Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Frumpiness Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Victoria in AZ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: May 30 2006 at 2:45pm | IP Logged Quote Victoria in AZ

Rebecca wrote:
Strangely, this is true in my home also. I do not know why. I have asked but dh does not really seem to know why himself. Maybe he thinks it is unstylish to always wear skirts, I do not know as I try to buy cute ones in pretty patterns and colors.   

I met dh when I was only 16. He wasn't sure but he thought he didn't prefer the skirts/dresses because he "missed" the old me. On this issue, because it is not a matter of sin, I deferred to his wishes. Besides, I like the guy

Back to Top View Victoria in AZ's Profile Search for other posts by Victoria in AZ

Christine
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: May 30 2006 at 3:10pm | IP Logged Quote Christine

Jennifer,
Thank you for recommending sarongs. I discovered them when I visited relatives in Mauritius. They are a wonderful swimsuit cover-up in warm weather. I never thought about using them as a pregnancy cover up. Time to look for my old sarongs. Hopefully, I can learn the art of tying them as well as you. Thank you for the link.

Pretty Lilla Rose
Back to Top View Christine's Profile Search for other posts by Christine Visit Christine's Homepage

teachingmom
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star
Virginia Bluebells

Posted: June 01 2006 at 12:08am | IP Logged Quote teachingmom

Elizabeth wrote:
This pregnancy has been such a reprieve from the perimenopausal frumpy feeling! I don't usually feel fat when I'm pregnant. I'm not prone to swelling and I really like my belly!

You've described me too, Elizabeth. I love loose, untucked tops. When I am not pregnant, I look really heavy in that style. While pregnant, I look fine and stylish. I recently updated my maternity wardrobe. (My generous mom, who gets to the mall more often than I do, helped. Actually, I'd bet that 99.9 percent of Americans get to the mall more often than I do. ) I found a few pairs of shorts, but they are really too short for real comfort, unfortunately. But I like the capris I got from Motherhood -- black, white, khaki, and denim. I got a few more stylish tops that my girls love and beg me to wear all the time, but my favorites are these which are so comfortable and look nice with capris. And I bought this swimsuit at Motherhood too. It's pretty plain, but feels comfortable and will do the trick. I liked the broad shoulder straps a lot more than the blue plaid one you linked to, which I also tried on.

Donna
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 01 2006 at 5:10am | IP Logged Quote Donna

Elizabeth wrote:
It's a tough sell to myself--particularly given the climate in which I was raised, but this time around, my inspiration, these three precious daughters of mine, will allow the mothering instinct to protect myself as I protect them.

Elizabeth,
Does this mean new baby is a daughter? Whoo hoo !!

Jacob, Sam, and Regina with God
Grandbabies Leigha and Elsie

Moments Like These

Back to Top View Donna's Profile Search for other posts by Donna Visit Donna's Homepage

Elizabeth
Founder
Founder

Real Learning

Posted: June 01 2006 at 6:58am | IP Logged Quote Elizabeth

Donna wrote:
Elizabeth wrote:
It's a tough sell to myself--particularly given the climate in which I was raised, but this time around, my inspiration, these three precious daughters of mine, will allow the mothering instinct to protect myself as I protect them.

Elizabeth,
Does this mean new baby is a daughter? Whoo hoo !!

It sure does. We're tickled pink!

Elizabeth Foss is no longer a member of this forum. Discussions now reflect the current management & are not necessarily expressions of her book, *Real Learning*, her current work, or her philosophy. (posted by E. Foss, Jan 2011)
Back to Top View Elizabeth's Profile Search for other posts by Elizabeth

MicheleQ
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 01 2006 at 7:03am | IP Logged Quote MicheleQ

Donna wrote:
Elizabeth,Does this mean new baby is a daughter? Whoo hoo !!

Elizabeth wrote:

Everyone I know is having girls lately. We'd sure love to have another girl! I still have a while to wait to find out. Of course another boy would be just grand, but we're running out of boy names we can agree on.

Back to Top View MicheleQ's Profile Search for other posts by MicheleQ Visit MicheleQ's Homepage

Leonie
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 01 2006 at 7:09am | IP Logged Quote Leonie

Elizabeth wrote:

Woo - hoo!

MEBarrett
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: June 01 2006 at 9:50am | IP Logged Quote MEBarrett

Elizabeth wrote:

How wonderful!!!

Tales from the Bonny Blue House
O Night Divine
Back to Top View MEBarrett's Profile Search for other posts by MEBarrett Visit MEBarrett's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 5
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version