Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Talk me in or out of Amazon Prime Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
MelissaClaire
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 2:51pm | IP Logged Quote MelissaClaire

For those that use it to get TP, what do you get? Is it cheaper than the pack of Kirkland Toilet Tissue from Costco? (It's $14.99 here.)
Back to Top View MelissaClaire's Profile Search for other posts by MelissaClaire

pumpkinmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 3:05pm | IP Logged Quote pumpkinmom

Now I can't wait to sign up! I didn't realize about the kindle free book/lending thing. I also didn't see the potential of saving a trip to town until now. I'm also going to look into the sharing it with family members.

Thanks for the help!

Back to Top View pumpkinmom's Profile Search for other posts by pumpkinmom

JodieLyn
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 3:30pm | IP Logged Quote JodieLyn

That's what I was trying to figure out Melissa.. I can get a 24 pack of Safeway brand "double rolls" for $.42-$.50 per roll. Just depends if I can get it on sale or if I can't wait for the next sale. And I'm not seeing anything less than $.45 per roll.. but maybe it's not on the first few pages.

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education.
-Sir Walter Scott
Back to Top View JodieLyn's Profile Search for other posts by JodieLyn

jawgee
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 3:46pm | IP Logged Quote jawgee

JodieLyn wrote:
That's what I was trying to figure out Melissa.. I can get a 24 pack of Safeway brand "double rolls" for $.42-$.50 per roll. Just depends if I can get it on sale or if I can't wait for the next sale. And I'm not seeing anything less than $.45 per roll.. but maybe it's not on the first few pages.

I usually wait until I see a particular sale listed on SlickDeals.net. Usually it's a name-brand TP with a coupon - and then I "Subscribe and Save" to save an extra 20%.

Most recently:

Scott Extra-Soft Double Rolls for 37c/roll
Quilted Northern Double Rolls for 41c/roll
Cottonelle Clean Care Double Rolls for 38c/roll

Currently, though, how about these? You can clip a coupon to save $2 (right on that page) and then Subscribe and Save to save anywhere from 5% to 20% extra (depending on how many items your subscribe to each month). Even without subscribing it is 40c per double roll.

C (12/2001), N (11/2005), M (5/2008), J (8/2009) and three angels
The Catholic Cup on Facebook
Back to Top View jawgee's Profile Search for other posts by jawgee

*Lindsey*
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 4:31pm | IP Logged Quote *Lindsey*

I didn't know about slickdeals.net! I just found planter's peanut butter 26.5 ounce jars (4 pack) for $12.77. I haven't purchased peanut butter in months because it's so pricey at the store. So, at $3.19 per jar, I couldn't pass that up!

Thanks for sharing that site, Monica!

DominaCaeli
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 4:38pm | IP Logged Quote DominaCaeli

Just want to point out that Subscribe and Save is separate from Prime...unless I'm misunderstanding how others are using it?

Mommy to six: three boys (8, 4, newborn) and four girls (7, 5, 2, and 1)
Back to Top View DominaCaeli's Profile Search for other posts by DominaCaeli

jawgee
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 4:50pm | IP Logged Quote jawgee

DominaCaeli wrote:
Just want to point out that Subscribe and Save is separate from Prime...unless I'm misunderstanding how others are using it?

Yes, it is a separate thing. I usually cancel my subscription shortly after the first shipment because the sale prices typically don't last. I subscribe to many things each month, though.

C (12/2001), N (11/2005), M (5/2008), J (8/2009) and three angels
The Catholic Cup on Facebook
Back to Top View jawgee's Profile Search for other posts by jawgee

Mimip
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 5:14pm | IP Logged Quote Mimip

jawgee wrote:
DominaCaeli wrote:

Yes, it is a separate thing. I usually cancel my subscription shortly after the first shipment because the sale prices typically don't last. I subscribe to many things each month, though.

Yes, I do like Monica on many things. I just check what is on sale at the moment and subscribe to that all EXCEPT toilet paper. WE have a very picky family when it comes to that so we always get Quilted Northern. Sometimes it's the cheapest and sometimes not but my husband grew up in a cheap toilet paper house and HATED it and so we spend a bit more to get a bit better toilet paper. I am very thankful.
To tell you the truth the idea that I don't have to lug that huge pack of toilet paper or the huge box of diapers from the store every two weeks when I grocery shop is SOOOOOOO worth it!

Back to Top View Mimip's Profile Search for other posts by Mimip

MaryM
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 8:23pm | IP Logged Quote MaryM

pumpkinmom wrote:
Now I can't wait to sign up! I didn't realize about the kindle free book/lending thing. I also didn't see the potential of saving a trip to town until now. I'm also going to look into the sharing it with family members.

You can borrow only one book from the Kindle Owners' Lending Library each calendar month - just so you know. We didn't realize it was that limited until after we joined. Still a nice service.

I really appreciate the ability to mail to multiple addresses as has been mentioned. As Ellie mentioned it is great for godparent gifts and for my son out of town. That is pretty much how I give gifts to our out of town relatives now - saves over buying local and having to pay postage to send. Also the sharing - my mom doesn't do the computer at all so I order things for her and have it sent to her. It is really great. And we used it quite a bit with our son away at college when he needed to place orders.

I figure we save a lot in gas even if the postage costs were just to break even with annual fee. I really appreciate being able to order the $5 item without doubling the cost with postage. And we easily do $6 a month in streaming so figure that covers the total cost - everything else is gravy...

Mimip wrote:
WE have a very picky family when it comes to that so we always get Quilted Northern. Sometimes it's the cheapest and sometimes not but my husband grew up in a cheap toilet paper house and HATED it and so we spend a bit more to get a bit better toilet paper. I am very thankful.

Our Domestic Church
Back to Top View MaryM's Profile Search for other posts by MaryM Visit MaryM's Homepage

Mackfam
Board Moderator
Board Moderator
Non Nobis

Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 8:46pm | IP Logged Quote Mackfam

Mimip wrote:
WE have a very picky family when it comes to that so we always get Quilted Northern. Sometimes it's the cheapest and sometimes not but my husband grew up in a cheap toilet paper house and HATED it and so we spend a bit more to get a bit better toilet paper. I am very thankful.

Us too!!!

I'm allowed to bargain shop and brand hop on just about anything....except toilet paper and mayo!! Isn't that HILARIOUS!!!! It HAS TO BE Charmin and Hellmans!    Although...I have finally (and only *just*) convinced dh that the Kirkland (Costco) brand of tp is acceptable and still a good savings for us!

HUGE Amazon prime fans here, too! Have been for years!

Back to Top View Mackfam's Profile Search for other posts by Mackfam Visit Mackfam's Homepage

JennGM
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 8:49pm | IP Logged Quote JennGM

We're picky about our TP here, too. Charmin here, too.

Back to Top View JennGM's Profile Search for other posts by JennGM Visit JennGM's Homepage

Sorry, you cannot post a reply to this topic.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version