Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Wednesday in the World: Family Learning Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Martha
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Aug 17 2013 at 6:12pm | IP Logged Quote Martha

Hiya ladies,
I just wanted to let you know I figured a way to sorta add my scoops to my blog sidebar as an RSS feed of the 3-10 most resent items I added to my scoop. It's not a wideget, which I would prefer. But my blog is simple enough and so plain that having the top articles links in the side bar isn't that big a problem.

Anyways, if anyone is interested, I'll post how to do that?

go to your account in the upper right
select settings
select apps and extras
from here you can choose to copy and paste and wedget or RSS feed to the sidebar of your blog

hth someone else. :)

Back to Top View Martha's Profile Search for other posts by Martha Visit Martha's Homepage

knowloveserve
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 11:56am | IP Logged Quote knowloveserve

I like Scoopit. I'm thinking of it as my alternative to blogging and Facebook.

Facebook is too tempting for me to waste time on there and to feed narcissism. And it's not spiritually healthy for someone like me to always want to be "in the know"... even if it is with loved ones. I find the idea of being your own celebrity and paparazzi all in one a bit disturbing. Plus privacy concerns...

This was why I stopped blogging about my personal life too. My distant family has missed my "e-presence" but living a more quiet, hidden life in the shadows of the Cross is more my speed... especially since my real life is SO open and socially active and vulnerable already.

But I've regretted not having an easy way to share my thoughts on some things... and have considered figuring out a way to consolidate all the links I've liked lately or been thinking about.

So I'm content to let my social media consist of a private Instagram account for my family and friend's benefit (I don't use many hash tags to avoid random people seeing my stuff.) blogging about kid's books a few times a month, and now Scoop-it. This seems to be a good fit for me right now.

But we are all creatures in progress and next week might have me feeling different.   

Here's my page.

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 3:51pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

Oh this is wonderful.. it's

How to Destory A Relativists Argument

And is the beginning of a series on fallicy.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

Jenn Sal
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 7:07pm | IP Logged Quote Jenn Sal

Ok, Angie. I was a bit overwhelmed when I read your first post about Scoop-it. I'm catching on a bit now. Kade and I are checking out the How To Make A Comic Strip. Very cool! I'm also going to check out all the scoops about early learning. For the first time, I'm considering what my 6 year old can use on my iPad.

Martha
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 21 2013 at 8:37am | IP Logged Quote Martha

Angie, are we doing Wednesday in the world this week or did you decide to try something else?

Here is my contribution, jic.

Martha's Scooped Articles for August 19th

Back to Top View Martha's Profile Search for other posts by Martha Visit Martha's Homepage

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Aug 21 2013 at 9:41am | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

WOW! I'm SO excited that others are excited about this type of discussion!

A quick catch up...

For new fans of Scoopit, let's make sure that we are following each other :) I check my dashboard daily. It will be fun to see what you all are scooping!

For those who couldn't care less about Scoopit, not a problem! There are many ways to participate in the discussion. You can read a link at any of the Scoopit pages and start a discussion based on what you read. Or you can post your links here directly. Or you can just read (although I would love to hear your thoughts!)

Ellie, you have cobbled together a very similar social media plan to mine . Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

So...in keeping with the idea of "Scooping" timely news and what's happening in the world that relates to members of this forum, let's go ahead and start a new post each Wednesday. I will gladly start the topic each Wednesday, or anyone else can start it! So, Martha, you were first at it today so feel free to start it any Wednesday .

For search engine purposes, let's start each week's topic with "Wednesday in the World:" then give it an original ending having to do with any point of discussion. I'll start one in a few minutes so you can see what I mean.

Jennifer, you could have a Scoopit page for just cool stuff that Kade likes because he's the kind of kid who would like to refer back to information!

Hooray for us!

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Aug 21 2013 at 10:05am | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Here it is!

Oh, and I will stop back here a little later to check out all the links. Thanks for sharing!

Love,

Back to Top View Angie Mc's Profile Search for other posts by Angie Mc Visit Angie Mc's Homepage

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Aug 21 2013 at 1:26pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

Martha wrote:
Hiya ladies,
I just wanted to let you know I figured a way to sorta add my scoops to my blog sidebar as an RSS feed of the 3-10 most resent items I added to my scoop. It's not a wideget, which I would prefer. But my blog is simple enough and so plain that having the top articles links in the side bar isn't that big a problem.

Anyways, if anyone is interested, I'll post how to do that?

go to your account in the upper right
select settings
select apps and extras
from here you can choose to copy and paste and wedget or RSS feed to the sidebar of your blog

hth someone else. :)

I may need more help with this, Martha! I did a quick search on Wordpress for where to add it to my blog but came up short. I'll spend more time on it this weekend, I hope! Thanks so much:)

Love,

Angie Mc
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Aug 21 2013 at 1:29pm | IP Logged Quote Angie Mc

JodieLyn wrote:
This is an article that I just saw through facebook. “Ultimate Choice Award” at the 2013 Teen Choice Awards, Ashton Kutcher, gives speech about hard work and what sexy really is and living your own life

Question about scoop it. We don't have smart phones etc. I have a computer and the two older kids have kindle fires. Is this something that would work for me to share stuff with them? or should I just stick with facebook like I've been doing?

Jody - GREAT article! Thanks so much!!! I'll be sharing it with my sons :)

I don't use my smart phone for Scoopit. I can, but I choose not to because the interface on the computer is better. Maybe, you can try it out to see which interface you and your kids prefer.

Love,

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version