Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Hidden Treasure
 4Real Forums : Hidden Treasure
Subject Topic: Walk With Me? Assumption Consecration Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Helen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: July 19 2012 at 4:13pm | IP Logged Quote Helen

WithAllMyHeart wrote:
Mary with her sleeves rolled up- cleaning her new house from top-to-bottom the same way I would if I were moving into a new house.
And isn't that what this preparation has been all about so far- "emptying ourselves of the spirit of the world" so that we can then "fill ourselves with the spirit of Jesus Christ"?

Cross posting with you Jennifer...and on similar topics.
Enemies being driven away.

I will join you in a prayer of thanksgiving.
Great story!

Back to Top View Helen's Profile Search for other posts by Helen Visit Helen's Homepage

WithAllMyHeart
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: July 19 2012 at 9:54pm | IP Logged Quote WithAllMyHeart

Here's Day 8 for you.

SAHM to a 3 yr old boy and a 1 yr old girl (hoping for more).

Looking for friends who live nearby!
Back to Top View WithAllMyHeart's Profile Search for other posts by WithAllMyHeart

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 19 2012 at 10:33pm | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

Helen wrote:

I read Day 7 in 33 Days to Morning Glory and really found the last paragraph from St Louis deMontfort very hope filled.

Summing up...Even though followers of Mary may have obstacles to overcome they will have the sweetness of Mary to make them bearable. In addition, no one entrusted to her "had to succumb to the malice, the number, and the vehemence of his enemies."

WithAllMyHeart wrote:

How is everyone else doing?

Thank you for sharing that Helen. Jennifer so lovely to hear what you have shared. I am so thankful for the timing of this. I know it's not just any coincidence, my time back here was right at the beginning of this and it has been such a blessing to me each day. Praise God.

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

Marcia
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 20 2012 at 3:32am | IP Logged Quote Marcia

popping back in here to say I've really enjoyed my first week so far. Husband and I have been reading the 33 days to Morning Glory together each morning before he heads off to work. I'm thinking this book would be easier for my kids when they decide to do a consecration for themselves.

About 6 (?) years ago we did a consecration for our children and that seemed to be wonderful....They helped by praying a Marian prayer each day. It also helped get us into the habit of praying the Angelus at lunch and a decade at dinner. I need to get back into that habit especially since we have had three children join the family since that consecration! :)

Off to write my reminder notes at the dinner table.

I wonder why
Back to Top View Marcia's Profile Search for other posts by Marcia

Helen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 20 2012 at 6:45pm | IP Logged Quote Helen

Marcia wrote:
popping back in here to say I've really enjoyed my first week so far. Husband and I have been reading the 33 days to Morning Glory together each morning before he heads off to work.

That's really lovely Marcia

Marcia wrote:
I'm thinking this book would be easier for my kids when they decide to do a consecration for themselves.

This is a great idea -- maybe even for Confirmation preparation.

I'll have to ask for the grace for my children to want to read the book (or something like it).

Back to Top View Helen's Profile Search for other posts by Helen Visit Helen's Homepage

WithAllMyHeart
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: July 20 2012 at 9:15pm | IP Logged Quote WithAllMyHeart

Okay, here's Day 9.

Marcia- That's so neat that you consecrated your children! I didn't even know you could do that. How does that work?

Aussieannie- I'm so glad you're here with us! I don't think there are coincidences when it comes to stuff like this...

Back to Top View WithAllMyHeart's Profile Search for other posts by WithAllMyHeart

Helen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 21 2012 at 7:28am | IP Logged Quote Helen

Marcia wrote:
   Husband and I have been reading the 33 days to Morning Glory together each morning before he heads off to work.

Marcia, if you have time, could you tell me more about how you do this together? Do you have 2 books? Do you read it next to eachother quietly? Or share out loud reading? Thanks!

WithAllMyHeart
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: July 23 2012 at 7:31am | IP Logged Quote WithAllMyHeart

I missed the cutoff on Saturday night again... I'm sorry. DH and I got into a deep discussion after the children were in bed, and I didn't think it would be right to interrupt so I could get online and post a link. Hopefully you all remembered and went and found it anyway.

In case you didn't, here's Day 10 for yesterday.

And here's Day 11 for today.

Helen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 23 2012 at 7:05pm | IP Logged Quote Helen

WithAllMyHeart wrote:
DH and I got into a deep discussion after the children were in bed, and I didn't think it would be right to interrupt so I could get online and post a link. Hopefully you all remembered and went and found it anyway.

Thanks Jennifer
I hope you enjoyed you time with your husband. I appreciate the links you are posting. It doesn't need to be everyday to nudge me along.

WithAllMyHeart
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: July 23 2012 at 9:43pm | IP Logged Quote WithAllMyHeart

Helen- Thanks! DH and I had a good talk. Hearts being softened, prayers being answered...

