I divide the dough into 2 and place it into two greased bread pans. Cover the pans with a clean cloth and put them somewhere warm to rise - I usually have them on top of the clothes dryer when I am doing laundry. After 4-5 hours they are risen and I bake them at 400 degrees for about a half hour. Nice fresh bread for lunch!

I have only been doing this for a few weeks - so have not experimented much.

As I said, a friend irl helped me get started, but the following links are also helpful:
Cultures for Health http://www.culturesforhealth.com/sourdough

Keeper of the home - http://www.keeperofthehome.org/2008/02/a-lesson-in-making-so urdough-bread-for-yall.html

Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

4 lads mom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 9:31pm | IP Logged Quote 4 lads mom

Thanks, Friend!!

MarilynW
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 10:05pm | IP Logged Quote MarilynW

Whilst on the subject of bread - I am kind of on a bread roll........(no pun intended!!)

Artisan bread in 5 minutes - has no dairy.

Also dutch oven bread has no dairy....................

Back to Top View MarilynW's Profile Search for other posts by MarilynW

St. Ann
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 12:53am | IP Logged Quote St. Ann

Sometimes I am too embarrassed to write down my menu plans as they seem so simple and uncreative in comparison to your plans Some of your weekday dinners are similar to our Sunday dinners.      But I do get a lot of ideas just reading your lists. My dh loves everything I cook/very appreciative, so I am truly blessed. I also cook large amounts which make for 2 meals, either for 2 days in a row(with variations) or the 2nd portion in the freezer for another day.

Trying out new things in the kitchen is always a question of time and energy. If I do try things it is for gluten free baking, which is always an adventure and more often than not, discouraging .

Thank you ladies for inspiring us with your menu plans! Maybe I will be able to try one thing or another.

Wife and mother to Hannah '96, Maria '99, Dorothea '01, Helena '03
Back to Top View St. Ann's Profile Search for other posts by St. Ann Visit St. Ann's Homepage

jawgee
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 6:14am | IP Logged Quote jawgee

Unexpected guests last minute for dinner last night. I'm glad I had spaghetti and sauce in the cupboard and some Italian sausage in the freezer!

C (12/2001), N (11/2005), M (5/2008), J (8/2009) and three angels
The Catholic Cup on Facebook
Back to Top View jawgee's Profile Search for other posts by jawgee

CrunchyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Nov 21 2013 at 6:58am | IP Logged Quote CrunchyMom

I'm with Marilyn in limbo. We are also getting our quarter cow this month or early next, and I've been trying to use up all the odds and ends from the freezer.

I had been doing really well, the best I've ever done, having set up my Fall menus with at least one cross over meal per week, for instance meatloaf mix on Monday, save half, add a couple of extra seasoning and make fast meatballs on Wednesday or crockpot chicken thighs served with tortillas on one day and chicken tamale spoon bread on another. Plus, I made Tuesdays soup day, and that worked out well, too.

Since all my odds and ends have been stewing meats this week, it feels like some sort of stew or a quick pasta from the pantry meal depending on whether I can make it to the kitchen in time to get the beef going

[URL=http://mysymphonygarden.blogspot.com/]Lost in the Cosmos[/UR
Back to Top View CrunchyMom's Profile Search for other posts by CrunchyMom

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version