Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Tea and Conversation
 4Real Forums : Tea and Conversation
Subject Topic: Socks and Shoes with Summer Skirts Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
CrunchyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: April 26 2012 at 8:16am | IP Logged Quote CrunchyMom

SuzanneG wrote:
Jambu was my obsession last year at about this time. There are many that look great with crops/capris and skirts! I wore them all the time, and they are holding up great.

Would you garden or go walking on trails and such in your Jambus? I forgot about them as an option, and they might be more versatile than the Keen if they can hold up. The sole looks durable. I ordered from Zappos, so maybe I'll add a pair of those and take advantage of their easy returns.

[URL=http://mysymphonygarden.blogspot.com/]Lost in the Cosmos[/UR
Back to Top View CrunchyMom's Profile Search for other posts by CrunchyMom

hmbress
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: April 30 2012 at 9:52am | IP Logged Quote hmbress

Lindsay, if I may ask, what is your reason for sandals not being an option? Just curious because if it has to do with needing a certain amount of support to avoid plantar fasciitis, I have found several very supportive types of sandals that work well for me ...

CrunchyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posted: April 30 2012 at 10:54am | IP Logged Quote CrunchyMom

I really didn't want sandals because I already have sandals and wanted a more comfortable middle option that would be better for hiking and gardening but was something I could use beyond that.

I ended up getting this jambu dune mesh in taupe. Thanks so much, Suzanne! They were not on my radar at all before.

I ordered both these and the Keen whisper that Jen linked to. It was really comfy, but even though it didn't feel too small, it looked too small as my heel was over the edge in the back. Plus, the jambus are a little cuter if not *quite* so comfy, and they are still water proof, can be rinsed, etc..., and I like the lip on the heel so I don't get stuff in my shoe so easily. So, I'll be sending the Keen back this week.

I think that later this summer, I'll have my Birkenstocks serviced and reheeled, and in the fall, I'll order a more solid workhorse Mary Jane.

[URL=http://mysymphonygarden.blogspot.com/]Lost in the Cosmos[/UR
Back to Top View CrunchyMom's Profile Search for other posts by CrunchyMom

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  [Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version