Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
We Pray to the Lord
 4Real Forums : We Pray to the Lord
Subject Topic: Unwelcome at Mass Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
stellamaris
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 11 2013 at 7:36am | IP Logged Quote stellamaris

Maggie, you came to mind while I was at Mass on Saturday evening. I continue to pray for you!

Flowing Streams
Back to Top View stellamaris's Profile Search for other posts by stellamaris Visit stellamaris's Homepage

mamaslearning
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 11 2013 at 8:15am | IP Logged Quote mamaslearning

Maggie ! BTDT! Praying for peace for you and your family.

betsy wrote:
So, now when I approach Mass I go with the attitude to worship Our Lord. The Lord knows my heart. He knows that I would love to sit in prayerful peace and worship by soaking up every word and image that is offered at Mass. However, I must accept the life that the Lord has given me. Often He has called me to worship while standing in the back of Mass, or sitting out side for the entire Mass in a little grotto.....of even spend the time in the car where it is warmer and safer.   I am often called to miss communion. I do not know WHY our Lord wants me to Worship in this manor, but I trust that this is what my soul needs. Will He not see my obedience to what has been placed before me? Will I not be as bless as if I had heard that great homily or sang those wonderful hymns?   I hope so. I will be honest, it doesn't often feel that way! But, my "dark night" of Mass attendance will be part of my salvation....I am sure!

Betsy, this is lovely, just lovely!!!!!!

claire f wrote:
What occurred to me in the midst of my experience is that we, as a Church, are called to be open to life. I don't believe that only applies to married couples. I believe that applies to everyone. That means we should be open to supporting the young families in our parishes. We should welcome children into mass and assume that families will come with their children. Yes, they can be distracting and parents have a responsibility to do their best to regulate (or contain)their childrens' behavior. But the rest of the Church family needs to be open to this life as well. We can't expect families to have children and then punish those families at mass when the children are just that - children.

Thank you Claire for this insight!

Back to Top View mamaslearning's Profile Search for other posts by mamaslearning

Mimip
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 11 2013 at 10:17am | IP Logged Quote Mimip

Maggie,
How was Mass? Thought of you the whole Mass this week and said many prayers that you were doing well at yours.

Back to Top View Mimip's Profile Search for other posts by Mimip

Kathryn
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: March 11 2013 at 8:31pm | IP Logged Quote Kathryn

Prayers for you Maggie that the Holy Spirit will fill you with the words to meet the needs of everyone involved. It's hard enough to struggle with those "outside" church but do have disagreements in the place we should feel safest and most welcomed is difficult at best.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version