Everyone- Today marks the end of the 12-day preparation period! Here's Day 12.

Marcia
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: July 24 2012 at 4:17am | IP Logged Quote Marcia

the 33 days to glory book is only about 2 pages each day. Which takes no time at all to read aloud. Yesterday he read aloud in bed before we got up. The day before I read on our way to church.

What helps is that my pastor recommended the book to my husband so it was HiS idea, not mine. :) easier for us to keep it up.

The Monfort book is slower going for me with the older language, while this book is almost conversational as though the author (priest) is with you.

Yesterday was the second part of seeing Mary as the created Immaculate Conception and the Holy Spirit as the non created IC. I'm enjoying this very much!

As far as consecrating your kids...I just included their names when we said the prayers and especially when we did the final prayer on the last day. I signed their names to the consecration and included them in the Mass that day.

As a convert to the faith, my relationship with Mary has really blossomed since my first consecration. I also thinking reading the papal letter, Mulieris Dignitatem, with some other ladies was pivital for me.

I wonder why
Back to Top View Marcia's Profile Search for other posts by Marcia

Helen
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 24 2012 at 6:11pm | IP Logged Quote Helen

Marcia wrote:
the 33 days to glory book is only about 2 pages each day. Which takes no time at all to read aloud. Yesterday he read aloud in bed before we got up. The day before I read on our way to church.

Thanks Marcia, this explanation is very helpful.

Marcia wrote:
what helps is that my pastor recommended the book to my husband so it was HiS idea, not mine. :) easier for us to keep it up.

Sounds like a wonderful Pastor! How fortunate you are.

Marcia wrote:
The Monfort book is slower going for me with the older language, while this book is almost conversational as though the author (priest) is with you.

When reading passages from the Imitation of Christ (and they can be difficult in their wording!), I like to think of St Therese. Did you know that she could only read the Gospel and the Imitation of Christ? This thought elevates the Imitation in my mind. I believe there are other saints like that. Have you heard of other stories like that?

Marcia wrote:
Yesterday was the second part of seeing Mary as the created Immaculate Conception and the Holy Spirit as the non created IC. I'm enjoying this very much!

Yes, Kolbe's thought on the Holy Spirit are something amazing to think about. I think there is something very important withMotherhood and the Holy Spirit. I know when I am at Mass, I really mull over the words in the Creed... The Lord, the Giver of Life.

Motherhood, Holy Spirit, Giver of Life, uncreated Aimmacukate Conception.
Pondering....

Marcia wrote:
reading the papal letter, Mulieris Dignitatem, with some other ladies was pivital for me.
What a great opportunity. It must be very nice to share the reading of papal letters.

WithAllMyHeart
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: July 24 2012 at 9:04pm | IP Logged Quote WithAllMyHeart

Today starts a new week and a new focus. Now that we've emptied ourselves of the spirit of the world, here's Day 13.

aussieannie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: July 25 2012 at 4:02am | IP Logged Quote aussieannie

I've just been shaking my head, I just love how the passages you read daily so often speak to you directly on the things you carry in your heart, daily Mass readings are the same. Looking forward to the new week and focus.

Back to Top View aussieannie's Profile Search for other posts by aussieannie Visit aussieannie's Homepage

WithAllMyHeart
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: July 25 2012 at 9:50pm | IP Logged Quote WithAllMyHeart

Aussieannie- It's funny you say that, because I've been thinking the same thing!

Helen- Why could St. Therese only read the Gospel and the Imitation? And you've got me pondering the whole "Lord/giver of life/motherhood/immaculate conception/Holy Spirit" thing now, as well...

Marcia- Thanks for explaining how you consecrated your kids. I may have to do that, too.

Here's Day 14!

WithAllMyHeart
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: July 26 2012 at 10:08pm | IP Logged Quote WithAllMyHeart

Day 15, comin' your way!

WithAllMyHeart
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: July 27 2012 at 10:05pm | IP Logged Quote WithAllMyHeart

Day 16 is a brand new day. Make it count...

WithAllMyHeart
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: July 30 2012 at 7:12am | IP Logged Quote WithAllMyHeart

Here's Day 17 for yesterday.

And Day 18 for today.

We're halfway there!

WithAllMyHeart
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: July 31 2012 at 7:42am | IP Logged Quote WithAllMyHeart

Day 19

WithAllMyHeart
Forum Rookie
Forum Rookie

Posted: Aug 01 2012 at 11:47am | IP Logged Quote WithAllMyHeart

Hi Ladies-

Please excuse my inconsistent posts. My grandfather passed away early Monday morning. I am at my parents' house, and I'm having trouble getting online with any regularity. (Luckily, i have been able to at least lock myself in the bathroom long enough to do my readings every day.) I hope I haven't messed up anyone's prayer rhythm...

Here is Day 20.

to you all...

<< Prev Page of 4 Next >>
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version